Forum/Subforum Suggestions (General)

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Re: Forum/Subforum Suggestions (General)

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Jul 2015, 19:59

mmm wrote:I'm drawing from my expertise and making an executive decision, or "managing" the community as it were d:

You guys are overly concerned about organization to the point that it's an inconvenience at best.

It'd make for a less cramped General Chat, cause plenty less "what's your favorite music threads" which we have 50 of, and would overall make the forum seem a little more, well, forum-y. There's barely any organization in the forum--I'm concerned about it because there is none to "inconvenience" me, maybe.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

bob-jr
FWG Mod

Postby bob-jr » 18 Jul 2015, 00:06

Rename anime Subforum?
I'm just bobbing along

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 18 Jul 2015, 00:32

bob-jr wrote:Rename anime Subforum?

That'd require repurposing it, too. Althoiugh Anime could be under Entertainment so it wouldn't be too hard.
vaguely present

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 18 Jul 2015, 23:30

Let me reword this. We don't need an entirely new part of the forum, but we can condense Game Chat and Anime Freaks, along with a few other subjects, into one forum for entertainment in general. Preferably, this would be with subforums, but at this point that might not happen because apparently that would be too "spread out". Either way, the Anime Freaks subforum and Game Chat forum could both be in a more condensed area, making for easier navigation (in my opinion) and, still opinion, a more professional-looking forum.

And I know it isn't too cluttered and we don't have enough people posting or something, but personally I think we might be focusing too much on what we don't have and less on what we can have, if we put in the effort. Anyway, I'm making a more coherent poll.
vaguely present

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 18 Jul 2015, 23:42

reworking the forum organisation might make things more confusing...

though we can combine sections that are deadish...
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 18 Jul 2015, 23:54

FWG Leader wrote:reworking the forum organisation might make things more confusing...

though we can combine sections that are deadish...

That's what I meant--But if anime/games are in one, you can make it for overall entertainment and remove a lot of redundant threads in general chat
vaguely present

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 22 Jul 2015, 15:01

Foopzheart wrote:
Sorting out things would be amazing--It'd make for an overall cleaner, smoother experience on the forum and that's kind of what I'm shooting for--I feel like General Chat should be for things that can't be sorted into certain categories (boxy's thread, quotes/pictures thread), while things discussing specific things (shad's music, "favorite movie" threads), should be in their own category--Entertainment. I'm not pitching this as a subforum, I'm pitching it as a completely different forum category WITH subforums for ease of access.

So. Uhm. Why not delete pointless threads for a "cleaner smoother experience " rather than make 15 sub forums per forum and.clutter up the forum more. That makes perfect sense to me :roll:

Before you know it, everyone on fwg will have their own subforums.
Most Likely To Win The Lottery.. But Lose Ticket![/b]
#2016FWGAwards

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 23 Jul 2015, 11:59

Lightning Orb wrote:
Foopzheart wrote:
Sorting out things would be amazing--It'd make for an overall cleaner, smoother experience on the forum and that's kind of what I'm shooting for--I feel like General Chat should be for things that can't be sorted into certain categories (boxy's thread, quotes/pictures thread), while things discussing specific things (shad's music, "favorite movie" threads), should be in their own category--Entertainment. I'm not pitching this as a subforum, I'm pitching it as a completely different forum category WITH subforums for ease of access.

So. Uhm. Why not delete pointless threads for a "cleaner smoother experience " rather than make 15 sub forums per forum and.clutter up the forum more. That makes perfect sense to me :roll:

Before you know it, everyone on fwg will have their own subforums.

why are you acting like fwg has so many sub forums.

and they're not people's "own subforum" the only thing people own on this website is their personal threads. what is your problem??

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 23 Jul 2015, 14:33

Evidently you are.

I'm just angry because my topic about deleting old pointless threads for a smoother and cleaner chat was denied and locked, but someone else's suggestion to make subforums for entertainment threads which is basically what General chat consists of sounds like it might actually happen and its stupid.

I guess it's okay as long as it's someone else.

Just creates more work.
Most Likely To Win The Lottery.. But Lose Ticket![/b]
#2016FWGAwards

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 23 Jul 2015, 14:35

Lightning Orb wrote:Evidently you are.

I'm just angry because my topic about deleting old pointless threads for a smoother and cleaner chat was denied and locked, but someone else's suggestion to make subforums for entertainment threads which is basically what General chat consists of sounds like it might actually happen and its stupid.

I guess it's okay as long as it's someone else.

Just creates more work.

how is deleting old topics on the forum gonna make the chat go smoother?

just because your topic got locked doesn't mean everyone else's suggestion should get locked lol

Return to “Suggestions”