The Cliches of Rp

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Re: The Cliches of Rp

Postby The Divine Potato » 09 Feb 2015, 20:46

A bit of a clan/organization cliche is that they wish to stop all fighting in amongst other clans and help the weak rpers, jus found this whilst looking back a few pages.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 12 Feb 2015, 19:02

A mysterious stranger appears with big changes in mind
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 12 Feb 2015, 19:12

Two I am guilty of:

Abandoned towns/places

Zombies.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 13 Feb 2015, 00:28

Rainshard500 wrote:Two I am guilty of:

Abandoned towns/places

Zombies.

I am completely okay w/ zombies as a cliche because they were pretty much the first RP subject ever
vaguely present

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 13 Feb 2015, 06:26

Fuipui wrote:
Rainshard500 wrote:Two I am guilty of:

Abandoned towns/places

Zombies.

I am completely okay w/ zombies as a cliche because they were pretty much the first RP subject ever

I use them because they can make a boring situation interesting fast.
2015 dad

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 21 Feb 2015, 02:34

"You can't kill me, because I'm already dead."
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 22 Feb 2015, 12:50

The Divine Potato wrote:"You can't kill me, because I'm already dead."

That really annoys me.
2015 dad

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 15 Mar 2015, 19:52

having powers
having over-powered powers
powers
vaguely present

markiplier21
FWG Assassin

Postby markiplier21 » 23 Oct 2015, 20:51

Right this is where you post things that you find to have come up so many times that they seem dis interesting now or just things that happen a whole lot.

Character cliches:

Eight foot or higher Mark Is Actually Only 5'2

Older than normal human age, and predating modern society and in several cases the planet. Or even the universe. He's 18, Not To Over - Aged

Commanders of their element (this stirs up problems when people with the exact same powers clash too) He Barely Knows Any Sand Attacks, Only 2, Actually, Which Is Why He Focuses On His Blade

Not so much as it used to be but vampires are cliche too I Have NO Vampire Characters....Well...

So are nine tailled kitsunes, there are three of those things floating about to my knowledge that have some credibility to them.

The 'playing it cool' type personality is kind of copy and pasted to nearly every character, nearly every one. Mark Is Almost Never Playing It Cool, Unless He's Not Under Attack, Still Then He's Um...Idk

Facility experiments, admittedly it's a good plot thing and it should be capitalised more upon but it's pretty much the excuse for anyone possible: Step 1, facility creates weird ass mutant and instead of researching or vivisecting it they take pride in torturing the life out of it. Step 2, the facility and it's deplorable security even though they have advanced technology allow the character to escape. Step 3, character is traumatised like a Vietnam veteran from the mention if the facility. He's JUST A Scientist That Makes Robots, And Other Things :P

Use of the 'void' this kinda stemmed from an argument between three people over who has control over it but I thought I'd touch on it a little more. Have a pocket dimension instead, the dimension of the void shouldn't really belong to anyone. Though void magic is a rarity.

The fighter, this is more common with newer people as they want to test their boundaries but everyone kind of gets sick of being asked to fight, for the bajillionth time. I So Used To Do This, Everybody Remembers Teaching Baby Mark

Anything involving darkness or light. A whole lot of people use dark magic, and a whole lot use light, it's like the other elements of magic were forgotten about. WAHAHAHAHAHA DIE FOOLIS-Whoops

Putting 'unknown' or '???' For age in character history. Might as well have not even typed the three letters and the colon along with your vague answer to the age of your character. As I Said,18

The Batman-esque origins. Your character can have parents, but y'know not be seeing them, instead of being an orphan, the rp room ain't a youth hostile. Whoopsie Daisie, All My Characters Are Batman!

The demigod. Whenever someone makes a character this is basically what they are aiming to make while beating around the bush as much without trying to make a Mary Sue or a Gary Stu, some people however do not. And it's getting older seeing soo many people with the ability to destroy the earth in a yawn basically.

-edit-

Demons,demons demons demons everywhere.

People with red eyes too, it's become not a sign of being threats in but rather the most common eye colour
Boast It And Toast It And Raise All You're Glasses,Cuz' They Know I Rule All The Masses

Remember Kids, Keep Calm And Throw Teh Cheese

Return to “Role-playing”