Crash course in creatin' an RP Character

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
Walking Zombee
Hand of the King

Crash course in creatin' an RP Character

Postby Walking Zombee » 03 Sep 2014, 02:56

WARNING: This does not help with powers of any sort, that is a way too vivid of a concept to toss around with a guide. Actually...I'll think about it.

- Step One: So many choices, what to go for first?
- Broken mirror: The pieces of the character that make a whole
- What's my Story?
- Who do I know?
- What do I do?
- What am I?

- Step Two: Socialites and Interacting with the Public
- Background, and clichés (We all know demons are cool, but try your best!)
- Social Mores and Laws
- Who shaped my opinions? (The effect of family on perceptions)

- Step Three: An Empty Mind
- Filling your Character's Head
- Emptying your Character's Head (Wash, rinse, repeat, get those details in/out!)
- Personality Traits
- Physical Habits and Mannerisms

- Step Four: An Empty Life
- I've got personality but no lifestyle!
- My class, and how it relates to me
- Using class and profession to add to a character's basis.
- Education: What do I know, and who taught me?

- Step Five: Hey everybody, come see how good I look!
- Physical Appearance and Characteristics
- Start big, then go small
- Descriptive words
- Touching bases: Society and tattoos, piercings, ect.
- Describing my Garb (what do I wear?)
- Affiliations and Dressing (who do I know and how does that effect my dress?)

- Who am I now? (ranks, titles, ((Like Jax and the Akolites, Gold being ruler of Hell)) and other things to top 'em off.)

If you have anything to add, I'll accept anything, and make any edits to further help people with rp.
dab

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Re: Crash course in creatin' an RP Character

Postby Foopzheart » 03 Sep 2014, 03:12

gr80/10, Stickied for comprehensiveness and being so useful/helpful. Please, friends, DO help add to this.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Walking Zombee
Hand of the King

Postby Walking Zombee » 15 Sep 2014, 22:22

bump
dab

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 15 Sep 2014, 22:28

This fills me with desire to complete my 'roleplay worlds' set, I think I will update it within the week, and perhaps take a good lead out of trashy's book
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Kaine
FWG Skull Grinder
Location: Somewhere in Tranquility doin ITPT stuff or pillaging a village

Postby Kaine » 21 Jul 2015, 02:35

ACCESSORIES! Gotta remember what accessories your character wields. And by accessories I mean mainly weapons.For example, one of my characters (Kaine) Wields am axe blessed by the Norse god Odin, in which he can throw or drop, and when he holds out his hand can return to him, destroying, wounding, or killing anything between the axe and Kaine. It has little Celtic engravings that glow green when Kaine holds it by the hilt, to match the full body Celtic knot tattoo that glows dark green 24/7.

You don't want to go into Tranquility with nothin but your dukes (Even if ur character is magic, give him a gandolf the gray staff because why not?).

HOWEVER do not, and I mean it, DO NOT GIVE YOUR CHARACTER A REALLY OP KILLER WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION THAT DOES ALL THE 360NOSCOPE420$W@G TRICKS AND KILLS EVERYONE. You can gave basic rifles and handguns, and maybe a shotgun here or there. Don't come in with anything excessive, its not cool. If I find you with one I'll probably someone know you are being stupid, especially if I know that you know better.

NOW, there aren't just weapons you can have, there are things like candies, foods, toys and pets! Those can be literally anything, but it must follow the rules of the weapons, nothing that can cause destruction to all of Tranquility and half of Areventia.

That's all I got, if someone wants to add something, go ahead XD
People should only be loyal to their ruler if their ruler is loyal to them.

Demitri
FWG King
Location: Sitting in my cozy lil cabin...teaching swordsmanship and combusting nubs..

Postby Demitri » 18 Aug 2016, 02:39

Kaine wrote:ACCESSORIES! Gotta remember what accessories your character wields. And by accessories I mean mainly weapons.For example, one of my characters (Kaine) Wields am axe blessed by the Norse god Odin, in which he can throw or drop, and when he holds out his hand can return to him, destroying, wounding, or killing anything between the axe and Kaine. It has little Celtic engravings that glow green when Kaine holds it by the hilt, to match the full body Celtic knot tattoo that glows dark green 24/7.

You don't want to go into Tranquility with nothin but your dukes (Even if ur character is magic, give him a gandolf the gray staff because why not?).

HOWEVER do not, and I mean it, DO NOT GIVE YOUR CHARACTER A REALLY OP KILLER WEAPON OF MASS DESTRUCTION THAT DOES ALL THE 360NOSCOPE420$W@G TRICKS AND KILLS EVERYONE. You can gave basic rifles and handguns, and maybe a shotgun here or there. Don't come in with anything excessive, its not cool. If I find you with one I'll probably someone know you are being stupid, especially if I know that you know better.

NOW, there aren't just weapons you can have, there are things like candies, foods, toys and pets! Those can be literally anything, but it must follow the rules of the weapons, nothing that can cause destruction to all of Tranquility and half of Areventia.

That's all I got, if someone wants to add something, go ahead XD

.... too late....wayyy too late...
Image Don't touch me family scrub
ImageBOOM GT OUT DA WAY

Return to “Role-playing”