Academy of War: The Closed Labyrinth

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
ghost 9
FWG King

Academy of War: The Closed Labyrinth

Postby ghost 9 » 23 Jul 2012, 19:59

What the hell just happened... Ghost thought to himself, a large amount of pressure on his body. He pushed with all of his strength, removing a large pile of rock that had fallen on him. Josh, where are you? Ghost thought toward him. 3 steps to your left. Josh replied. Ghost look to where Josh indicated, and saw a large pile of rock trembleing as if and earthquake had start. Ghost shot a beam of energy from his hand, and incinerated the rock. Josh got up, and Ghost handed him the stone. After Josh had restored his energy, he stretched and said, "Let's hurry up and get that stone." Ghost took the stone again and put it back in his pocket. "We need to find a way to go up, but somehow they placed a new ceiling over us." Ghost commented, and then a roaring could be heard feintly in the distance. "That way." Josh said, pointing toward an opening in the wall. "I thought we were going to go up." Ghost replied. "Except there's no possible way to go up. If we confront whatever's making that noise, then I think we'll defeat this stone's guardian. If that's the case, then the ceiling might open up or something." Josh explained. "And if it doesn't?" Ghost asked. "Then we'll go with your idea." Josh told him, and then began to run toward the noise. "Good." Ghost replied, and then rushed after him. As they entered the center of the labyrinth, they saw before them a beast that had the head and torso of a rhino, the lower half of a bull, arms of a person, and wings of a falcon. As Ghost and Josh entered the room, the beast stood up with an ax in both of his hands. "Hello there." Ghost said with a smile, and then the beast lowered it's head and charged.

Josh jumped up and landed behind the beast while Ghost sidestepped and slashed at the beasts lages, which was blocked by the ax. Josh ducked as he swung the second ax at him, just barely missing his head. Josh stabbed him in the leg, and the beast fell to one of knees. He swung his other ax at Ghost, knocking the blade out of his hand. Ghost jumped back to avoid another hit, and Josh slashed the beasts back. The beast swung his head back, and gouged Josh in his side with his horns. Josh collapsed to the ground grasping his side, and then the beast stood up once more, his ax held over his head, and ready to drop. Ghost slashed the beast, cutting through muscle, bone, tissue, and then brought the blade to his side. He stabbed the beast in the back of the head, but took a blow to ths side, the ax burrying itself deep into bone. The beast collapsed to the ground, dead. "That went well." Ghost commented through clenched teeth. "You're telling me." Josh replied through a closed grin. Ghost withdrew the stone from his hide, and healed his wounds with the stone, and then repeated the process with Josh. "Oh, and Josh. The ceiling isn't going away." Ghost pointed out. "Look at the floor where the thing was sitting, genios." Josh replied simply. As he looked over there, he saw a staircase continueing to grow into a large hole that had formed. "Well, we know where to go. Come on." Ghost said and rushed over to the staircase. Josh followed close behind. When they reached the top, they found themselves once again in the room with the stone. They kicked the door open, and bounded over to the stone. After grabbing it, they bounded over to the entrance, and flew out, going toward the chamber where Max was.

Have you killed the rest of them yet? Max asked the Dark Hexans who he had ordered to dispatch the Light Hexan soldiers. Yeah, we killed them all. But we lost one of our own. They replied to him. Better one of you than all of you. Ghost and Josh are on their way. They've retrieved the stone and are coming here. Soon we will have 4 stones in our possession. And the other two are in our country, not theirs. Max told them happily. If you don't mind, I think we'll return to the general. I doubt there will be anymore attacks on you for now, due to the fact they sent in an entire squad to attack what they thought was just you. The Dark Hexan captain commented. Go ahead. If there is anyone else, I'll be able to handle them. Kirstin's on her way over here to. They should arrive around the same time. Max told them. As they headed off, Max replaced the ground that the Light Hexans had begun to dig up, and then cleaned the gore in the tunnel from where they tried to enter. Only an half hour away, Max. I'll be there 3 hours before them. Kirstin told him.

(New chapter posted. Hope you guys like it. All opinions are welcome, so feel free to post 'em.)

Chapter 12: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11745
Chapter 11: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=11009
Chapter 10: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10999
Chapter 9: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10947
Chapter 8: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10945
Chapter 7: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10910
Chapter 6: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10902
Chapter 5: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10894
Chapter 4: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10881
Chapter 3: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10877
Chapter 2: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10871
Chapter I: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10867
Prologue: viewtopic.php?f=14&t=10865
"The costs of action are far less than the costs of inaction."

"If you don't want to be forgotten as soon as you're dead, write something worth reading, or do something worth writing"

Return to “Role-playing”