Makeup

Talk about girl stuff!
woofwoof
FWG Mod
Location: laying on the floor in my room with the lights off unsure where my life is going

Makeup

Postby woofwoof » 23 Nov 2014, 23:15

LADIES, LADIES, HERE YOU GO

A MAKEUP TOPIC TO POST PICTURES OF WHEN YOU'RE ON POINT AND WHEN YOU NEED HELP TO BE ON POINT (A.K.A. TUTORIALS)

LET'S BEGIN WITH A TUTORIAL (because my makeup is hardly on point)

Okay, this is the only video I've watched by this guy but that's a freaking cool trick and his videos look professional so I would check them out. Pretty cool stuff

Anyway yeah post more stuff guys woop

I'm reminded that I should be getting over it.

Minana
FWG Assassin

Re: Makeup

Postby Minana » 04 Sep 2015, 20:00

Hicke1994 wrote:
I have brown eyes so here I would like to share some makeup tips for brown eyes.
Brown eyes come in many different shades so let's look at a kaleidoscope of colors to help us to enhance eye color. Colors opposite each other will be complementary so, will work to brighten each other up. For example: Red and green, orange and blue, purple and yellow. Depending on the shade of brown your eyes are will determine the shades of eye shadow you may use to brighten the brown which, may give you the effect of lightening that you are after, especially if you use colors that shimmer. If your eyes have a yellow tinge, try using an eye shadow with a purple tone.

The next thing you need to consider is the one rule of makeup that will always guide you: Light colors bring out, make larger and highlight. Dark colors recede, minimize or contour. So with this in mind you could work with dark eyeliner and light eye shadow colors to emphasize your dark chocolate eyes with black liner, mascara, a smudge of pale pink eye shadow, and finish with lightly flushed cheeks and make your lips your signature. Create lip focus with a red or berry stain. To pull color focus from your eyes, giving the illusion of lighter eyes, go for a deeper shade of lip color.

Dark brown eyes are very versatile when it comes to color accents, and dark brown eyes are such a beautiful feature to have, I would play them up. Compliment your brown eyes with pale pinks, or accent the brown with gold and deep rusts. Have you tried using eyeliner to add definition? One look is to use one sheer glittery eye shadow used all over in combination with a softly smudged liner for a more sophisticated look.

I would definitely recommend you have a play with colored eyeliners. Dark brown eyes look stunning lined in shades of plum mix with a pale mauve shadow, aubergine mix with a shimmery light pink shadow, raisin mix with a mushroom soft brown shadow. Just remember to combine with a lighter shadow or your eyes may look more dramatic. There are various methods of using eyeliner. Pencils are the most versatile eye-defining tools, as you can start softly, blending each layer back if it starts to become too heavy looking. Pencil can be smudged softly, or add depth under an eye shadow for a muted look, or used alone for strongly defined eyes.

Liquid eyeliner is much more dramatic, and can be applied over top of your eye pencil for added intensity, or used under eye shadow to enhance your eye shape. Both of these techniques ensure longwearing eyeliner.

For the most natural way to line your eyes, use a small, firm brush and apply eye shadow as your eyeliner. Make the most of your dark brown eyes, using soft pinks to really bring them out. Use brown mascara for day, and a black/brown mascara for evening or special occasions. Keep eyeliner to a minimum though. Just use it to softly frame your eyes. Avoid all black as it tends to be too strong. Chocolates, deep plums and charcoals smudged into your lashes will do the trick. You might like to try adding a very subtle contour in a soft mushroom color on your brow bone just above your crease and blend this softly.

On the days you feel like your eyes need a pick-me-up, jazz up your eye make-up a little. Graduating your eye makeup from at your lash line to your brow will give your eyes more depth. Use the darkest shade along your lash line, and merge into lighter shades nearer your brow. Contouring and shading can create the illusion of different eye shapes. By using dark to minimize and light to make larger, you can play with altering the length and size of your eyes. ?

If you just want to keep it simple, sweep a shimmery pastel shadow all over your lid, curl your lashes, apply 2 to 3 coats dark grey charcoal or dark brown mascara, and add a few individual false lashes on the outer corner of your eyes!

OR

There is no end to the makeup looks that women with brown eyes can wear. Makeup for brown eyes can include dark colors and light colors and can even take advantage of all of the current looks in eye make up. Women with brown eyes and dark skin can take it even further.

