Zombie apocalypse

Talk about guy stuff...
Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Zombie apocalypse

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 18 Jan 2014, 20:49

Excalibur wrote:Zombies don't exist.

There are 5 viruses in existence that can cause a human body to undergo internal and external transformations that are similar to what we consider zombies are.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 18 Jan 2014, 21:19

Shadowstar1922 wrote:

There are 5 viruses in existence that can cause a human body to undergo internal and external transformations that are similar to what we consider zombies are.

Yes, The Poison of the pufferfish Is one I believe...
I've lost my pieces.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 18 Jan 2014, 23:29

Lamb wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:

I believe so. I'd research into it again but I'm lazy.

I'll just let the curiosity of those who disagree google it. :3

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 25 Oct 2014, 01:49

Back on topic.
Since walking dead is less and less about the threat of the undead at the moment, let's get this topic back up. Till I start uni again at least.

Back to the roots: would you sit in a safe place or keep moving in hope of finding a shelter held up by people more organized? (Eg army)

bob-jr
FWG Mod

Postby bob-jr » 25 Oct 2014, 23:22

Move through the less populated areas stockpiling what you can until you see signs of organisation. And then hope what happens in every zombie film doesn't happen and that you all get overrun.
I'm just bobbing along

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 25 Oct 2014, 23:50

I say get a BoO, but be able to move the most important stuff at a moment's notice--Anything could happen.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 27 Oct 2014, 02:56

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
Lamb wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:

I believe so. I'd research into it again but I'm lazy.

I'll just let the curiosity of those who disagree google it. :3

its called Tetrodotoxin, and its also found in the venom of blue ring octopuses as well as lion fishes, its a neurotoxin that when combined with a few other compounds would be able to put one in a zombie like state, cited from a few zombie websites.

but as for forming an army or going solo on the whole apocalypse thing, its really down to personal opinion, would you rather not have to share any of your resources with anyone, but be under constant threat because no one to back you up? or would you rather have people to back you up and look out for each other but have to spend time after time looking for new resources like water, food, guns ammo, medical supplies and such.

i personally would prefer to have as little people with me if zombies were to roam the earth, for various reasons such as being able to conserve resources as well as preventing emotional pain when others die by limiting how many others there are. it also enables us to move more stealthily.

but if we were to either join or form a relatively large force of people, i would encourage that people move in groups of atleast 3, and one must be armed at all times with atleast a gun, the other two can carry a machete or hatchet or anything that could be used for meleeing and cutting.

and constant scouts for resources would be necessary, so that we would be able to stock up on supplies for when we needed them. as for the "fort" itself it would most likely be a small town that we have placed a reinforced wall around with constant 4 hour shifts of patrolling the wall, we would also erect 4 sniper towers for medium to long distance coverage. pretty much akin to the town in the walking dead. except with keeping walkers alive and putting them to fight against unarmed humans for fun, or keeping their heads in jars.

and in either situations i am benefitted so it doesnt really matter :P as long as i get to shoot zombies im fine.

and heres some tips and advice for survivng the zombie apocalypse
"Always Have Some Sort of a Weapon"
"Never carry just one weapon"
"Prioritize Your Needs"
"Strength in Numbers"
"Avoid Population Centers Wherever Possible"
"In Combat, Remaining Calm is the Most Important Thing"
"Using Range and Distance is the Second Most Important Thing"
"Always Expect Trouble - Always be Alert"
"Short Bursts of Fire Conserve Valuable Ammo and Increase Accuracy"
"Conserve Valuable Energy"
"Practice Worst Case Combat Scenarios"
"Observe Firearm Safety Protocol at All Times"
"When Travelling, Always be on the Lookout for Possible Locations of Supplies and Shelters/Bases"
"Survival of the Fittest/Nature be Not Kind"
"Always Have a 'Final Way Out' Plan"
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 27 Oct 2014, 13:45

Zia-chan wrote:Tetrodotoxin

i'm sorry but really the only thing i can think of is this
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 29 Oct 2014, 21:50

My zombie strategy:

In early stages, I would gather my loved ones together (max group size: 6) and arm myself and them. From there, after we have found a location that suits our needs for defence, foodstuffs, and other such resources, I would then create a strong base. As a good base requires more individuals to defend, I shall gather what survivors I can, and ensure everyone has a job and a strong system such that the base will not fail. We shall outlast the zombies.
Image The "Most Likely to Become an Evil Genius" Frookie Winner
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 29 Oct 2014, 22:01

paladin wrote:My zombie strategy:

In early stages, I would gather my loved ones together (max group size: 6) and arm myself and them. From there, after we have found a location that suits our needs for defence, foodstuffs, and other such resources, I would then create a strong base. As a good base requires more individuals to defend, I shall gather what survivors I can, and ensure everyone has a job and a strong system such that the base will not fail. We shall outlast the zombies.

Mine:
In early stages, establish Base of Operations. Be ready to move at a moment's notice. Do EXTENSIVE searches on new folk. Allow carriers, but do not allow them to give blood. Make a list of everyone who joins me. List their weaknesses, strengths, chronic illnesses, carrier y/n, etc.

Map out the area. At this point, either expand from my Base of Operations, slowly reclaiming the land using the people in my group (like in Rebuild), OR move to any base nearby if it's larger--If it's smaller, convince them to join me. Establish gun/weapon training, and safety in the field training. Keep everybody on their toes.

Don't outlast them, take what's rightfully yours back, and definitely don't restrict your initial group to loved ones--If they're bitten, they're a threat. Don't put too much trust in anyone you haven't searched.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Return to “Guy Chat”