New RP Room

This is for role-playing crazies out there. Battle one another to see who reigns supreme!
Excalibur
King of the Texans!

New RP Room

Postby Excalibur » 17 Jun 2016, 03:35

Sorry guys, Frook had to make the switch from the old rp room to this one for a couple of reasons. I'll try my best to highlight those reasons below.

Monetary Cost vs Usage

Frook has informed me that due to the inactivity of the RP room, he no longer wishes to continue running it as an independent chatroom, as it no longer cost effective. The new RP room functions much like the old one, is just as apt for roleplay, and provides additional benefits that are explained below.

Furthermore, big changes are being made in how FWG operates from the back end. This and other administrative changes will redistribute funds towards site dynamics such as design, functionality, and usability!

Security

The new RP room is under the same administration as room 1, thus making bans, filters, and styles universal across both rooms. This new implementation makes it easier for moderators to moderate which increases overall security for our users.

Future Sitewide Integration

In the coming months, FWG plans to integrate the Chat, Forum, and Disqus systems to create a sitewide login to increase the site's ease of use. Doing this will require all of our chats to be bundled under one administration, this is why we cannot have two concurrently running boxes in the long run, even if there was no monetary issue. Moving forward, this will also enable us to create standardized bots and new chat mechanics to push towards both rooms.

The Good News

You can still type your heart out in the new RP room, the room does not hinder fast-paced role play in any way... in other words, It is just as fast and responsive as the old RP room.

Moving Forward
I hope that you all can put aside your anger, accept these changes, and by doing so help fwg in it's current metamorphosis. Think of this as a new page in RP History, you can start fresh. Reregister your RP Characters and begin anew!

/* I understand that those of you who helped bring RP back might be upset, and I'm going to refund all of you who donated to the 'free RP fund'. */
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Re: New RP Room

Postby The Divine Potato » 17 Jun 2016, 11:46

On a little side note, the mobile link still links to the old rp room.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Return to “Role-playing”