Postby Foopzheart » 22 Jul 2015, 01:05

it's an english-speaking site, speaking spanish is against the rules,
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Remove Spanish Subforum

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 22 Jul 2015, 01:18

Why are you saying no to the possibility of new members from a demographic that would never come on here?

since when was this an english only forum?

Where in the rules has it stated you may only speak English in this forum?

If we're gonna say no to an entire language, why not say no to its culture here? What is wrong with speaking Spanish? What are you, racist?

If we're not gonna accept a foreign language, a language that is the 3rd most spoken language in the entire world, and 2nd in the Western World, lets just deny its culture.

lets say no to anything non english, including Anime!

bye anime

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 22 Jul 2015, 01:21

Shadowstar1922 wrote:Why are you saying no to the possibility of new members from a demographic that would never come on here?

If we're gonna say no to an entire language, why not say no to its culture here? What is wrong with speaking Spanish? What are you, racist?

If we're not gonna accept a foreign language, a language that is the 3rd most spoken language in the entire world, and 2nd in the Western World, lets just deny its culture.

bye anime

anime is a form of entertainment. you are asking for a subforum that blatantly disregards the english only rule enforced on chat and in forum
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 22 Jul 2015, 01:24

Shadowstar1922 wrote:Why are you saying no to the possibility of new members from a demographic that would never come on here?

bye anime

What's wrong with Spanish is that how many of our mods can fluently speak Spanish? slang and all?
Afaik none.
What's the point of adding support for the Spanish community? Have you shown that a large portion of our users are in fact Spanish? If not, why for the possibility of Spanish?
We currently don't show any positive factors to attract Spanish members. The entire website is in English. Everybody in chat speaks English. Why would a Spanish speaking person be attracted to here?

Who will moderate the Spanish speaking persons in Chat and in the forums?
Nobody.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 22 Jul 2015, 01:49

TheKingsHills wrote:

bye anime

What's wrong with Spanish is that how many of our mods can fluently speak Spanish?
slang and all?
Afaik none.
lol Lamb speaks Spanish. And bbesides that, if someone posted something inappropriate or whatever on the Spanish subforums I can easily report it. I do that regularly with MMM.
What's the point of adding support for the Spanish community?
To gain more members and to educate people about different cultures.

Have you shown that a large portion of our users are in fact Spanish?
no and I don't need to. The point of the Spanish forum is to bring Spanish speakers to this website, not compensate for the Spanish speaking minority

If not, why for the possibility of Spanish?
because learning about different languages and cultures is enlightening and fun and causes literally no harm.

We currently don't show any positive factors to attract Spanish members.
which is why I want to create a Spanish speaking sub forum so we can add positive factors to attract Spanish speaking members.
The entire website is in English. Everybody in chat speaks English.
Everyone on this website speaks English because that's the only language allowed. Wanna know why everyone in Ireland speaks English? Because when Ireland was conquered, it was illegal to speak Irish and people got killed. Boasting that everyone on this chatbox and forum speaks English as a reason to conserve one language just because speaking all other languages are illegal, means absolutely nothing.
Why would a Spanish speaking person be attracted to here?
Why would an English person be attracted here?

Who will moderate the Spanish speaking persons in Chat and in the forums?

Nobody.
Lamb can and if he doesn't want to, I can. I am prepared to take on whatever responsibility I need to take to make this happen, so don't tak on others behalf when it comes to "nobody can do this blah blah blah"

You honestly think I'm going to promote an idea I that I am not willing to uphold and defend?

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 22 Jul 2015, 01:52

Speaking other languages has always been allowed.

blargh.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 22 Jul 2015, 01:57

FWG Leader wrote:Speaking other languages has always been allowed.

blargh.

Say it louder for the people in the back

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 22 Jul 2015, 02:19

I say just give it a go - if it works out it does, otherwise it just gets merged with general chat.

seeeeee howwww it goesssss
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 22 Jul 2015, 02:30

personally i like the idea of a spanish subforum because not allowing people to speak their native language is very inconsiderate of us.

we want more people to come??? let them speak their language!

imagine being in their shoes: everyone around you is speaking a language you don't understand very well. when you try to speak your own language, everyone just silences you.
is that what you want? no! you want to be welcomed. you want to feel like you belong! this is why the spanish subforum is so great because a lot of people speak spanish. we can't just shun them because they wanna hang out. they should be allowed to chill.

just be nice about this. don't be pissy just because you can't speak spanish.

xoxo
~box
that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 22 Jul 2015, 02:56

Boxorino wrote:personally i like the idea of a spanish subforum because not allowing people to speak their native language is very inconsiderate of us.

we want more people to come??? let them speak their language!

imagine being in their shoes: everyone around you is speaking a language you don't understand very well. when you try to speak your own language, everyone just silences you.
is that what you want? no! you want to be welcomed. you want to feel like you belong! this is why the spanish subforum is so great because a lot of people speak spanish. we can't just shun them because they wanna hang out. they should be allowed to chill.

just be nice about this. don't be pissy just because you can't speak spanish.

xoxo
~box

Ever been to a place where everyone but you speaks a certain language but they still allow you to be there?
I actually went to school like this once.
My mother put me through private school in the Philippines one summer. It wasn't a primarily English speaking place either.
So their English was rather broken and I couldn't speak or understand their language.

It felt lonely.
Extremely lonely.
I was allowed to be there, they accepted me there as a foreigner. But I was still alone.
I spent a lot of time that I was their alone in silence. Because I couldn't understand what they were saying.
Only a few of them made the effort to speak to me.
Essentially I was just there. I wasn't part of their group of friends or their "community" I was just there.
The foreign people that come in will be in that exact same spot.

Return to “Suggestions”