open the chat to light blue users more frequently

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
someguy
FWG Prince

open the chat to light blue users more frequently

Postby someguy » 28 Apr 2014, 15:23

As much as I hate new people constantly swearing, it's a fact that they are the future of fwg.

I'm also implying that we need mods watching over the chat. At these times

so I suggest that…

1. Mods open the chat box to light blues more often

Because kids these days would like things done cleanly and anonymously. Eventually they'll get used to the rules and go here more often with actuall names

2. open the the chat to light blues in different time zones

for the sake of have the chat be consistently active through out the entire hours 24 of a day

3 (totally unrelated but have another person be able to open the forum and is active. During the time zones of asia )
This guy is the embodiment of cringe.
[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-v9PdfKlA2WE/TfYGXjiZJ5I/AAAAAAAABmA/gJslrGtGfPw/h120/dancing+pig.gif[/img]
Sg's Piggy

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Re: open the chat to light blue users more frequently

Postby Zia- » 29 Apr 2014, 06:03

someguy wrote:As much as I hate new people constantly swearing, it's a fact that they are the future of fwg.

I'm also implying that we need mods watching over the chat. At these times

so I suggest that…

1. Mods open the chat box to light blues more often

Because kids these days would like things done cleanly and anonymously. Eventually they'll get used to the rules and go here more often with actuall names

2. open the the chat to light blues in different time zones

for the sake of have the chat be consistently active through out the entire hours 24 of a day

3 (totally unrelated but have another person be able to open the forum and is active. During the time zones of asia )

as much as we have made the chat available to unregistered users, only a handfull ever seem to be interested in following the rules and not be inappropriate, most of the time its just users looking to spam and make inappropriate names, they dont care about the rules and just want to get as much fun as they can out of being a troll or by being disruptive, to me personally it just doesnt seem worthwhile, and registering for the chat is simple enough, if people really want to chat and be apart of the community, they should be able to figure out how easy it is to register
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

someguy
FWG Prince

dots

Postby someguy » 29 Apr 2014, 11:16

Zia-chan wrote:as much as we have made the chat available to unregistered users, only a handfull ever seem to be interested in following the rules and not be inappropriate, most of the time its just users looking to spam and make inappropriate names, they dont care about the rules and just want to get as much fun as they can out of being a troll or by being disruptive, to me personally it just doesnt seem worthwhile, and registering for the chat is simple enough, if people really want to chat and be apart of the community, they should be able to figure out how easy it is to register

I'll give the summary 1st so you don't need to read the bottom. it doesn't need to be open 24 hours a day. What I'm really saying is we need mods open it more often(this means having the person be able to watch and close it when he leaves)

I‘ll be honest here. I joined the chat as a guest and registered a few days later. It took a while for me to get used to the rules(I'm sure one of the cm's or a few old mods remember banning me for spamming room 2 with numbers1-13 either the auto ban gets me or a mod came to ask me to stop )
[img]https://lh4.googleusercontent.com/-v9PdfKlA2WE/TfYGXjiZJ5I/AAAAAAAABmA/gJslrGtGfPw/h120/dancing+pig.gif[/img]
Sg's Piggy

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 29 Apr 2014, 12:10

someguy wrote:
Zia-chan wrote:as much as we have made the chat available to unregistered users, only a handfull ever seem to be interested in following the rules and not be inappropriate, most of the time its just users looking to spam and make inappropriate names, they dont care about the rules and just want to get as much fun as they can out of being a troll or by being disruptive, to me personally it just doesnt seem worthwhile, and registering for the chat is simple enough, if people really want to chat and be apart of the community, they should be able to figure out how easy it is to register

I'll give the summary 1st so you don't need to read the bottom. it doesn't need to be open 24 hours a day. What I'm really saying is we need mods open it more often(this means having the person be able to watch and close it when he leaves)

I‘ll be honest here. I joined the chat as a guest and registered a few days later. It took a while for me to get used to the rules(I'm sure one of the cm's or a few old mods remember banning me for spamming room 2 with numbers1-13 either the auto ban gets me or a mod came to ask me to stop )

another point i forgot to add, only the CM's can open and close unregistered chat so that light blue users may talk, and with all 4 CM's being in the western hemisphere, unreg chat is only open for a small amount of time throughout the day, unless a CM forgets to close the unreg chat, leaving it open until another CM closes it. in the time that it is open and available, only a handful of people actually are looking at following the rules and nicely chatting, it just isnt really worth while allowing light blue users to chat when pretty much all that will happen is spamming as well as inappropriateness, im sure if more users would follow the rules, unreg chat would be open more often.

there is also the fact that alot of light blue users will unlikely return to the chat after being banned for their failure to read and comprehend the rules, hell, even some registered users never come back even after registering. im sure if there was a way for unreg chat to be open, and for people to be nice and follow the rules, it would be open a lot more, but for the moment, that just seems imaginable.
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

someguy
FWG Prince

Postby someguy » 29 Apr 2014, 13:38

Zia-chan wrote:another point i forgot to add, only the CM's can open and close unregistered chat so that light blue users may talk, and with all 4 CM's being in the western hemisphere, unreg chat is only open for a small amount of time throughout the day, unless a CM forgets to close the unreg chat, leaving it open until another CM closes it. in the time that it is open and available, only a handful of people actually are looking at following the rules and nicely chatting, it just isnt really worth while allowing light blue users to chat when pretty much all that will happen is spamming as well as inappropriateness, im sure if more users would follow the rules, unreg chat would be open more often.

I think I'll have to agree with that zia chan(you're right)
Sg's Piggy

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

An incentive not to be naughty

Postby The Divine Potato » 29 Apr 2014, 20:04

Do you think that it's possible to ban people from using the games on fwg? I mean if you could and the mods warned people that if they were banned they wouldn't be able to play that lovely little game of cookie clicker or something, people would change the tune of their song in a heartbeat, probably, of course it dosen't apply to all trolls though.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Angel
Human Overlord

Re: An incentive not to be naughty

Postby Angel » 29 Apr 2014, 21:06

The Divine Potato wrote:Do you think that it's possible to ban people from using the games on fwg? I mean if you could and the mods warned people that if they were banned they wouldn't be able to play that lovely little game of cookie clicker or something, people would change the tune of their song in a heartbeat, probably, of course it dosen't apply to all trolls though.

Here is what I would say if I were a troll:
"Fine, I'll just go to (insert evil gaming site that isn't FWG here) to play it."
I get what you're trying to say, but unfortunately punishment wouldn't work since there is no way to enforce true punishment by making it so they cant play games on any site. Its not a punishment if you can find ways to get around it and there is no way to be forced to follow through with the punishment.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Return to “Suggestions”