New method of Banning

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
wii dude is the best
FWG Baron

New method of Banning

Postby wii dude is the best » 19 Jan 2012, 17:01

I saw this on a dif website where when you get banned a certain amount of times, this bar fills up on how serious or long the banning was, so after the bar fills up you get banned for a month. Tell me your thoughts plz!
Hello reader. Look behind you, i probably just saved you from the thing behind you, if not im sorry i couldn't help

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Re: New method of Banning

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 19 Jan 2012, 17:23

*Jaw drops*Mods are nevah that cruel!!!!
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 19 Jan 2012, 19:58

lukia9999 wrote:*Jaw drops*Mods are nevah that cruel!!!!

Nice idea!!!!!!

Jk,after all,an average of... X% new users,dont bother to show up again after being banned,and the usual ones just dont get banned...

beana 9000
FWG King

Postby beana 9000 » 19 Jan 2012, 20:32

I've seen worse on a forum. It is a system of warnings. One warning,is…well,a warning. Next is an hour ban,third is a day,then week,month,year,and finally,perma-banned. I'd say the one wii has stated is better,but I'd rather not have that kind of system. .__.
I’m officially gone. Who cares? Nobody. This will probably that tiny little memory I remember someday. Thanks for the wonderful time FWGers.

Connor
FWG Chat Mod

Postby Connor » 19 Jan 2012, 22:43

If you're talking about banning on the forum, not many regular users are banned, unless they do something REALLY bad. If you're talking about the chatbox, then a month is a long time, I would make it a day or something.
Om nom nom nom nom nom nom...

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 19 Jan 2012, 23:24

Connor wrote:If you're talking about banning on the forum, not many regular users are banned, unless they do something REALLY bad. If you're talking about the chatbox, then a month is a long time, I would make it a day or something.

I've been close to getting banned on the forum for something i cant talk about...
beana 9000 wrote:

I've seen worse on a forum. It is a system of warnings. One warning,is…well,a warning. Next is an hour ban,third is a day,then week,month,year,and finally,perma-banned. I'd say the one wii has stated is better,but I'd rather not have that kind of system. .__.

I actually like this one :D
I've lost my pieces.

beana 9000
FWG King

Postby beana 9000 » 20 Jan 2012, 02:42

Lamb wrote:
Connor wrote:If you're talking about banning on the forum, not many regular users are banned, unless they do something REALLY bad. If you're talking about the chatbox, then a month is a long time, I would make it a day or something.

I've been close to getting banned on the forum for something i cant talk about...
beana 9000 wrote:

I actually like this one :D
NOOOOOOOO...I’d hate to see that method here. Besides,it is also paired with “Gravedigging”,another stupid way of getting warned. Some topics need to be dug up. Only on that forum. I’d like to keep it that way.
I’m officially gone. Who cares? Nobody. This will probably that tiny little memory I remember someday. Thanks for the wonderful time FWGers.

Emo_Kid
FWG Chat Mod

Postby Emo_Kid » 20 Jan 2012, 13:26

This would be ..Odd.
Very confusing.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 21 Jan 2012, 13:24

beana 9000 wrote:

I have my own chat, and I have something like that. Where, you get a spoken warning, then you get kicked, then a 1 hour ban, 6 hour ban, a day ban, then a week, etc. Once you get past 3 month ban, or if you make the owners angry, you'll get perma-banned.

And I think that it's a great idea to have that little bar.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 21 Jan 2012, 21:28

No one gets banned on the forum often enough for this thing to do any good. If the forums ever become understaffed or overrun with rule-breaking, then this would come in handy.
Image For trying.

Return to “Suggestions”