Theme Week Suggestion

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here

What's your opinion on this?

I like this idea.
No votes
I dislike this idea.
86%
I like parts of it and dislike other parts of it.
14%

Total votes: 7

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Theme Week Suggestion

Postby Boxorino » 10 Nov 2014, 02:20

So, you know how everyone's always sick of people doing themes they don't want??? They're always like 'darn it!!! i wanted this week, not that one!!!'. And then they don't get filtered because they're all pissy and stuff. I have an idea that could be the solution to that!!! Why don't we have TWO topics each theme week?? But, there are going to be some guidelines to this. So far, I've thought of one. If this is a good idea, there can be more added on.

1) The topics MUST BE SIMILAR, meaning CLOSELY RELATED. For example, you can't do space and actors. You could do space and Doctor Who because Doctor Who mostly takes place in space. You can do actors and TV Shows because actors tend to be in TV Shows.

Thoughts on this???
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Re: Theme Week Suggestion

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 10 Nov 2014, 02:21

I don't like it sorry
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 10 Nov 2014, 02:23

lukia9999 wrote:I don't like it sorry

Please explain. I would like a rebuttal as to why you don't like it.

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 10 Nov 2014, 02:32

Avery's thoughts on my idea. (and a few more of mine.)

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 10 Nov 2014, 02:40

My solution would to just create a calender that is public to FWG and lay out theme weeks and obviously we are not going to create 52 brand new theme ideas every year, we can simply recycle ideas.

so instead of doing the same theme at the same time but have people labeled or do two weeks of one theme, we can have one week be youtube and kit can be idk zoella and i can be pewdiepie but what if kit wanted to be pewdiepie??? well a couple weeks later when youtube week recycles we can then have kit be pewdiepie and i can be someone else.

i think this is a better solution. it'll also help theme week be consistent and transparent.

we should also create a committee of dedicated people on FWG to manage theme week where the approve and disapprove of rules and stuff and they can submit templates to the mods so they don't have to be too caught up with it. and we should also have break weeks, because break weeks will increase efficiency of the execution of theme weeks because i've been a little annoyed with inconsistency with theme weeks you know. and to give people specific limits on how long they can be on the committee

to sum it up, its basically these reforms:

1. recycle theme weeks to make everyone happy because they get more chances to be the character they want.
2. establish a committee of dedicated fwg'ers in organizing the theme week instead of the mods themselves.
3. create a public calender managed by the committee to tell the people what themes are when and basically lay out the scheduele.
4. create a topic or possibly topics (depends on how the committee wants to run things) letting people give suggestions and if said suggestions are approved, they will be given a specific week on the calender.
5. let people go in and out of being in charge of the committee and create systems of organized reshuffles of the people who are on and/or lead the committee.

i think this works much better.

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 10 Nov 2014, 02:56

Shadowstar1922 wrote:My solution would to just create a calender that is public to FWG and lay out theme weeks and obviously we are not going to create 52 brand new theme ideas every year, we can simply recycle ideas.

so instead of doing the same theme at the same time but have people labeled or do two weeks of one theme, we can have one week be youtube and kit can be idk zoella and i can be pewdiepie but what if kit wanted to be pewdiepie??? well a couple weeks later when youtube week recycles we can then have kit be pewdiepie and i can be someone else.

i think this is a better solution. it'll also help theme week be consistent and transparent.

we should also create a committee of dedicated people on FWG to manage theme week where the approve and disapprove of rules and stuff and they can submit templates to the mods so they don't have to be too caught up with it. and we should also have break weeks, because break weeks will increase efficiency of the execution of theme weeks because i've been a little annoyed with inconsistency with theme weeks you know. and to give people specific limits on how long they can be on the committee

1. recycle theme weeks to make everyone happy because they get more chances to be the character they want.
2. establish a committee of dedicated fwg'ers in organizing the theme week instead of the mods themselves.
3. create a public calender managed by the committee to tell the people what themes are when and basically lay out the scheduele.
4. create a topic or possibly topics (depends on how the committee wants to run things) letting people give suggestions and if said suggestions are approved, they will be given a specific week on the calender.
5. let people go in and out of being in charge of the committee and create systems of organized reshuffles of the people who are on and/or lead the committee.

I like your idea, but this doesn't give any solutions to the problem of people being disappointed because they didn't get the theme they want. Also, can I be on this committee? Or will it be strictly mods.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 10 Nov 2014, 03:04

Shadowstar1922 wrote:My solution would to just create a calender that is public to FWG and lay out theme weeks and obviously we are not going to create 52 brand new theme ideas every year, we can simply recycle ideas.

The idea of the committee is a good idea, and I'm pretty sure there would be no problem establishing it. If people are dedicated to do it, by all means, go ahead and start it.

Now, there is no need to make two theme weeks happen at all, because all of the theme weeks are submitted by people who take the time to make them up, and if someone has a problem with the name given to them, we simply change it.

(viewtopic.php?f=4&t=20672) <= where suggestions are made.[click the google docs document]

The recycling of theme weeks, I approve o-o.
I actually think we could even redo one that we had done with in the next couple of weeks if everyone is on par for it.

And in response to what boxy said, no being a mod or not will not be a requirement. A mod, or more specifically mmm, will decide only if a theme week passes or not.
I've lost my pieces.

woofwoof
FWG Mod
Location: laying on the floor in my room with the lights off unsure where my life is going

Postby woofwoof » 10 Nov 2014, 04:57

Really think this belongs more in the Suggestions forum than in the General chat forum

I'm reminded that I should be getting over it.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 11 Nov 2014, 10:43

@Boxy. My plan does give a solution to those who don't get the character they want. They can wait until next time the theme week is recycled. If we do establish a committee and a public calender, I would love to see every week be a theme week, and then there be one week break every month or two.

@Lamb. Say its Youtuber week, and I want to be Grace Helbig and so do you, we both can't be Grace Helbig, you know? I wasn't arguing against people changing their names or saying people have to stick to the name they are given. I'm sorry if I came off that way. Also, thank you for the support. :3

For the Committee of Theme Weeks, can I organize it? Or should I ask mmm about it? I've started laying out how its organized.

Return to “Suggestions”