Girls mature faster than boys?

Talk about girl stuff!
Angel
Human Overlord

Re: Girls mature faster than boys?

Postby Angel » 20 Feb 2013, 20:53

Hahaha its actually "scientifically proven" that women are more mature than men.
That's not to say there aren't immature, stupid, brainless girls out there. . . I see plenty of them everyday Dx
Haven't you ever known a guy who is a total idiot, but then he meets a girl he really likes and starts acting either more stupid or smarter? This isn't involving "showing off" haha, all guys show off and yes, even girls show off. But that's different from being immature.

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 20 Feb 2013, 21:05

meiguorach wrote:
paladin wrote:Fantasy-
Girls rapidly mature in the first 15-17 years of life then essentially stop. Guys slowly
mature to become more well balanced individuals :3

...'scuse me?

Well EXCUSE YOU!
Image The "Most Likely to Become an Evil Genius" Frookie Winner
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 20 Feb 2013, 22:10

AlsAngel wrote:Hahaha its actually "scientifically proven" that women are more mature than men.
That's not to say there aren't immature, stupid, brainless girls out there. . . I see plenty of them everyday Dx
Haven't you ever known a guy who is a total idiot, but then he meets a girl he really likes and starts acting either more stupid or smarter? This isn't involving "showing off" haha, all guys show off and yes, even girls show off. But that's different from being immature.

I'd like to see which studies actually concluded that females are "scientifically" proven to be more mature than males.

The only difference between a male and a female is what's in the pants, and I don't think what's down there determines your level of maturity.

I highly doubt that is true. Unless the study was just focusing on the social aspect of it, then that is debatable and understanding, but saying scientifically, you bring in biology, social, and a bunch(and I mean a bunch) of other stuff and people will most likely turn to genes. I don't think girls get more of the "mature" genes. .-.

So, again, please show me the studies that concluded this.

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 20 Feb 2013, 22:14

http://www.psychologytoday.com/blog/the ... elligent-w

It looks as though the question of maturity is neither right, or wrong.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 21 Feb 2013, 00:27

While there was some sort of figure showing that by some measure girls mature faster than boys (think it may have been something like brain mass by age/peak brain mass by age), it's all individualistic.
Image For trying.

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 21 Feb 2013, 00:30

mmm wrote:While there was some sort of figure showing that by some measure girls mature faster than boys (think it may have been something like brain mass by age/peak brain mass by age), it's all individualistic.

Hmmm. . . Very interesting. . .Now that I think about it, my Ex was quite the meat head while my current bf is very "mature". Most of the time hahahaha
I stand corrected.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 21 Feb 2013, 00:58

Thank you for the link on the study.

It was pretty amazing and made a lot of sense. Sorry for being a bit snappy! :lol:

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 21 Feb 2013, 01:18

Shadowstar1922 wrote:Thank you for the link on the study.

It was pretty amazing and made a lot of sense. Sorry for being a bit snappy! :lol:

Its all good haha

Karamix3
FWG Professional

Postby Karamix3 » 21 Mar 2013, 03:04

I doubt it, i think that women just mature in things that matter more much quicker, like attitudinal stuff. And also in things adults think is more important.

Elcoolio
FWG Earl

Postby Elcoolio » 21 Mar 2013, 03:45

I thinks it is just girls are more mature than boys especially mentally, us boys will never be as mature as girls I think its just a fact of life.
Physically girls also mature faster but the lads usually catch up and overtake dem stupid girls in the end.

BOYZ FOR THE WIN
People have the right to be stupid. Some people abuse that privilege.

Return to “Girl Chat”