Chat box closing

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: Chat box closing

Postby Dr Frook » 21 May 2016, 04:55

If I can get enough community support then I may have a change of mind...

but I need to be sure I will not be revisited by the same situation of trolling by people who want to vent in the chat and make the community look bad.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 21 May 2016, 05:03

I'm sorry to hear about this...
I mean, seriously people... Have some respect for Frook. This is HIS site, and he's been nice enough to let us all spend our free time here. I don't know what happened, but it must have been something huge and something serious... It's pretty sad that the people who caused this felt the need to cause so much unnecessary trouble for the site.
You guys need to think about what you've done and the damage you've caused and stop being self centered little brats. The world doesn't revolve around you... Think about everyone else.
The problem with the world today is that people are self centered and think the world owes them something.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

BluesDotEXE
FWG King

Postby BluesDotEXE » 21 May 2016, 05:04

I hope I do not need my resignation letter. *sigh*
Don't try, do.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 21 May 2016, 05:04

Angel wrote:I'm sorry to hear about this...
I mean, seriously people... Have some respect for Frook. This is HIS site, and he's been nice enough to let us all spend our free time here. I don't know what happened, but it must have been something huge and something serious... It's pretty sad that the people who caused this felt the need to cause so much unnecessary trouble for the site.
You guys need to think about what you've done and the damage you've caused and stop being self centered little brats. The world doesn't revolve around you... Think about everyone else.
The problem with the world today is that people are self centered and think the world owes them something.

thanks angel. It's been a struggle recently. I may open up one room again... still thinking about it...

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 21 May 2016, 05:08

Looks like the bad apple spoiled the bunch. I mean, it really is a shame. I have contributed to drama, I will not deny that...but to this extent? Come on, people. Either respect this place, or leave. Simple as that.
Out of Action.

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 21 May 2016, 05:11

Dr Frook wrote:

thanks angel. It's been a struggle recently. I may open up one room again... still thinking about it...

I hope you do.
There are plenty of people who are devoted to you and your site Frook... It's just a shame that there are also so many people who are just complete fools who want nothing more than to ruin the good that others have.
Next go around, we should probably have a bit stricter rules in Room 1, and more "lax" rules in "F room" or whatever it was...
I hope things can sort themselves out and the guilty party apologizes and grows up.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Archangel
FWG Earl

Postby Archangel » 21 May 2016, 05:16

Angel wrote:
Dr Frook wrote:

I hope you do.
There are plenty of people who are devoted to you and your site Frook... It's just a shame that there are also so many people who are just complete fools who want nothing more than to ruin the good that others have.
Next go around, we should probably have a bit stricter rules in Room 1, and more "lax" rules in "F room" or whatever it was...
I hope things can sort themselves out and the guilty party apologizes and grows up.

Seriously. I don't know how much effort Frook made to build this site up, but I'm pretty happy he did or I wouldn't have met the best people here. People should respect Frook more and be nice that he gave us this site to spend our free time on, like Angel said.
I can't say I was fine. I was never fine to begin with.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 21 May 2016, 05:17

opened one room... lets see how that goes.

Flobalob
FWG Mod

Postby Flobalob » 21 May 2016, 16:03

Lightning Orb wrote:Its all this relaxed chat crap that's done it. Everyone thinks it's basically okay to do everything they want. Especially considering if you're a mobile user such as myself, there isn't even a rules page visible in the chat box.

Like hello. We need rules. Relaxed chat just doesn't work. Lol. Just saying.

Angel wrote:Next go around, we should probably have a bit stricter rules in Room 1, and more "lax" rules in "F room" or whatever it was...

Practically every level of strictness possible has been tried at some time or another on FWG. From Hito's much stricter rules to the recent, extremely lax rules, none have all out prevented the drama or the trolls and it's unlikely that they ever would.

Drama and the chat kind of go hand in hand.. Running a community, it's going to happen. Frook just doesn't want to deal with that.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 21 May 2016, 16:28

Flobalob wrote:Practically every level of strictness possible has been tried at some time or another on FWG. From Hito's much stricter rules to the recent, extremely lax rules, none have all out prevented the drama or the trolls and it's unlikely that they ever would.

Things just seemed better when moderators actually had a purpose.

They cracked down on the rules. The other users either followed the rules or they got banned.

Having a completely relaxed chat for rooms that aren't the "f" room,( which I'm not even sure why that's a thing anyway. As if we need a room for everyone to cuss and bad mouth people in) just doesn't work very well. In my opinion, at least. We will always have trolls and drama but at least when Hito was around, everything was more under control. I'm not even sure half the moderators know what is acceptable in a chat box anymore, so how are they to enforce a nice chat box?
Most Likely To Win The Lottery.. But Lose Ticket![/b]
#2016FWGAwards

Return to “Suggestions”