The best make up tips for brown eyes draw attention to those peepers. If you have brown eyes try the darker matted colors and create a smokey eye effect. Your daytime look can be simple or dramatic. You can pull it off.

Pretty, springtime eyes can be created using some of the new pastel, frosted eye shadow colors. Try some of the new offbeat colors like pink or yellow. Use them to line all the way around your eyes.

You lucky gals with brown eyes have lots of makeup options. You can choose to wear eyeliner or not. A lot of looks that would be too harsh on a woman with lighter eyes, looks great on you.

Those of you with light brown eyes have such an unusual color it would be a shame not to highlight them. Definitely try the smokey eye look and experiment with lots of different colors. Use lots of muted shadow liners and crayons.

When you are creating a dramatic eye, or emphasiz

Awesome tips! :D
*Loud screeching in the distance*

#1 in the Summer Comedy Competition

Father Anderson
FWG God

Postby Father Anderson » 30 Oct 2015, 17:53

I like chicks without artificial chemicals plastered onto their face much more attractive.
unless it's mad moxxi from borderlands
Image BRO AWARD WITH MY BAE JOEY <3
my sons

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 01 Nov 2015, 16:16

Father Anderson wrote:I like chicks without artificial chemicals plastered onto their face much more attractive.

well it's a good thing "chicks" don't wear makeup for boys so

Father Anderson
FWG God

Postby Father Anderson » 01 Nov 2015, 17:59

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
Father Anderson wrote:I like chicks without artificial chemicals plastered onto their face much more attractive.

Makeup lives matter tbh

But yeah, a lot I have seen (including my sisters) do for guy's attention.
I'm not saying all women do though, and I just say I prefer without.
Oh no I gave my opinion on the internet, whatever shall you do?
Image BRO AWARD WITH MY BAE JOEY <3
my sons

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 01 Nov 2015, 21:24

Father Anderson wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:

Makeup lives matter tbh

But yeah, a lot I have seen (including my sisters) do for guy's attention.
I'm not saying all women do though, and I just say I prefer without.
Oh no I gave my opinion on the internet, whatever shall you do?

lmaaaoooo wtf is this

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 18 Nov 2015, 16:53

I've started doing my makeup how I used to do it again.
Well... in middle school I wore foundation, eye shadow and mascara.
Now I wear concealer, foundation, eye shadow, eye liner, and mascara.
Concealer for under my eyes and on blemishes, foundation to make my face look smooth and flawless and then I like my eyes to be the main focus, so the rest of my makeup goes on my eyes.
NEVER try to draw attention to more than one aspect of your face other wise you will look like you have too much makeup on.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 19 Nov 2015, 01:58

Angel wrote:I've started doing my makeup how I used to do it again.
Concealer for under my eyes and on blemishes, foundation to make my face look smooth and flawless and then I like my eyes to be the main focus, so the rest of my makeup goes on my eyes.
NEVER try to draw attention to more than one aspect of your face other wise you will look like you have too much makeup on.

can you get pictures???
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 19 Nov 2015, 02:46

Boxorino wrote:
Angel wrote:I've started doing my makeup how I used to do it again.

can you get pictures???

Eventually... when I get another day off from work and if I remember to do it.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 25 Nov 2015, 19:15

Always make sure your face is clean before putting on any makeup.
And yes, that red mark on my forehead is a birth mark, and it goes purple when I get really angry.

I use concealer under my eyes to hide the dark circles, and on blemishes so they aren't so noticeable.

Then I put on two thin layers of foundation so it doesn't look thick and caked on.

Powder will set your foundation and make your skin feel less oily.

I only use one color of eye shadow, coffee (Disclaimer: not actual coffee, that's just the name).
Once applied, I blend it in with my finger so it isn't too dark.

Next comes the eye liner. Sometimes it doesn't like to cooperate with me, but thankfully today it did.

And lastly, the mascara.

Final results!

Everything I used and their prices (in American money):
Cover Girl Radiantly Gorgeous Concealer $10
Cover Girl Fit Me! Foundation $10
Cover Girl Dream Wonder Powder $10
Cover Girl Coffee Eye Shadow $3
Mary Kay Black Gel Eye Liner $20
Cover Girl Brown Mascara $7
Total makeup cost: $60

I had honestly never added up the costs to all of these before...that is A LOT of money going in to makeup, but I only have to buy the expensive stuff once every 6 months to a year.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Return to “Girl Chat”