Teamspeak 3 Server

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
TheKingsHills
FWG King

Teamspeak 3 Server

Postby TheKingsHills » 06 Nov 2014, 04:46

Things like this have been suggested before, but I barely ever hear of any real arguments for this.
Anyway, here are my arguments FOR one.

Some of us like to chat through voice, we all know that some people are going to other programs to chatting through voice coughcoughthetuffetcoughcough. Having an FWG TeamSpeak server would allow for a safe and secure environment that people could go to without trading personal information to begin talking.
If we could get FWG Mods on board we could have 1 sitting on the TeamSpeak moderating what is said to make sure discussions are safe and healthy. These mods could watch people's language, give out warnings, mute. And make sure private information isn't being given out.

Now I've heard counter-arguments like "we can't moderate private chats!" Well, with TeamSpeak 3, permissions can be set up so that private messages can't be sent to each other. Meaning the only way to speak would be through voice. Effectively removing this problem.

This, is of course assuming we'd be allowed to get one, and that we can get the money to host it. (Which I will note that a small teamspeak server can cost like, $2/$3 USD a month?

The Dice Man
FWG Colonel

Re: Teamspeak 3 Server

Postby The Dice Man » 10 Nov 2014, 18:04

Sounds veriii nice idea 8-)

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 11 Nov 2014, 03:18

I don't want to draw people away from the site. If friends want to hang out in a certain way, video chat or otherwise, they can do so of their own accord.
Image For trying.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 11 Nov 2014, 22:55

mmm wrote:I don't want to draw people away from the site. If friends want to hang out in a certain way, video chat or otherwise, they can do so of their own accord.

Coughcoughmorehangoutscoughcough
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Return to “Suggestions”