Ascend, Knights of the Land

A slower style of Role-Play
Father Anderson
FWG God
Fr00k$: 110.50

Ascend, Knights of the Land

Postby Father Anderson » 26 May 2016, 20:37

-Snow was falling on the castle of the Stag. The guards standing in front of the drawbridge entrance were coated in the substance. The bore the sigil of the stag. A sign of respect amongst all the nations within the entirety of the world. Their color was a deep blue, with white speckels dotting the banner, with the head of a stag being the symbol.
The knights eventually made their way back into the castle, sealing the drawbridge. They were going to be holed up for the rest of Winter. Luckily they had enough food offerings from "The Bringer of Hunt". The nation had given sacrifices to the goddess for generations in preparation for this time. The best venison was given to their king.
Said king sat upon the throne of Antlers. It was made of the antlers of the many deer that have fed them, the great buck of each year's horns were always either added to the throne, or used to make the hilt figures of the kingsguard.
King Sigrid the Brave sat upon the throne. He was indeed a king, but he still fought amongst his men in every battle, every war, every conflict. He was always there, with his crown of antlers.
Every year, the kingdom shut themselves inside their kingdom, in order to survive the harsh winters of their northern land. Hundreds of great deer slain in order to feed them for the winter. Their spirits would remain with them, blessing each of the kingsguard. It was a great honor to be blessed by a spirit of one of the deer used to sacrifice to be eaten.

The king decided to break the silence, as the two snow covered knights enterred.

"May my loyal kingsguard please step forward?"
Image BRO AWARD WITH MY BAE JOEY <3
my sons

The Random Savior
FWG Prince
Fr00k$: 172.20

Re: Ascend, Knights of the Land

Postby The Random Savior » 27 May 2016, 00:47

Young Phintias the Squire stood nervously in the throne room. Never has he been this close to the King! He anxiously waits for a master to teach him the ways of the Knight, for he had been practicing on rats with stick branches as a child. Though somewhat...old for a squire (He was about, hm, 17 years old. Squires were often much younger), he was determined to become a knight and defend the kingdom.
Out of Action.

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God
Fr00k$: 127.50

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 27 May 2016, 17:19

The grand knight Arinius Korath stood before the king's throne, his armor black as night. He bowed his knee to the king, the emblem of a stag printed over his heart on his armor. "I pledge allegiance to the Stag and to thee, my king." His zweihander hung at his side, the sword he's had ever since he begun knighthood and was dubbed "Sir". This sword had one many a battle and it would be content to do it again, for the king. Said zweihander's hilt was made from stag antlers.
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

Father Anderson
FWG God

Postby Father Anderson » 27 May 2016, 19:04

-The king nodded toward the black knight. He looked to the young squire, and spoke.-
"As king of the real, I appoint Phintias as your squire."
-The king laughed, before grabbing his goblet. He took a swig from it, and grinned.-
"The house of the Lamb gave us the finest wine."
-The king then took on a serious tone, setting down his goblet.-
"As Kingsguard, it is your duty to not only defend the crown, but the crown's people as well.. the House of the Serpent has taken control of the yeti population a bit further north. They plan to attack. Stay alert."
-He furrowed his brow, before motioning the kingsguard away. He thought about the house of the Serpent.... conniving bastards, they were. Fit for the name.. From the sandy lands of Eta, they were assassins, political geniuses. They also developed poisons....
my sons

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 27 May 2016, 20:10

Finally! It is time for Phintias to learn the ways of the knight! Though, he is quite nervous by the dark armor his new master wears. He stands, awaiting his first orders from his new master.
Out of Action.

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 28 May 2016, 06:39

Arinius glared at the squire. He didn't want to doubt the king's orders, but... this kid? He sighed, and motioned for vthe squire to the stables. "Fetch me my horse, squire. White as the snows of winter, brave as any wolfhound." He stood, waiting for the squire to move. He began to think to himself, 'This kid better not get himself killed on his first assignment... else he is as good as a page for any lord and lady..."

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 29 May 2016, 05:37

"Y-yes sir." He salutes, and then hurriedly walks towards the exit. When he gets outside, he looks around for the stables. "Uh...where could it be..."
Out of Action.

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 31 May 2016, 20:19

"My king, with all due respect, why must you assign me a squire? And.. him, of all of them?" Arinius looked at his king, not wishing to dubt him but also confused. "I mean, he'll get himself killed on the way to the stables... let alone out on the hunt for food for winter." He stood, waiting an answer.

Father Anderson
FWG God

Postby Father Anderson » 01 Jun 2016, 18:30

The king laughed, and began to lecture the knight on how he shouldn't judge a book by its cover. All the while, a yeti climbed in over the walls. It was dark out. Said yeti ended up eating some of the food, and hiding.
my sons

The Random Savior
FWG Prince

Postby The Random Savior » 03 Jun 2016, 21:33

(we continuing this or nah)

Phintias saw the stables, and rushed over to it. It was cold out, and his clothing provided little warmth. A man, perhaps the stable-hand, stood in front of the stables where a variety of horses were stabled. Phintias walks to him, and clears his throat.

"Excuse me, I am the squire of Sir Arinius Korath. He has told me to get his horse from the stables. It is as, "white as winters, and brave as any wolfhound".
Out of Action.

Return to “Para-RP”