Filters

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Angel
Human Overlord

Filters

Postby Angel » 19 May 2014, 16:38

What if on top of filtering inappropriate words they were also filtered to another color. One that would pretty much become invisible with the background of the chat?
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Mewtwo Power
FWG Mod

Re: Filters

Postby Mewtwo Power » 19 May 2014, 19:40

Well there are two background colours, aren't there? This idea seems good but I don't think it will really work.

For crying out loud! Mewtwo is the best, and always will be the best!

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 19 May 2014, 19:44

Mewtwo Power wrote:Well there are two background colours, aren't there? This idea seems good but I don't think it will really work.

well it would at least make them harder to see which would give the mods a little added time to delete them before anyone can figure out what they say.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Tycoon
FWG Mod

Postby Tycoon » 19 May 2014, 19:52

i think we need to change the filtered bad words because people have twigged what they really say
changing their colour would help a bit, but in some cases it would simply make them more curious...
Image FWG Potential Princess 2016

#FreeWorldFinder 2nd place in Scavenger Hunt
#3 in the Halloween competition
~ it's a perfect day / to float away ~

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 19 May 2014, 20:20

We can just filter words to completely different words that don't even come close to the original word. Some of them that I know that are like that, I'm not sure if they're all filtered like that. If they are, then sorry for this redundant post.

Mewtwo Power
FWG Mod

Postby Mewtwo Power » 19 May 2014, 20:46

AlsAngel wrote:
Mewtwo Power wrote:Well there are two background colours, aren't there? This idea seems good but I don't think it will really work.

well it would at least make them harder to see which would give the mods a little added time to delete them before anyone can figure out what they say.

Making them hard to see will make people complain about how it damages their eyesight. Also, just having the filter would be enough. The filter has done it's job. The colour change will simply increase the amount of trolls as it will be more of a 'fancy filter' to them.

For crying out loud! Mewtwo is the best, and always will be the best!

Tycoon
FWG Mod

Postby Tycoon » 20 May 2014, 15:26

i agree, the colour change is a great idea but the background colours and "fancy filter" sort of oppose it.
i still think the filtered words need updating, quite a lot of people seem to have worked out the words that the filter is trying to hide...
Image FWG Potential Princess 2016

#FreeWorldFinder 2nd place in Scavenger Hunt
#3 in the Halloween competition
~ it's a perfect day / to float away ~

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 20 May 2014, 17:53

Why don't we just go back to filtering all the words to "smurf" or even just asterisks.
That way no one can figure out what it is because they are all the same.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 21 May 2014, 05:42

Adding a filter on top of an existing filter when the new one is a color change could draw attention to it like mewtwo said.

I personally don't see the problem with people knowing what others are saying. I actually sort of like being able to understand what a person says because I can gauge their intentions better.
Image For trying.

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 21 May 2014, 17:22

mmm wrote:Adding a filter on top of an existing filter when the new one is a color change could draw attention to it like mewtwo said.

I personally don't see the problem with people knowing what others are saying. I actually sort of like being able to understand what a person says because I can gauge their intentions better.

But...then whats the point of filtering something if you know what they said anyway?
I thought filters were to keep innocent people innocent *busts up laughing* innocent people online...good one Angel... *facepalm*
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Return to “Suggestions”