GUNS.

Talk about guy stuff...
Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Re: GUNS.

Postby Zia- » 08 May 2015, 03:54

The Baconator wrote:Image

I love me some revolvers ok.
Sniper rifles are overhyped, and overused. Yes, they are good for long range, but they are the katana of the gun world

yes because the majority of 12 year old "trickshotters" in CoD represent all people who have actually fired a sniper rifle and know just what destructive and stopping power they actually hold. And seeings as how using a sniper irl is actually pretty difficult (having to know distance, bullet drop, wind resistance etc) make using it as easy as firing a fully automatic rifle. next time you go to the local gun range pick up a sniper, take it out for 500 meters and see how many targets you can hit without someone spotting for you.

actually i would say the katana of the gun world would be an m16
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

Luminous
FWG Professional

Postby Luminous » 08 May 2015, 06:27

No no zia this is the katana of the gun world

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 19 May 2015, 19:42

M1 Garand: A classic. I love this thing. I got to hold one before, eventually I might be able to shoot it.

There's something about the Derringer that I love. It feels...right. Looks classy in a way.

Flintlock pistol. Old, but cool. Not very accurate, but you will feel like a pirate.
Out of Action.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 20 May 2015, 07:27

The Random Savior wrote:

M1 Garand: A classic. I love this thing. I got to hold one before, eventually I might be able to shoot it.

There's something about the Derringer that I love. It feels...right. Looks classy in a way.

Flintlock pistol. Old, but cool. Not very accurate, but you will feel like a pirate.

One, the spoiler function does exist

Two. Totally, not, a, hipster

All the guns are old, the derringer originating in the ninteenth century,
the M1 Garand being in service 1936-1957 it has certainly seen some good fights as the standard issue rifle to the U.S army and really is the katana of the gun world, obsolete,
The flintlock pistol just makes the others not seem old, you don't use a flintlock pistol for shooting or fighting a war because:

-as you said, not very accurate
-it is much less powerful than any conventional gun
-the ammunition of metal balls and gunpowder is hard to come by nowadays, bought mainly from special sources
-did I mention it is also slow and fiddly to reload?
(The musket had the above problem when it was fired as the process goes pour black powder, dont spill it, put in metal ball
Three shots a minute from a musket every minute was seen as good)
-add too much black powder and you can damage the pistol
(And no, it will make very little difference to the power of the shot if any)
-they are only awesome if you have a belt of four to ten of them and pull each one in sequemce, unloading them into a firing dummy, or a boarder.

But flintlocks are some of the most sought after guns so this french contraption has a legacy to live with as a staple Pirate weapon.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 20 May 2015, 16:17

The Divine Potato wrote:
The Random Savior wrote:

the M1 Garand being in service 1936-1957 it has certainly seen some good fights as the standard issue rifle to the U.S army and really is the katana of the gun world, obsolete,
The flintlock pistol just makes the others not seem old, you don't use a flintlock pistol for shooting or fighting a war because:

-the ammunition of metal balls and gunpowder is hard to come by nowadays, bought mainly from special sources
(The musket had the above problem when it was fired as the process goes pour black powder, dont spill it, put in metal ball
-they are only awesome if you have a belt of four to ten of them and pull each one in sequemce, unloading them into a firing dummy, or a boarder.

But flintlocks are some of the most sought after guns so this french contraption has a legacy to live with as a staple Pirate weapon.

...indeed, Potato....indeed...
Out of Action.

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 20 May 2015, 16:17

The Divine Potato wrote:
The Random Savior wrote:

...indeed, Potato....indeed...
Out of Action.

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 11 Jun 2015, 00:49

that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Return to “Guy Chat”