RP room closed for now in the chatbox, butttt

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

RP room closed for now in the chatbox, butttt

Postby Dr Frook » 21 May 2016, 22:25

u can still RP in the forum, as was done in the past... and should happen in the future...

the chatbox rp may be open again at some point in the future... but I need to see serious RP here first... or will not bother.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Rainshard
FWG God

Re: RP room closed for now in the chatbox, butttt

Postby Rainshard » 16 Jun 2016, 18:24

It is locked again. Is this permanent?
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 16 Jun 2016, 20:21

Rainshard wrote:It is locked again. Is this permanent?

No, however it was replaced with an extension.

I think that everyone who paid fr00k$ to get the room put back should be repaid all of their fr00k$ in full, seeing as it has been changed to an extension, which I can see why it is a good way to save money, but what is not a good option is to take 2500 Fr00k$ right out of the community economy and replace rp with an extension.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 16 Jun 2016, 20:29

The Divine Potato wrote:
Rainshard wrote:It is locked again. Is this permanent?

No, however it was replaced with an extension.

I think that everyone who paid fr00k$ to get the room put back should be repaid all of their fr00k$ in full, seeing as it has been changed to an extension, which I can see why it is a good way to save money, but what is not a good option is to take 2500 Fr00k$ right out of the community economy and replace rp with an extension.

I completely agree. Can we have our frooks back because this was not what we paid for.
2015 dad

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 16 Jun 2016, 20:38

We worked way too hard to earn this back for it to be taken away so abruptly. I said from the beginning that if RP were replaced with a mirror, it would kill the subcommunity, and apparently you're completely cool with that and ready to go forward there. There was no inactivity to warrant shutting the room down--it was being used daily. RP isn't something you can easily hop in and out of and it requires two people, so it would not be as busy as other chats, but it was still active daily. We didn't pay for a mirror. Either refund us or give us the room back. RP is heavily reliant on the names, as well, and we've just lost ALL of our claimed names in RP and made it easy for trolls to snatch them up in room 1 and screw us over. I know that until we get our ACTUAL RP room back, I'm done RPing, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this mentality.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 16 Jun 2016, 20:40

Foopzheart wrote:We worked way too hard to earn this back for it to be taken away so abruptly. I said from the beginning that if RP were replaced with a mirror, it would kill the subcommunity, and apparently you're completely cool with that and ready to go forward there. There was no inactivity to warrant shutting the room down--it was being used daily. RP isn't something you can easily hop in and out of and it requires two people, so it would not be as busy as other chats, but it was still active daily. We didn't pay for a mirror. Either refund us or give us the room back. RP is heavily reliant on the names, as well, and we've just lost ALL of our claimed names in RP and made it easy for trolls to snatch them up in room 1 and screw us over. I know that until we get our ACTUAL RP room back, I'm done RPing, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this mentality.

This.
2015 dad

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 16 Jun 2016, 20:41

I agree firmly with Foop, and will not be satisfied with the current state of the room at all.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 16 Jun 2016, 20:43

Foopzheart wrote:We worked way too hard to earn this back for it to be taken away so abruptly. I said from the beginning that if RP were replaced with a mirror, it would kill the subcommunity, and apparently you're completely cool with that and ready to go forward there. There was no inactivity to warrant shutting the room down--it was being used daily. RP isn't something you can easily hop in and out of and it requires two people, so it would not be as busy as other chats, but it was still active daily. We didn't pay for a mirror. Either refund us or give us the room back. RP is heavily reliant on the names, as well, and we've just lost ALL of our claimed names in RP and made it easy for trolls to snatch them up in room 1 and screw us over. I know that until we get our ACTUAL RP room back, I'm done RPing, and I have a feeling I'm not the only one with this mentality.

I feel like my time has been wasted. I dedicated to bring something back that not only I like, but the community likes. You can't expect us to be on it 24/7, but whenever I checked (which is about once a day) there was an RP going on. This isn't about my frooks; those things are mostly meaningless. What matters to me is that my time was absolutely wasted. This feels much like a set-up to take away RP permanently and perhaps the main chatbox at some point. What I would like most at this point is an explanation for this action. Whether or not I receive the truth, no matter--it will be clear. In the meantime, I suppose I shall not RP as well.
Out of Action.

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 17 Jun 2016, 03:31

Sorry guys, Frook had to make the switch from the old rp room to this one for a couple of reasons. I'll try my best to highlight those reasons below.

Monetary Cost vs Usage

Frook has informed me that due to the inactivity of the RP room, he no longer wishes to continue running it as an independent chatroom, as it no longer cost effective. The new RP room functions much like the old one, is just as apt for roleplay, and provides additional benefits that are explained below.

Furthermore, big changes are being made in how FWG operates from the back end. This and other administrative changes will redistribute funds towards site dynamics such as design, functionality, and usability!

Security

The new RP room is under the same administration as room 1, thus making bans, filters, and styles universal across both rooms. This new implementation makes it easier for moderators to moderate which increases overall security for our users.

Future Sitewide Integration

In the coming months, FWG plans to integrate the Chat, Forum, and Disqus systems to create a sitewide login to increase the site's ease of use. Doing this will require all of our chats to be bundled under one administration, this is why we cannot have two concurrently running boxes in the long run, even if there was no monetary issue. Moving forward, this will also enable us to create standardized bots and new chat mechanics to push towards both rooms.

The Good News

You can still type your heart out in the new RP room, the room does not hinder fast-paced role play in any way... in other words, It is just as fast and responsive as the old RP room.

Moving Forward
I hope that you all can put aside your anger, accept these changes, and by doing so help fwg in it's current metamorphosis. Think of this as a new page in RP History, you can start fresh. Reregister your RP Characters and begin anew!

/* I understand that those of you who helped bring RP back might be upset, and I'm going to refund all of you who donated to the 'free RP fund'. */
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Return to “Role-playing”