RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

These games will blow your mind!
User avatar
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE
Posts: 3693
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 22:36
Fr00k$: 630.25
Location: SKREEEEE
Contact:

RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby Foopzheart » 27 Feb 2017, 21:39

Hi! I'm not going to explain the rules. You'll get it. Give me a word. Any word. That's all. Then check back later.
vaguely present
Image
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

User avatar
TheOneAndOnlyCabbage
Green FWGer
Posts: 8
Joined: 14 Feb 2017, 21:26
Fr00k$: 2.60

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby TheOneAndOnlyCabbage » 27 Feb 2017, 21:48

Gherkin.

User avatar
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE
Posts: 3693
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 22:36
Fr00k$: 630.25
Location: SKREEEEE
Contact:

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby Foopzheart » 04 Mar 2017, 22:38

TheOneAndOnlyCabbage wrote:Gherkin.

WELCOME, CABBAGE!
An only mildly threatening voice booms through the room. You don't know how you got there. It reeks of rotting wood. You wager that it's likely some sort of OAK WOOD. Wait, why did you think that in all-caps? Oh, forget it. It's fine, probably. You actually KNOW that it is OAK WOOD. You are, after all, one of the most skilled HERBALISTS in the room, if not the most skilled HERBALIST in the room. You know how to pickle cucumbers. It's a talent. Congratulations. Here are your stats:

CABBAGE:
LEVEL: 0
XP: 0/20
HEALTH: 120/120
MELEE: 1
DEFENSE: 10
RANGE: 3
MAGIC: 6
CHARISMA: 3
LUCK: 11

(As the HERBALIST, your initial STAT ROLLS get a +2 to HEALTH, a +2 to MAGIC, and a +1 to LUCK. Doesn't change that your STATS might be BAD. They likely will be TERRIBLE, in fact.)

WOW, the mildly threatening booming voice taunts, cutting through the silence of the pitch black room. YOUR STATS ARE PRETTY TERRIBLE. WHAT ARE YOU GOING TO DO?

That's a pretty good question, actually. What are you going to do? Where are you? Are you alone? Why does it smell of rotting OAK WOOD? Let's start with the first question, seeing as you're the only one who can answer that. Maybe I'll be able to answer the rest for you in time.
vaguely present
Image
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

DriveThru Whale
FWG Earl
Posts: 314
Joined: 09 Apr 2013, 02:46
Fr00k$: 22.40

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby DriveThru Whale » 05 Mar 2017, 02:10

Bird
Image LOUDEST 2015, 2017

User avatar
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE
Posts: 3693
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 22:36
Fr00k$: 630.25
Location: SKREEEEE
Contact:

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby Foopzheart » 05 Mar 2017, 03:43

DriveThru Whale wrote:Bird


WELCOME, DRIVETHRU WHALE! The voice booms toward you and only you, you think.


You feel as if you're alone in the same dark room. It smells like something's rotting, but you're not exactly sure what. You hear a faint skittering in the walls and immediately recognize the sound of a RAT. Of course. You're a SUMMONER by trade, aren't you?

I mean, you were. Now you're in this dark room. But either way, here's your stats:

DRIVETHRU WHALE:
LEVEL: 0
XP: 0/20
HEALTH: 50/50
MELEE: 9
DEFENSE: 9
RANGE: 3
MAGIC: 11
CHARISMA: 5
LUCK: 3

(As a SUMMONER, you get a +2 bonus to both MAGIC and CHARISMA, and a +1 bonus to RANGE.)

WOW, the booming voice reiterates, although you actually don't know that it's repeating its statement seeing as it seems to be addressing everybody in the room individually--yknow, not that you know you're being addressed individually from somebody else as the darkness in the room is crushing and makes you feel more alone than you've ever been--Oh, wait, is that somebody breathing nearby? It is. It sounds like a HUMAN. You KNOW this because you KNOW how ANIMALS work because you're a SUMMONER. Am I getting my point across? Anyhow, yeah, the voice is booming, IT REALLY ISN'T YOUR LUCKY DAY. HA. HA. HA. It laughs, but it doesn't sound like it's laughing. It's more of a stilted grinding noise that seems to come from deep within its body, like an organ puncturing itself on a floating rib and then stabbing itself over and over. Like a bony squelch. Yeah, a bony squelch.


What do you do?
vaguely present
Image
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

DriveThru Whale
FWG Earl
Posts: 314
Joined: 09 Apr 2013, 02:46
Fr00k$: 22.40

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby DriveThru Whale » 05 Mar 2017, 03:47

Foopzheart wrote:
DriveThru Whale wrote:Bird


WELCOME, DRIVETHRU WHALE! The voice booms toward you and only you, you think.


You feel as if you're alone in the same dark room. It smells like something's rotting, but you're not exactly sure what. You hear a faint skittering in the walls and immediately recognize the sound of a RAT. Of course. You're a SUMMONER by trade, aren't you?

I mean, you were. Now you're in this dark room. But either way, here's your stats:

DRIVETHRU WHALE:
LEVEL: 0
XP: 0/20
HEALTH: 50/50
MELEE: 9
DEFENSE: 9
RANGE: 3
MAGIC: 11
CHARISMA: 5
LUCK: 3

(As a SUMMONER, you get a +2 bonus to both MAGIC and CHARISMA, and a +1 bonus to RANGE.)

