Map of Tranquility

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
Rainshard
FWG God

Map of Tranquility

Postby Rainshard » 30 May 2016, 18:25

Settlements

Zen City: The capital of Tranquility. Home to the main government of Tranquility

Frooktania: A major kingdom run from the Frooktican.

Northwind: The cold capital of the north. Its inhabitants are incredibly traditional and swear their allegiance to the old gods. Statues to Prophet, Fuipui, Ghost and Paladin can be viewed throughout the city and numerous temples dedicated to each god can be visited.

Galmor: A cold northern village named after its first settler with similar traditional values to Northwind. Travellers are known to enter the town never to emerge, supposedly sacrificed by villagers devoted to Prophet.

Virgon: A fairly peaceful and ordinary farm town named after the mountain which rises towards the north. Many hunters reside there due to the large amount of game in the forest the town borders.

Fisherman's Point: The biggest fishing village in all of Tranquility. The famous size of fish pulled from the western waters is rumoured to be caused by the mysterious ITPT island to the north and the radioactivity of Speck Island to the south.

Trawley: Trawley is an obscure military town in the Crimson Desert. The town trains men from their youth to fight, trading high quality soldiers for the basic goods needed to survive in the wastes of the Crimson Desert.

Ashvale: A town to the south of Frooktania, separated by a dense forest. Ships from the southern island and paradise beach often dock in Ashvale to access the rest of Tranquility.

Sorana: Sorana is a standard farming town with little to no interesting features. However, the people are friendly and the ale is delicious making it a favourite for travellers.

Cleghorn: The main port of the southern island. Many traders reside here to sell goods and services.

Eilyid: A mystic village on the southern island, home to the College of the Elements. The population of the town is made up entirely of those with elemental powers.

High Port and Canal Port: Canal Port was created alongside the creation of the canal from the Southern Sea into the Great Lake. It is the trade capital of Tranquility, if the major cities are not included. High port is based at the north of the lake and was created to improve passage of goods from the south of the lake to the north.

Paradise Beach: The largest holiday town on the Paradise Island. A tourist hotspot safe from the dangers of the jungle.

Settlements of Frooktania: See Foopzhearts post.

Key geographical features

Crimson Mountains and Deserts: Areas once ruled by the brutal Crimson Empire. Years of intense over-farming to feed its growing army led to the land becoming infertile and useless. Widely uninhabited and filled with ruins of the former Crimson Empire.

The Great Lake: A large mass of water in the centre of Tranquility. A canal was built at the south of the lake to give passage to the southern ocean. Ships regularly travel in the lake to and from the Canal Port and the High Port

Reunion Island: By far one of the most deadliest islands on the southside of Tranquility's seas. It's home to creatures from a dimension known as the "Old World". Such animals include Silver Lancehead Snakes, Spitting Water Monitor, and most deadliest of all, the Pitch Black Spider. The island was deemed "unable to be inhabited" due to the constant threat of many types of sharks and Silver Lancehead poisonings.

Speck Island: Located on the eastern seas, this island is considered unsafe due to the amount of nuclear waste detected. It is unknown where this waste came from, but multiple silos can be found on the island. The island gets the name from being the smallest island in the entire dimension.

Purgatory Peak: Needless to say, one of the highest points in all of Tranquility. No life has ever been detected there. Anything that manages to reach the top of Virgo Mountain (where the peak is located) is said to never come down. A party of explorers reached Purgatory Peak 5 years after it was charted. Of the 8 members to reach the top, none of them came back.

Solar Plains: Located on the southern side of Tranquility, these plains are oddly quiet. Dead silent. Legends say that an ancient tribe tried to settle, but people reported seeing the tribe "get swallowed by the ground". When you hear gurgling from somewhere, run far away.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Demitri
FWG King
Location: Sitting in my cozy lil cabin...teaching swordsmanship and combusting nubs..

