RP is dying.... what do we do?

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
Excalibur
King of the Texans!

RP is dying.... what do we do?

Postby Excalibur » 18 May 2016, 02:25

Hey guys,

The RP room is no longer as active as it used to be.... I would like to see it active again. What can we do to maybe bring back old RPers or generate interest for new ones? Share your thoughts with MEEEEE!!!

-Ex
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Re: RP is dying.... what do we do?

Postby Zia- » 18 May 2016, 02:56

maybe the fact that most of the old rpers are either busy with their life and inactive?
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 18 May 2016, 03:32

Zia- wrote:maybe the fact that most of the old rpers are either busy with their life and inactive?

Way to state the obvious, Sherlock!! -clap-
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 18 May 2016, 13:11

many rpers have sworn to become more active during the summer, I think a decision should be made in the summer.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Demitri
FWG King
Location: Sitting in my cozy lil cabin...teaching swordsmanship and combusting nubs..

Postby Demitri » 20 May 2016, 18:19

I try I really do. But when someone goes brb they kinda don't come back. I've done the same.
Image Don't touch me family scrub
ImageBOOM GT OUT DA WAY

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 21 May 2016, 01:30

The biggest issue in my opinion is how intimidating it is for new roleplayers. While they may be bad, keep in mind that they are new...whenever they show up, more experienced roleplayers show up and often completely shuts them down. I've seen cases where veterans just kill the new people. Some new rpers just have a lack of character as well.

Perhaps we just need to appear more friendly, and possibly people looking into RP for new people. If we can catch them, we can help them out. Tell them to read the rules, give them ideas for their character, that sort of thing.
Out of Action.

alone555
FWG Commoner

Postby alone555 » 26 Jun 2016, 06:48

if i wanna rp n chat in room one it is really wasting my time...and sometimes the net is so slow until the computer lagged...(used to rp in room one)
Look down at others :evil: =lack of moral cultivation :(

someguy
FWG Prince

Postby someguy » 21 Mar 2017, 15:01

Lol
No there's no way to bring back the oldies until oldies contact other oldies but that would be weird. Focus on the new guys. Have an rp week and name yourselves after great old rpers.(This is a joke.)

You should probably have the rp room and room 1 alternate as the default rooms for awhile. Make the rp room red again cause identity and then loosen up on the rp rules (I only mean that one rule that says you have to rp religiously in the rp room.)

Here's my proposal. Allow rp in both rooms but when people start moving from casual rp to full on *reply* *reply*t2 s10 tell them to go to the rp room from room1 unless all members that are chatting are in a single rp session (Example would be 2 people rping in a dead chat.). This should work because rpers aren’t bothering anyone when they rp in a dead room at t2 s3or7.This also works in a full room too because rpers would be the ones bothered in room1 so they'd have to go to rp room (Example: Damn this chat is too fast. Rper2 let's bounce to the other room).

If only you could have bots that would pretend to rp with each other to show how to rp.
This guy is the embodiment of cringe.
[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-v9PdfKlA2WE/TfYGXjiZJ5I/AAAAAAAABmA/gJslrGtGfPw/h120/dancing+pig.gif[/img]
Sg's Piggy

Return to “Role-playing”