The Cliches of Rp

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

The Cliches of Rp

Postby The Divine Potato » 16 Aug 2014, 02:17

Right this is where you post things that you find to have come up so many times that they seem dis interesting now or just things that happen a whole lot.

Character cliches:

Eight foot or higher

Older than normal human age, and predating modern society and in several cases the planet. Or even the universe.

Commanders of their element (this stirs up problems when people with the exact same powers clash too)

Not so much as it used to be but vampires are cliche too

So are nine tailled kitsunes, there are three of those things floating about to my knowledge that have some credibility to them.

The 'playing it cool' type personality is kind of copy and pasted to nearly every character, nearly every one.

Facility experiments, admittedly it's a good plot thing and it should be capitalised more upon but it's pretty much the excuse for anyone possible: Step 1, facility creates weird ass mutant and instead of researching or vivisecting it they take pride in torturing the life out of it. Step 2, the facility and it's deplorable security even though they have advanced technology allow the character to escape. Step 3, character is traumatised like a Vietnam veteran from the mention if the facility.

Use of the 'void' this kinda stemmed from an argument between three people over who has control over it but I thought I'd touch on it a little more. Have a pocket dimension instead, the dimension of the void shouldn't really belong to anyone. Though void magic is a rarity.

The fighter, this is more common with newer people as they want to test their boundaries but everyone kind of gets sick of being asked to fight, for the bajillionth time.

Anything involving darkness or light. A whole lot of people use dark magic, and a whole lot use light, it's like the other elements of magic were forgotten about.

Putting 'unknown' or '???' For age in character history. Might as well have not even typed the three letters and the colon along with your vague answer to the age of your character.

The Batman-esque origins. Your character can have parents, but y'know not be seeing them, instead of being an orphan, the rp room ain't a youth hostile.

The demigod. Whenever someone makes a character this is basically what they are aiming to make while beating around the bush as much without trying to make a Mary Sue or a Gary Stu, some people however do not. And it's getting older seeing soo many people with the ability to destroy the earth in a yawn basically.

-edit-

Demons,demons demons demons everywhere.

People with red eyes too, it's become not a sign of being threats in but rather the most common eye colour.

(All cliches are in my own personal opinion and sometimes opinion is the opposite of fact though this is meant to be my most factual opinion I can muster.)
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

prophet
FWG King

Re: The Cliches of Rp

Postby prophet » 17 Aug 2014, 11:47

Final Forms

Turning into smoke to avoid confrontation

Being immune to physical blows and smirking afterwards.

"I'm immortal."

Having a katana with a poorly chosen Japanese name even though the character has no correlation to Asia.

Smoking a cigarette.

"I only fight to protect my friends."

Pulling powers out of your ass.

Having an inner demon/monster/entity that's evil.

Eyes that change colors. (i know my characters do this a lot but it's in good taste. )

Posting a picture of your favorite anime character and saying "he/she looks like this. except evil."

Being a neko.

Being half dragon.

Having a character that can turn into a child and then back into an adult. Possibly the child form is a neko.

Light speed travel.

Getting hit and, "ALAS, T'WAS ONLY A CLONE!" ... I have a special hatred for that one.

Having a poorly edited picture of a random anime character you found off of google images with your character's name plastered on it, usually in red.

Being the ruler of hell.

Time travel.

Having a kunai on hand for no reason.

Having diamond/titanium/adamantium armor or weaponry.

Playing an innocent little girl who is actually evil or something. Happens frequently, believe it or not.

A maid. Probably neko maid.

Having a bio with "his family was killed"

Off the top of my head. I've been around for awhile.
Image FWG BLACKBELT

My Discord ID is Artolix, if anybody wants to reconnect.

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 17 Aug 2014, 12:37

Yami has shadow magic... BITCH ARE YOU TRYING TO SAY SOMETHING?
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER

Postby The Divine Potato » 17 Aug 2014, 14:01

Oh another one. Having eyes that glow, I know that it's practically necessary for your irises to become glowsti- it isn't? Oh right then.

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

prophet
FWG King

Postby prophet » 17 Aug 2014, 21:44

... -coughs-

Uh, Potato. All my character's eyes glow because that's a trait of their race. Biological luminescence.
Image FWG BLACKBELT

My Discord ID is Artolix, if anybody wants to reconnect.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER

Postby The Divine Potato » 17 Aug 2014, 21:54

prophet wrote:... -coughs-

Uh, Potato. All my character's eyes glow because that's a trait of their race. Biological luminescence.

But pretty much every character if locked in a room with no light could make it look like a rave.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER

Postby The Divine Potato » 17 Aug 2014, 22:09

I think maybe just anything glowing almost counts as a cliche, magic and glo wines go hand in hand like bread and butter

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Aug 2014, 22:43

I don't see time travel very often, personally. Then again, I used time travel like two days ago for a story because I had to have an excuse for my character being in a totally different time place. So I guess as an excuse, time travel is pretty easy to use.

Everything else is yeah, though. Not sure what a 'playing it cool' personality is, though.

Obviously the red eyes and anime recolors are a result of kids being dark and edgy. Even if it annoys you, let it happen. Everyone was a little bit annoying once.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Father Anderson
FWG God

Postby Father Anderson » 25 Aug 2014, 19:23

Sharingan
Uchiha Themed Character
Naruto stuff
Furries
Bleach stuff
Ulquiorra worship
Sasuke Worship
Godly weapons
"lol u cnnt dft mi am god"
using latin as a primary language, and butchering the spelling and word choice of it.
rping as 8, and not even being 8 in actuality.
Fire magic.
Wolf anything
katanas and claymores
Image BRO AWARD WITH MY BAE JOEY <3
my sons

Demitri
FWG King
Location: Sitting in my cozy lil cabin...teaching swordsmanship and combusting nubs..

Postby Demitri » 01 Sep 2014, 07:54

Basically this invite thread sums me up In a nutshell only I'm much more cooler
Image Don't touch me family scrub
ImageBOOM GT OUT DA WAY

Return to “Role-playing”