Mute button

Put your suggestions on how to improve the community here
Sphinx
FWG King

Re: Mute button

Postby Sphinx » 01 Mar 2011, 09:53

Conny wrote:
Sphinx wrote:i srsly think this would be a awesome idea for the chat,so if there's no mods around we can just mute spammers,swearers,and people who offend us(not referring to me at all)

i've wanted one of these for aaaaages XP

This is the most stupid topic I've ever seen... The ban button is the same thing! And besides, Frank and Hito make mods cause they can trust them with the power. If you let random people mute other people, all hell will break loose! For example, if you put the mute button on, someone can go mass banning mode... Like Paladin (No offence mate...) Sooo, bad idea. :L

u dont even know what a mute button is...

it stops YOU from seeing their posts,not EVERYONE

everyone else can still see them
kind of like the leader in here#3494

Lightning Orb
The Superior Orby

Postby Lightning Orb » 01 Mar 2011, 15:22

Conny wrote:
Sphinx wrote:i srsly think this would be a awesome idea for the chat,so if there's no mods around we can just mute spammers,swearers,and people who offend us(not referring to me at all)

This is the most stupid topic I've ever seen... The ban button is the same thing! And besides, Frank and Hito make mods cause they can trust them with the power. If you let random people mute other people, all hell will break loose! For example, if you put the mute button on, someone can go mass banning mode... Like Paladin (No offence mate...) Sooo, bad idea. :L

Agreed.
Most Likely To Win The Lottery.. But Lose Ticket![/b]
#2016FWGAwards

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 01 Mar 2011, 22:24

Lightning Orb wrote:
Conny wrote:

Agreed.

I think what he means is more of an ignore option, not a mute. Where the person's posts do not appear to you personally.
Image For trying.

Sphinx
FWG King

Postby Sphinx » 02 Mar 2011, 01:41

yeah,its called a mute button in some places...

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 02 Mar 2011, 02:29

hey peeps, we're waiting on that - we didn't make the chatbox and the chatbox peeps said last year a mute button will be added... but they are slow doing it :(
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

KillaKlown
FWG sergeant

Postby KillaKlown » 03 Mar 2011, 07:34

If it was possible it wouldn't be a bad idea if it only muted a user to you but pointless for when a mod is here & as far as being annoyed by someone just ignore it the best you can. There will always be one arse that has to bring negativity to the chat whether it be for seconds or hours just cant let it bring ur experience here down :D
Feels Like the Earth Moved Under My Feet
I feel you In Every Single Heartbeat
You Are A Lovely Lovely Refrain
You Spin Round & Round In My Brain
I Sing This Tune Until It's Unfurled
You've Got The Sweetest A** In The World
By Alex C

Sphinx
FWG King

Postby Sphinx » 05 Mar 2011, 12:53

KillaKlown wrote: but pointless for when a mod is here:D

naaaa,it could just be someone annoying you, or arguing with you but still not breaking the rules

Return to “Suggestions”