No
50%

Total votes: 10

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Remove Spanish Subforum

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 22 Jul 2015, 02:59

TheKingsHills wrote:
Boxorino wrote:personally i like the idea of a spanish subforum because not allowing people to speak their native language is very inconsiderate of us.

we want more people to come??? let them speak their language!

imagine being in their shoes: everyone around you is speaking a language you don't understand very well. when you try to speak your own language, everyone just silences you.
is that what you want? no! you want to be welcomed. you want to feel like you belong! this is why the spanish subforum is so great because a lot of people speak spanish. we can't just shun them because they wanna hang out. they should be allowed to chill.

just be nice about this. don't be pissy just because you can't speak spanish.

xoxo
~box

Ever been to a place where everyone but you speaks a certain language but they still allow you to be there?
I actually went to school like this once.
My mother put me through private school in the Philippines one summer. It wasn't a primarily English speaking place either.
So their English was rather broken and I couldn't speak or understand their language.

It felt lonely.
Extremely lonely.
I was allowed to be there, they accepted me there as a foreigner. But I was still alone.
I spent a lot of time that I was their alone in silence. Because I couldn't understand what they were saying.
Only a few of them made the effort to speak to me.
Essentially I was just there. I wasn't part of their group of friends or their "community" I was just there.
The foreign people that come in will be in that exact same spot.

okay but the difference is that there are people like me and lamb and apparently mmm who speak spanish and won't make them feel alone.

why are you acting like no one on this forum speaks spanish

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 22 Jul 2015, 02:59

You guys realize that English is the only language permitted because only one mod speaks a second language fluently? One mod isn't going to run a subforum. One mod isn't going to moderate a foreign language chat (which is why it was removed). This is a pointless subforum. It's an English-speaking site. Either way, it's being given a try so we might as well live with it when it crashes and burns.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 22 Jul 2015, 03:05

Foopzheart wrote:You guys realize that English is the only language permitted because only one mod speaks a second language fluently? One mod isn't going to run a subforum. One mod isn't going to moderate a foreign language chat (which is why it was removed). This is a pointless subforum. It's an English-speaking site. Either way, it's being given a try so we might as well live with it when it crashes and burns.

but english isn't the only language permitted so

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 22 Jul 2015, 03:15

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
TheKingsHills wrote:
Boxorino wrote:personally i like the idea of a spanish subforum because not allowing people to speak their native language is very inconsiderate of us.

imagine being in their shoes: everyone around you is speaking a language you don't understand very well. when you try to speak your own language, everyone just silences you.
is that what you want? no! you want to be welcomed. you want to feel like you belong! this is why the spanish subforum is so great because a lot of people speak spanish. we can't just shun them because they wanna hang out. they should be allowed to chill.

xoxo
~box

Ever been to a place where everyone but you speaks a certain language but they still allow you to be there?
My mother put me through private school in the Philippines one summer. It wasn't a primarily English speaking place either.
So their English was rather broken and I couldn't speak or understand their language.

It felt lonely.
Extremely lonely.
I was allowed to be there, they accepted me there as a foreigner. But I was still alone.
I spent a lot of time that I was their alone in silence. Because I couldn't understand what they were saying.
Essentially I was just there. I wasn't part of their group of friends or their "community" I was just there.

okay but the difference is that there are people like me and lamb and apparently mmm who speak spanish and won't make them feel alone.

And apparently no one in the Philippines speaks English?
They do. Most people prefer speaking in their own languages though.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 22 Jul 2015, 03:32

TheKingsHills wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:
TheKingsHills wrote:

xoxo
~box

It felt lonely.
Extremely lonely.

And apparently no one in the Philippines speaks English?
They do. Most people prefer speaking in their own languages though.

and your point is?

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 22 Jul 2015, 04:04

Ok. Thing is, it's staying. If it doesn't work, it's going, if it does, it's staying. At this point nothing is changing that--Locked.
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Return to “Suggestions”