Why girls like make-up

Talk about girl stuff!
beana 9000
FWG King

Re: Why girls like make-up

Postby beana 9000 » 06 Jan 2012, 03:27

Its like sprused up face paint. The only thing different is it looks like skin color,and not blue,red,yellow,like you’d see on a little kid’s face! ._.

Amy
FWG Baron

Postby Amy » 06 Jan 2012, 15:56

Make up was designed to enhance appearance, rather than cover blemishes.

I wear a bit of make up with techniques, as it can very noticeably make your eyes look bigger, give you defined cheeks, etc. I'd never go out if you could see my make up (apart from a bit of eyeshadow, etc)

Girls who have the "perfect skin" look from wearing so much foundation are bringing it upon themselves, as when they are older, they will have a permanent problem with spots and red skin, from continued use of chemicals.

Same with hairspray and such, it may make you look nice now, but it'll damage you later on in life.

woofwoof
FWG Mod
Location: laying on the floor in my room with the lights off unsure where my life is going

Postby woofwoof » 12 Jan 2012, 01:17

Amy Moo Cow wrote:Make up was designed to enhance appearance, rather than cover blemishes.

I wear a bit of make up with techniques, as it can very noticeably make your eyes look bigger, give you defined cheeks, etc. I'd never go out if you could see my make up (apart from a bit of eyeshadow, etc)

Girls who have the "perfect skin" look from wearing so much foundation are bringing it upon themselves, as when they are older, they will have a permanent problem with spots and red skin, from continued use of chemicals.

Same with hairspray and such, it may make you look nice now, but it'll damage you later on in life.

I completely agree with this. Amy is the smartest and the best. (:

Woof xx

TheNobody
Noobie Doobie

Postby TheNobody » 23 Feb 2012, 11:54

i don't wear one.....

ice cream rulez
FWG Assassin

Postby ice cream rulez » 28 Feb 2012, 02:46

To much make up freaks some guys out :shock:
If your afraid of failure you dont deserve to be successful.
~Charles Barkley

Talent wins games, but teamwork and intelligence wins championships. ~Michael Jordan

lilhuntie
FWG Professional

Postby lilhuntie » 02 Mar 2012, 17:16

i wear a simple 1 color eyeshadow usually a shimmery white, it gives my eyes a little flare, that's all i wear it for
Life seems long until its almost over, then you beg for more time

-Hunter

meiguorach
FWG Duke

Postby meiguorach » 14 Aug 2012, 03:29

I don't wear make-up that often, as I prefer the natural look. I'll wear it occasionally (mascara and lipgloss are pretty much all I use...), just to change it up a bit. But I prefer to look natural. My guy friend prefers me without makeup, too.

As to why we like it? Some people are simply interested in it. They like experimenting with colors and techniques. Most often, it helps to make us feel pretty. There's just something about it that gives us that feeling, even if in reality, it's not making us any prettier than we were without it. Then there are those girls who feel insecure without it. They feel like they aren't hot without it.

Well, I have something to say to those girls. You are beautiful without all that stuff on your face. I prefer the words "beautiful" and "pretty" to the word "hot." Take the makeup away, the same girl still remains. You may not feel that beautiful, but you are. There's nothing about you that's plain. There will never be a more beautiful you. :)
Image FWG Award for Destined to be Famous

lineskis
FWG General

Postby lineskis » 15 Aug 2012, 10:20

i have lip balm cuz my lips dry crack and bleed really easly but other that that i only wear make up when my mom corners me and puts it on me or when im stuck going to a slumber party or a inhouse spa day wt dollar store make up. so normally i have little choice in the fact. i personally think we use it for accesorising boosting our ego or just blending in to what all the other girls do and waste to much time fixing.
I can't watch action movies before bed.

mycatisweird
FWG General

Postby mycatisweird » 16 Aug 2012, 01:44

Thank you all for telling me and putting your inut. This is the first topic i have made to get so may replies lol.
Making music is nice and everything alrite but im telling you mane you gotta get out the game and come sit down with the wonder of life and the strife that i've been through. 9th wonder is the arm to come to

Nudu
FWG Squire

Postby Nudu » 18 Feb 2013, 15:18

Am the cool gal! Make-up just doesnt make sense... It only just destroys what u really are... :?

Return to “Girl Chat”