"Like" Buttons

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Nudu
FWG Squire

"Like" Buttons

Postby Nudu » 08 Oct 2014, 12:31

I would really enjoy it if there are "like" buttons in the posts so we put up a like if like it.. itz just a suggestion. itz up to the admin board to decide..

Rainshard
FWG God

Re: "Like" Buttons

Postby Rainshard » 08 Oct 2014, 19:43

I think it depends on the limitations of the forum layout, design and code?
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 08 Oct 2014, 20:13

"Like" buttons were added for Facebook, and were almost never used. I'm still all for a karma system, though.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 09 Oct 2014, 04:12

its a cool feature, but it could cause backlashes if someone posts their art and not many people "like it" even if it was really good, while someone else posts a lesser artwork and it receives alot more likes.

its possible for it to become more of a popularity contest sort of thing, and it could cause some users to get upset.
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

Nudu
FWG Squire

Postby Nudu » 12 Oct 2014, 11:51

Zia-chan wrote:its a cool feature, but it could cause backlashes if someone posts their art and not many people "like it" even if it was really good, while someone else posts a lesser artwork and it receives alot more likes.

its possible for it to become more of a popularity contest sort of thing, and it could cause some users to get upset.

oopz i didnt consider that...I am agreeing on what u say.. thanx for putting my brain back in my head. NOBODY EVER PUT THOSE LIKE BUTTONS IN HERE. I like the peaceful environment.. :)

Icamenal
FWG God

Postby Icamenal » 25 Mar 2015, 09:13

Well, I know this is an old topic and resolved topic, but I feel as if vertical arrows (v ^), especially down arrows, do just as well as a like button.

The Zodiac Killer
FWG Field Marshal

Postby The Zodiac Killer » 25 Mar 2015, 19:21

OH NO WE ARE TURNING INTO FACEBOOK HAHAH
My name is Alex, and have been a member since '09. Love the site and the forum. Happily Married!

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 26 Mar 2015, 20:32

Zia-chan wrote:its a cool feature, but it could cause backlashes if someone posts their art and not many people "like it" even if it was really good, while someone else posts a lesser artwork and it receives alot more likes.

"Halo, and goodbye!"

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 28 Mar 2015, 03:39

ICAMENAL wrote:Well, I know this is an old topic and resolved topic, but I feel as if vertical arrows (v ^), especially down arrows, do just as well as a like button.

A karma system? I'd like that and it's already a phpbb thing so it'd be easier than a like button.

In fact, the like button was at one point added, but removed because it wasn't used. The simple fact is, Facebook would involve giving out personal info and not a lot of us are uncomfortable doing that (also it's against the rules). The karma system, positive and negative, would be amazing, to be honest, but again might turn into a popularity contest. Not to mention your karma would be ruined in Serious Discussion.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Annakall2013
FWG King

Postby Annakall2013 » 17 Jul 2015, 17:02

I was just about to recommend this but then I saw this thread. But srslly FWG forum needs this!!!!
Like not a fb like button, but fwgs own like button.
or at least a like similie.....
Honey, I have heels higher then your standards <3
#FwgDramaQueen2015

Return to “Suggestions”