Filters

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
mmm
FWG Mod

Re: Filters

Postby mmm » 21 May 2014, 22:42

AlsAngel wrote:
mmm wrote:Adding a filter on top of an existing filter when the new one is a color change could draw attention to it like mewtwo said.

I personally don't see the problem with people knowing what others are saying. I actually sort of like being able to understand what a person says because I can gauge their intentions better.

But...then whats the point of filtering something if you know what they said anyway?
I thought filters were to keep innocent people innocent *busts up laughing* innocent people online...good one Angel... *facepalm*

Kids won't pick up bad language this way. And it may keep things humorous and non confrontational. Being called an ice cream cone rather than a "***" is preferable to me.
Image For trying.

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 21 May 2014, 23:15

mmm wrote:
AlsAngel wrote:
mmm wrote:Adding a filter on top of an existing filter when the new one is a color change could draw attention to it like mewtwo said.

I personally don't see the problem with people knowing what others are saying. I actually sort of like being able to understand what a person says because I can gauge their intentions better.

But...then whats the point of filtering something if you know what they said anyway?
I thought filters were to keep innocent people innocent *busts up laughing* innocent people online...good one Angel... *facepalm*

Kids won't pick up bad language this way. And it may keep things humorous and non confrontational. Being called an ice cream cone rather than a "***" is preferable to me.

I also thinks it's funny and a cool way to filter things. Newer users will have a hard time figuring out what we are filtering. We might update the profanity filters once in a while to mix it up though.

Regarding black filters, it can be done but takes more effort. Also having blank filters will draw attention to it and might even be an incentive for people to use profanity.
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 26 May 2014, 21:38

filter everything to "Squid"

end of story
Image The "Most Likely to Become an Evil Genius" Frookie Winner
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

Percyception
FWG God

Postby Percyception » 27 May 2014, 03:45

A couple trolls were saying something far too close to the f-dash-dash-dash word. They also said a few disturbing words that weren't filtered. I don't know if I should say them here though. O.o
Would it be possible to filter these?
twenty one pilots is so dumb. there isn't even 21 of them

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 27 May 2014, 05:57

Percyception wrote:A couple trolls were saying something far too close to the f-dash-dash-dash word. They also said a few disturbing words that weren't filtered. I don't know if I should say them here though. O.o
Would it be possible to filter these?

just pm the CM account with all the words they used so they get filtered
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 27 May 2014, 09:40

mmm wrote:
AlsAngel wrote:

But don't you have a rule saying you have to be 13 or older to be able to chat? Every 13 year old by now has lost some innocence where they know bad words and a couple sexual innuendo jokes here and there.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 27 May 2014, 10:41

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
mmm wrote:
AlsAngel wrote:

But don't you have a rule saying you have to be 13 or older to be able to chat? Every 13 year old by now has lost some innocence where they know bad words and a couple sexual innuendo jokes here and there.

We don't enforce that rule and can't make sweeping generalizations like that. Plus, rampant profanity just isn't something to be used in polite company.
Image For trying.

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 27 May 2014, 22:08

mmm wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:
mmm wrote:
AlsAngel wrote:

We don't enforce that rule and can't make sweeping generalizations like that. Plus, rampant profanity just isn't something to be used in polite company.

Yeah it is XD
Image The "Most Likely to Become an Evil Genius" Frookie Winner
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

Return to “Suggestions”