WOW, the booming voice reiterates, although you actually don't know that it's repeating its statement seeing as it seems to be addressing everybody in the room individually--yknow, not that you know you're being addressed individually from somebody else as the darkness in the room is crushing and makes you feel more alone than you've ever been--Oh, wait, is that somebody breathing nearby? It is. It sounds like a HUMAN. You KNOW this because you KNOW how ANIMALS work because you're a SUMMONER. Am I getting my point across? Anyhow, yeah, the voice is booming, IT REALLY ISN'T YOUR LUCKY DAY. HA. HA. HA. It laughs, but it doesn't sound like it's laughing. It's more of a stilted grinding noise that seems to come from deep within its body, like an organ puncturing itself on a floating rib and then stabbing itself over and over. Like a bony squelch. Yeah, a bony squelch.


What do you do?


I open my inventory
Image LOUDEST 2015, 2017

User avatar
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE
Posts: 3693
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 22:36
Fr00k$: 630.25
Location: SKREEEEE
Contact:

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby Foopzheart » 05 Mar 2017, 04:02

CHAPTER 1: HAVEN'T WE BEEN HERE BEFORE?
PART 1: STANDING AROUND HOPING FOR THE BEST

DRIVETHRU WHALE, you open your inventory, but it is empty as is everybody else's when they begin this game. How embarrassing. It'd be a serious shame if you were attacked right now, while defenseless. In fact, you could search the area around you in order to try to find some sort of weapon to defend yourself. Maybe. Just a thought. A recommendation of sorts. But you can do literally anything if the numbers allow it, so maybe you'll go beyond that. I don't know, I'm only a very-likely-malevolent and also omniscient being that decides the outcome of your actions via random number generator, not a cop. (1)

CABBAGE, you just of stand there. I assume you're waiting something to happen to you? I mean, this could go either really well or really terribly. Are you sure you want to risk that? Oh well. Too late. I mean, either way, nothing happened at all, which is what usually happens when you stand in one place and don't do anything in the empty void in which you reside. (2)
vaguely present
Image
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

DriveThru Whale
FWG Earl
Posts: 314
Joined: 09 Apr 2013, 02:46
Fr00k$: 22.40

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby DriveThru Whale » 05 Mar 2017, 04:08

Foopzheart wrote:CHAPTER 1: HAVEN'T WE BEEN HERE BEFORE?
PART 1: STANDING AROUND HOPING FOR THE BEST

DRIVETHRU WHALE, you open your inventory, but it is empty as is everybody else's when they begin this game. How embarrassing. It'd be a serious shame if you were attacked right now, while defenseless. In fact, you could search the area around you in order to try to find some sort of weapon to defend yourself. Maybe. Just a thought. A recommendation of sorts. But you can do literally anything if the numbers allow it, so maybe you'll go beyond that. I don't know, I'm only a very-likely-malevolent and also omniscient being that decides the outcome of your actions via random number generator, not a cop. (1)


Ooh excellent idea! I use my RAT to scavenge for food.
Image LOUDEST 2015, 2017

User avatar
Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God
Posts: 1995
Joined: 18 May 2011, 16:15
Fr00k$: 127.60
Location: May 18, 16:15 PM, District Court, Courtroom No. 7

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 05 Mar 2017, 17:13

flame
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

User avatar
Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE
Posts: 3693
Joined: 26 Jun 2010, 22:36
Fr00k$: 630.25
Location: SKREEEEE
Contact:

Re: RtD, This Time For Real I Swear

Postby Foopzheart » 06 Mar 2017, 19:50

Leprechaun Lukia wrote:flame


WELCOME, LUKIA! Okay. You've definitely heard this voice before. You remember jumping into the middle of quite the sticky situation incredibly late and having unreasonably high skills as a result. The room is dark. It is wet. It smells like something you might be able to BURN, if it were drier. You hear something skittering but it is UNIDENTIFIABLE. You're actually pretty concerned. This isn't a great situation. Of course, if you had access to some sort of FIRE you'd be in a much better place. You think. You're an ARSONIST. Well, more accurately, you're a PYROMANIAC. You take immense personal pleasure in lighting FIRES. It's kinda weird. Your family still loved you, for the most part. Keep in mind past tense. You'll likely never see them again, seeing as you're, y'know, back here. The whole "fire" thing gets out of your control sometimes, but you're pretty experienced in lighting them at least.


LUKIA:
LEVEL: 0
XP: 0/20
HEALTH: 10
MELEE: 2
DEFENSE: 9
RANGE: 6
MAGIC: 11
CHARISMA: 2
LUCK: 6

(As an ARSONIST, you gain a +2 BONUS to both RANGE and MAGIC, as well as a +1 BONUS to DEFENSE. I swear, I have REASONS for this.)

OH, The voice booms. On second thought, it's even a bit louder than you remember. IT'S YOU AGAIN. I'D ASK YOU IF YOU'RE HERE TO CHEAT, BUT YOU OBVIOUSLY HAVE QUITE THE HANDICAP IN CHARISMA. DOESN'T LOOK LIKE YOU'RE GETTING ANYWHERE SOON WITH THOSE SOCIAL SKILLS. It's okay. He's just TAUNTING you. You're fine. What do you want to do? As far as you know, you're pretty alone here, aside from whatever the hell is skittering.
vaguely present
Image
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE


Return to “Forum games and misc.”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 2 guests