Forum/Subforum Suggestions (General)

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Forum/Subforum Suggestions (General)

Postby Foopzheart » 02 Jun 2015, 05:24

I think an entertainment forum--Possibly split into subforums (Music, TV, Movies, Literature/Writing) Not only could you discuss this sort of stuff, but also contribute your own stuff. It'd be a good way for community members to share their work and a more widespread area to discuss things like music (so metal fans and edm fans don't have to congregate in the same thread, for example) or movies ("horror general", "Tomorrowland discussion thread", for example). It'd just be a cool addition. Also, it'd keep General Chat a bit less cluttered.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

mmm
FWG Mod

Re: Forum/Subforum Suggestions (General)

Postby mmm » 02 Jun 2015, 06:29

People can share their work in the current format. If people want to share their specific tastes, they can simply make a topic about their specific topic (i.e "EDM Music").

Topics as they are now are simply not active or crazy off topic enough to warrant this. Even if we had an issue with people posting metal on EDM topics, that would be handled by asking the individual not to do so. I can see how you want to organize the forum more, but we want to keep things easy to navigate for the average user in addition to allowing not wanting the forum to look dead, as subdividing it too heavily would do.
Image For trying.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 02 Jun 2015, 18:18

mmm wrote:People can share their work in the current format. If people want to share their specific tastes, they can simply make a topic about their specific topic (i.e "EDM Music").

Topics as they are now are simply not active or crazy off topic enough to warrant this. Even if we had an issue with people posting metal on EDM topics, that would be handled by asking the individual not to do so. I can see how you want to organize the forum more, but we want to keep things easy to navigate for the average user in addition to allowing not wanting the forum to look dead, as subdividing it too heavily would do.

Thing is, the threads ARE crazy--General Chat is horrendously cluttered. Subforums would make things much easier to navigate, and new subforums would also increase activity because the novelty of it would spur interest in the topics--Just as well, it's discussing mediums that aren't very close to death (music? tv?).

Sorting out things would be amazing--It'd make for an overall cleaner, smoother experience on the forum and that's kind of what I'm shooting for--I feel like General Chat should be for things that can't be sorted into certain categories (boxy's thread, quotes/pictures thread), while things discussing specific things (shad's music, "favorite movie" threads), should be in their own category--Entertainment. I'm not pitching this as a subforum, I'm pitching it as a completely different forum category WITH subforums for ease of access.
vaguely present

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 02 Jun 2015, 19:19

I am all for organization. an Entertainment sub forum would be amazing.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Jul 2015, 09:44

So the vote seems pretty positive on this.
vaguely present

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Jul 2015, 19:07

So based on the possible answers for this poll, I may have to redo it. But I'm just going to directly ask--Who thinks this is a good idea, and who thinks it is a bad one? No reasons why. Just say what you think and then we can discuss.
vaguely present

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 17 Jul 2015, 19:30

I thought I posted a no post, but it seems to have disappeared. This isn't happening, is the short end of it.
Image For trying.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Jul 2015, 19:33

mmm wrote:I thought I posted a no post, but it seems to have disappeared. This isn't happening, is the short end of it.

But the votes are overwhelmingly positive. That's not something to ignore purely based off your opinion.
vaguely present

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 17 Jul 2015, 19:36

I'm drawing from my expertise and making an executive decision, or "managing" the community as it were d:

You guys are overly concerned about organization to the point that it's an inconvenience at best.
Image For trying.

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 17 Jul 2015, 19:41

mmm wrote:I'm drawing from my expertise and making an executive decision, or "managing" the community as it were d:

You guys are overly concerned about organization to the point that it's an inconvenience at best.

+ 1 and it's 7-4 i think
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Return to “Suggestions”