"Like" Buttons

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Re: "Like" Buttons

Postby Lightning Orb » 17 Jul 2015, 18:41

Zia wrote:its a cool feature, but it could cause backlashes if someone posts their art and not many people "like it" even if it was really good, while someone else posts a lesser artwork and it receives alot more likes.

its possible for it to become more of a popularity contest sort of thing, and it could cause some users to get upset.

Agreed. This isn't Facebook. A like button is probably not the best idea and none of this will end well

Lets put this topic back to bed and not wake it up again.
Most Likely To Win The Lottery.. But Lose Ticket![/b]
#2016FWGAwards

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 18 Jul 2015, 02:05

Lightning Orb wrote:
Zia wrote:its a cool feature, but it could cause backlashes if someone posts their art and not many people "like it" even if it was really good, while someone else posts a lesser artwork and it receives alot more likes.

its possible for it to become more of a popularity contest sort of thing, and it could cause some users to get upset.

Agreed. This isn't Facebook. A like button is probably not the best idea and none of this will end well

Tell that to Reddit.
I don't quite understand how a like button could end in a bad way?
What problems would it cause?
"Nobody likes my posts, plz remove like buttons"

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 19 Jul 2015, 13:55

TheKingsHills wrote:
Lightning Orb wrote:

Tell that to Reddit.

the problem is the mods want to be super political correct and not offend A SINGLE SOUL AND OH HEAVENS IF SOMEONE GETS THEIR FEELINGS HURT OH NOO WHAT WILL WE DO

like damn you might as well take away the view feature considering somene could complain and say "MY LIFE IS OVER I'M GONNA CRY MY TOPIC ABOUT MY FAVORITE COLOR GOT LITERALLY 0 VIEWS WHY DOES NO ONE LOVE ME WAAAAHH
*wambulance crashes through the fwg servers and arrests mod team for human rights abuse*

like wtf no.

likes r kool (like karl)

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 19 Jul 2015, 20:05

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
TheKingsHills wrote:
Lightning Orb wrote:

Tell that to Reddit.

the problem is the mods want to be super political correct and not offend A SINGLE SOUL AND OH HEAVENS IF SOMEONE GETS THEIR FEELINGS HURT OH NOO WHAT WILL WE DO

like damn you might as well take away the view feature considering somene could complain and say "MY LIFE IS OVER I'M GONNA CRY MY TOPIC ABOUT MY FAVORITE COLOR GOT LITERALLY 0 VIEWS WHY DOES NO ONE LOVE ME WAAAAHH
*wambulance crashes through the fwg servers and arrests mod team for human rights abuse*

like wtf no.

likes r kool (like karl)

I'm certain there's a legitimate reason as to why there is no like button.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 19 Jul 2015, 22:30

It really is so people don't get pissed about having no likes. I'm all for it, though
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Return to “Suggestions”