FWG Clean Sweep

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

FWG Clean Sweep

Postby Lightning Orb » 09 Jul 2015, 17:54

I know for a fact this is already probably a topic.
I may have even posted on it.
And it actually defeats the purpose of this topic.
But this one can easily be deleted too..
Anyway!

Isn't there a way for mods or community managers to delete old forum topics? Or topics with little to no responses?
I think it's getting to the point where all I see is people making threads and topics that they name after themselves and use only to post random pictures to increase forum post count.
Believe me, I've been there. We all want a customized rank and a million forum post count. But the amount of unnecessary topics is ridiculous

There's also the matter of topics and threads that have been dead for years with no hope of resurrection and they are just taking up space on the forum.

Its really hard to search through 9999 forum topics just looking for a specific one.

At this point I don't care if it eliminates forum post count. Although some people may have a problem with that.

Its crazy. You cant tell me topics that haven't been active for the last year can't be deleted.

CLEAN THE FORUMS!!

Any questions: Pm or Post a reply
Most Likely To Win The Lottery.. But Lose Ticket![/b]
#2016FWGAwards

Rainshard
FWG God

Re: FWG Clean Sweep

Postby Rainshard » 10 Jul 2015, 12:46

Old topics are like an archive, they're history. I'd like them to stay.

As for topics like mine, Rainshard's thread, I see no issue with it and similar topics as I see them as bulletin boards. I post a few times a week, generally giving updates on my life and posting things I think other would enjoy. To a sense, it saves me from posting MORE unnecessary topics because instead of posting a short "I'm leaving for a few weeks" topic I can just make a little post on my topic announcing this. However when people post 13 things in one night I can understand where you're coming from.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 10 Jul 2015, 17:57

Its not just about everyone having their own random thread.
Thats what blogs are for.
I'm just getting at the fact that there are so many topics that were flops and are still sitting on the forum collecting dust bunnies and making me choke
Nobody even wants to scroll through trying to find a specific old.t.topic
They would rather post a new one.
So that makes 2 threads of the exact same topic, both of which will be dead soon enough
So why not clean all the forums of unnecessary threads that only got one post or aren't relevant to anything anymore, haven't been active in the last year or are repeats.

There is a search bar, just letting everyone know.
Type in key words to make sure the thread you are about to post doesn't already exist. :D
#2016FWGAwards

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 11 Jul 2015, 11:20

No way. Perhaps you could move old, dead threads from all forums into an Archive subforum (like some forums do)--Simply for preservation. That's my only objection to this, it'd be deleting not only old threads but the memories and the history that go with them.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 11 Jul 2015, 15:15

HMM okay. Care to explain what's so historical about these?
just a (FEW) flops that probably still couldn't make it if they tried. Yet continue to sit around taking up space.
Deleting old ones that actually meant something or had a lot of peoples input wasn't exactly what I had in mind. But ones like this should be deleted. I'm sure it's not that hard.

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21865

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21945

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21936

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=19493

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21926

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21902

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21909

viewtopic.php?f=4&t=21882
#2016FWGAwards

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 11 Jul 2015, 16:30

Seeing as these old topics don't actually cause any sort of harm, there is no need to do this. We can't "run out of space" either, and individually trolling through the forum to find "dead" topics to move to an archive is hella time-consuming.
Image For trying.

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 12 Jul 2015, 00:18

Lightning Orb wrote:HMM okay. Care to explain what's so historical about these?
just a (FEW) flops that probably still couldn't make it if they tried. Yet continue to sit around taking up space.
Deleting old ones that actually meant something or had a lot of peoples input wasn't exactly what I had in mind. But ones like this should be deleted. I'm sure it's not that hard.

Well, yeah, these ARE important. They're showing moments in time when people were excited, or annoyed, or had a song stuck in their head. Everything is history.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 12 Jul 2015, 02:53

This is ridiculous.

Whatever. :roll:

Just trying to make FWG forums a little easier and cleaner.
#2016FWGAwards

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 15 Jul 2015, 17:16

Foopzheart wrote:
Lightning Orb wrote:HMM okay. Care to explain what's so historical about these?

Well, yeah, these ARE important. They're showing moments in time when people were excited, or annoyed, or had a song stuck in their head. Everything is history.

To be fair Happy Completely Ordinary Saturday was a huge flop.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

J the J

Postby J the J » 16 Jul 2015, 22:36

Foopzheart wrote:No way. Perhaps you could move old, dead threads from all forums into an Archive subforum (like some forums do)--Simply for preservation. That's my only objection to this, it'd be deleting not only old threads but the memories and the history that go with them.

I think moving the dead threads to an archive subforum is a good idea :) They will still be accessible, but will have a space of their own which will help the 'overcrowding' that orby is speaking about.

Return to “Suggestions”