Re: Map of Tranquility (2nd try)

Postby Demitri » 01 Jun 2016, 03:19

Well I can't pull up the map and add to it but in the small area that goes into the water near the bottom of the map off the coast is where demitri lives on a hill overlooking the Macharin Village
Image Don't touch me family scrub
ImageBOOM GT OUT DA WAY

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 13 Jun 2016, 20:56

Demitri wrote:Well I can't pull up the map and add to it but in the small area that goes into the water near the bottom of the map off the coast is where demitri lives on a hill overlooking the Macharin Village

Will be adding this weekend with a few key locations and biomes. Please add your locations people, community input is really key for this to work.
2015 dad

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 20 Jun 2016, 11:57

Update:

Found a map tool which I will start experimenting with. I'll post what I create and then people can say whether they like it or not.
2015 dad

Rainshard
FWG God

Re: Map of Tranquility

Postby Rainshard » 20 Jun 2016, 13:27

MAP HAS BEEN UPDATED. SOMEWHAT DIFFERENT TO ORIGINAL PROPOSED MAP. PLEASE POST YOUR LOCATIONS IN THIS TOPIC AND THE MAP WILL BE UPDATED. ALSO, I HAVE LEFT A FEW THINGS BLANK ON THE MAP SUCH AS ISLANDS, MOUNTAIN RANGES, ONE CITY ETC THAT NEED NAMES. PLEASE NAME THEM I HAVE NO ORIGINALITY (be serious though we want this world map to be somewhat believable). PLEASE ADD YOUR LOCATIONS ASAP AND IF YOU SEE ANY ISSUES WITH THE MAP POINT THEM OUT THANKS BYE.
2015 dad

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 20 Jun 2016, 14:29

Yami's cabin is located to the right of the Great Lake, and the Altar to Hell is located to the south of the Great Lake (as indicated by the map I edited below)

"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

Archangel
FWG Earl

Postby Archangel » 20 Jun 2016, 15:07

Mid lives near the edge of Frookvale, big 3 story mansion
I can't say I was fine. I was never fine to begin with.

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 20 Jun 2016, 16:58

Abandoned Research Facility
This facility located in the Eastern arctic region was once a place where scientists performed research on human victims as well as polar bears. Luckily, since officials have deemed it unsafe, nobody bothers to go in.
Maka Haka
A "dead" supervolcano lies in the deep southeast. Nobody cares to go near it, however a tribe does in fact reside close to it.
Whirlwind Isles
These islands scattered in the Northeast have been referred to as a popular vacation spot. Many types of life forms reside on these 3 islands.
Tranquility Atoll
Located south of Speck Island is an Atoll which had been used for experimenting with nuclear explosives by an unknown group of individuals. Since then, creatures had mutated and adapted to the wasteland. It is recommended you steer clear of this place.
Crystal Island
Crystal Island is often said to be a mirage that appears in the far north eastern coast. Legend has it that a portal crossing between Tranquility and the Old World is in the very middle. Those who examined the island noticed some depictions of ancient deities bringing down a massive creature, as well as tales told by drawings.
Don't try, do.

Rainshard
FWG God

Postby Rainshard » 20 Jun 2016, 18:11

Map has been updated.
2015 dad

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 20 Jun 2016, 18:40

Submerged Castle
Far east in the middle of the ocean lies an ancient landmark where an empire once was. In order to find it, you must dive deep. A large mound of treasure rests in the middle of the castle, but beware the Old World's Torrential Devil, a large eel-like creature with needle-like teeth. Its bite can kill 3 adult humans at once.
Sealed Chamber
Between the 2 main islands is an underwater passage leading to a chamber with mysterious hieroglyphs. Legend said that an ancient deity from another dimension once lived there.
Artika
Artika is a city in the northwest known for its mass number of pine trees and unique animals. Tourists often take home souvenirs like potted pines.
Umbra Ruins
Far west of frookvale (not close to the ocean, mind you) is what appears to be a destroyed castle. The hieroglyphs on the inside suggest this was a place for the empowered to train. This is also supported by the number of dummies on the floor.
Electric Megatropolis
This city located close to Virgo mountain runs on Electric Power, and is considered a massive tourist attraction with multiple arcades, diners, and such.
Don't try, do.

Return to “Role-playing”