Tranquility/Earth Locations.

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
Rainshard
FWG God

Tranquility/Earth Locations.

Postby Rainshard » 24 Jan 2015, 20:34

This may kick off or just die really quick but I wanna introduce a really simple idea to RP.

I realized that when people RP the places people usually RP in vary from 'Forest clearing' to 'City' and I was thinking.....

What if people could create locations, and put them on the forums as places in Tranquility or Earth. I think this would expand the universe, give greater depth in the world, and maybe we could make a map....

I'm not saying that we should do this, but, if we add a location system people could write about their kingdoms and landmasses, or interesting locations throughout the world which we could archive on this topic, and if we get enough we could develop a map.

To put this into context, Foop (sorry for using you as an example) could describe his kingdom, the shape, the capital and people can RP in his kingdom using what he wrote. If somebody comes up with a unique idea for a location, they could describe it and people can use it as context for where they are. If you RP in a location you like but somebody has no idea what you are talking about, you can link to what you wrote on this topic instead of explaining it.

With a map it would effect the politics and dynamics of war (for reasons I don't have time to explain) and makes travelling across the world more realistic (choose where you begin and move on from there).

I know there are some complications with a map, but right now this topic is just a way for people to share interesting locations which others can later use as locations they may choose to RP in.

The locations you can design are endless. If you have a kingdom or clan, you can describe your kingdom or clan building/zone. If you have an interesting idea for a location you may want to share for future use, this is the place for you.

Rainshard
Last edited by Rainshard on 24 Jan 2015, 20:47, edited 1 time in total.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Re: Tranquility/Earth Locations.

Postby Foopzheart » 24 Jan 2015, 20:43

I have a few locations I go to a lot and it would help to give people some sort of layout. I'm all for it.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 24 Jan 2015, 21:46

I figured I was the only one to think of it with my map of Arventia, I think it would be a brilliant idea.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 24 Jan 2015, 22:45

I was thinking about what we could use to make a map. This looks promising. Its been funded and should be coming soon. Maybe we could use it to model Tranquility?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/worldspinner/worldspinner-fantasy-rpg-worldbuilder-and-map-make
2015 dad

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 25 Jan 2015, 01:57

I have another world that I roleplay on, known as "Teregos". I plan on bringing it back soon. When I do, I can describe and stuff.
Out of Action.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER

Postby The Divine Potato » 25 Jan 2015, 03:04

Rainshard500 wrote:I was thinking about what we could use to make a map. This looks promising. Its been funded and should be coming soon. Maybe we could use it to model Tranquility?

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/worldspinner/worldspinner-fantasy-rpg-worldbuilder-and-map-make

I think the main downside that has to it would be the film it of freedom people would have with the civilisations, it would be a bit inconvenient if a version had your own city too big or too small from how you want it, otherwise that looks quite a good one.

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 28 Jan 2015, 01:34

http://www.freeworldgroup.com/games9/gameindex/worldbox.htm

This is probably the best you can get for a world maker that is free.
Out of Action.

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 06 Feb 2015, 22:22

I have come up with a theory to successfully link the Earth Universe and Tranquility universe. If this idea gets support it will give us a landmass to begin mapping tranquility and link Earth and Tranquility in a unique way (this map is based from sources of the history of rp)

Landmass of Tranquility

Some of you may realise the map I suggest Tranquility is to be. It's Pangaea Ultima, what scientists predict planet Earth to look like in the future due to continental drift.

Stay with me guys.

I have come up with an interesting thing here:

The technological advances of the human race in the 21st century meant that certain individuals accidentally stumbled upon incredible devices which they believed sent them to new dimensions. One dimension they visited was Tranquility...

Earth came to the end of existence. Death, famine, war and plague had blown out the last flame of life on the once great planet. Years passed by the millions until a cosmological being breathed life into the planet, restoring life, reigniting the process of evolution. The early man worshiped the being and served as slaves as it ruled over the land. More godly beings traveled to Earth. At this point (250 million years after the initial mass extinction) the process of continental drift formed a new continent. Time passed, and Gods became less prominent. Many Gods simply disappeared but left their mystical aura on the land which rubbed off on the mortals. With their new independence, the mortals started to take land of their own, create civilizations. The super continent was soon christened Tranquility by these mortals, who continued to prosper. Life went on, the old world forgotten. The aura of the Gods remained with the people, granting them great powers. The whole planets ecosystem was changed.

Those who thought that Tranquility was a new dimension were actually forward in time. They had no idea that they were simply in the same place, just at a point when their planetary lifetime ended and a new one began....

(In essence, Tranquility is planet Earth in the far distant future. If you like this idea or recommend anything I could change about this mini story, just PM me. IF enough people think this is a good idea, we will use the map of Pangaea Ultima for Tranquility. If not... i'll figure something else out. I would like some feedback about this idea so go ahead. Make it constructive please.)
2015 dad

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER

Postby The Divine Potato » 06 Feb 2015, 23:04

Rainshard500 wrote:I have come up with a theory to successfully link the Earth Universe and Tranquility universe. If this idea gets support it will give us a landmass to begin mapping tranquility and link Earth and Tranquility in a unique way (this map is based from sources of the history of rp)

Landmass of Tranquility

Some of you may realise the map I suggest Tranquility is to be. It's Pangaea Ultima, what scientists predict planet Earth to look like in the future due to continental drift.

Stay with me guys.

I have come up with an interesting thing here:

The technological advances of the human race in the 21st century meant that certain individuals accidentally stumbled upon incredible devices which they believed sent them to new dimensions. One dimension they visited was Tranquility...

Earth came to the end of existence. Death, famine, war and plague had blown out the last flame of life on the once great planet. Years passed by the millions until a cosmological being breathed life into the planet, restoring life, reigniting the process of evolution. The early man worshiped the being and served as slaves as it ruled over the land. More godly beings traveled to Earth. At this point (250 million years after the initial mass extinction) the process of continental drift formed a new continent. Time passed, and Gods became less prominent. Many Gods simply disappeared but left their mystical aura on the land which rubbed off on the mortals. With their new independence, the mortals started to take land of their own, create civilizations. The super continent was soon christened Tranquility by these mortals, who continued to prosper. Life went on, the old world forgotten. The aura of the Gods remained with the people, granting them great powers. The whole planets ecosystem was changed.

Those who thought that Tranquility was a new dimension were actually forward in time. They had no idea that they were simply in the same place, just at a point when their planetary lifetime ended and a new one began....

(In essence, Tranquility is planet Earth in the far distant future. If you like this idea or recommend anything I could change about this mini story, just PM me. IF enough people think this is a good idea, we will use the map of Pangaea Ultima for Tranquility. If not... i'll figure something else out. I would like some feedback about this idea so go ahead. Make it constructive please.)

-gets cellotape and tapes Arventia's map on the left side of that map-

Essentially that is what was done in universe, Tranquility and Arventia were originally two separate things, Arventia was created independently in my own mind and then melded with Tranquility in terms of relations, otherwise Arventia was a planet on it's own.

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 06 Feb 2015, 23:12

Regarding the scale of that map. It is the scale of our planet...

If you want to create you own separate map, go ahead. It depends how many people want to use this map or switch to a different one. We can't exactly make the planet twice the size to accommodate Arventia but I will talk to you in the future to discuss, if this map is used. (You could sanction off a section of this Tranquility map but we'll figure something out if you wan't a separate Arventia map. I'm not sure if it is fair to give someone such a huge part of the map.)
2015 dad

Return to “Role-playing”