Land of Secrets. Chapter IV

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Land of Secrets. Chapter IV

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 31 Mar 2012, 21:11

I began to re-write this now, since i have recovered everything from the Warrior series. So, here it is. Chapter 4.

Oakpaw slowly opened his eyes, and yawned. He stretched out his whole body, knowing that most of the other apprentices had left, and slowly rose from his slumber. He had looked around, only to see Snakepaw and Leafpaw. I'll let them sleep, Oakpaw thought.
He crept out of the apprentice's den, and looked around. There, he saw a thin layer of snow, and the snow continueing to lightly blanket the forest. He sighed at this. He wanted leaf-bare to be over. Even though the clan was still getting enough food, and Goldenfur's kits were okay, Oakpaw, along with Tigerpaw, Snakepaw, and Leafpaw had been working so hard to catch prey, and he knew it would be another long day of hunting in the cold.
Oakpaw sighed and went straight to Stoneclaw, who was under the High Rock, talking to a few cats.
“Good morning, Oakpaw,” Stoneclaw said
“Good morning” Oakpaw replied rather coldly. “What hunting patrol will I be on today? Leafpaw and Snakepaw are still sleeping. I thought together we could do a morning hunting patrol.”
“That won't be necessary,” Stonelaw answered.
Oakpaw was shocked. “What?”
“I said, that won't be necessary.” Stoneclaw said once again. “We have enough organized hunting patrols, and I know how hard you have been working, so you, and a number of apprentices and warriors are having the next few days off. Do what you wish.”
Oakpaw's heart just sprang up in excitement and over joy. Suddnely, all this energy had surged through him. He spun around a couple times, then regained his calmness. He forced his fur to flatten, and licked his paws a couple times.
“Who else is having a break?” Oakpaw asked, still sounding excited.
“Bounceleg, Ashspots, Mintwhisker, Dawnflower, Applestream, Spiderfang, Snakepaw, Leafpaw, and Tigerpaw.”
Oakpaw was surprised. He never heard so many cats been given the day off, espeically for the next couple of days too. He was, though, happy Applestream was also given the day off. That meant that they could spend time together. And, spend time with Toadfur.
I'll talk to Applestream later, Oakpaw thought. He wanted to visit Toadfur and see how he was doing. Oakpaw slowly walked towards the medicine cat's den, dragging his tired feet through the somewhat thick snow. Even though there wasn't much snow, Oakpaw had a hard time walking through the snow.
Once he had approuched the medicine cat's den. He peered into the shadows, and whispered, “Hello? Toadfur?” He didn't want to wake any of them if they were sleeping.
“Yes? Who is it?” a voice rasped. It sounded like Creekwing.
“It's me, Oakpaw,” Oakpaw replied.
“Come in, come in.” The voice said.
Oakpaw cuatiously stepped into the den. He saw a dark figure sway closer to him, until it's face was right in front of Oakpaw's. It was Creekwing!
“What brings you here?” She rasped.
“Oh, just wanted to check up on Toadfur, that's all.”
“There is no need to check up on him. I am doing fine taking care of him,” Creekwing replied harshly.
'I know, but-”
“But what? You doubt my abilities as a medicine cat to take care of Toadfur?” Creekwing got closer to Oakpaw, anger flashing in her eyes.
Oakpaw leaned backwards, shocked.
“N-no! I just wanna see Toadfur!”
Creekwing gave Oakpaw a hard glare, and walked deeper into the cave. I heard a crumbling of leaves and branches. She must've gone to her bed, Oakpaw thought.
Birhcpaw had then stepped in. He had left to gather some needed herbs, since he had leaf bags full of some sweet, bitter, and sour smelling herbs.
He dropped them. “Creekwing! Why didn't you put down the heavy layer? You know we need light in this place!” Birchpaw scorned at her.
“Dont' you yell at me! It's not my job to do it!” Creekwing hissed back.
“Well, I was gone, and Nighttail is at the nursery, and your here by yourself, and you coudln't have thought to do it yourself?” Birchpaw hissed.
“No!” She screamed back.
“Wait,” Oakpaw said. “'By yourself'? Toadfur isn't here?”
Birchpaw sighed. He walked deeper into the medicine cat's den, with a long stick twirled around his tail. He had lifted it up, and poked the heavy layer of leaves off the roof, revealing a thin layer of leaves with holes. The holes were extremely small, so snow couldn't come in, and it lighted the place the moment part of it was poked off.
Oakpaw looked behind him to see the layer falling off the roof. It revealed that the medicicine cat's den was a somewhat deep cave, with sticks supporting a leaf roof that extended the den. How have I never noticed this before? Oakpaw wondered.
Birchpaw stopped, and threw the stick in the back.
“Hey! You could have hurt me you brat!” Creekwing hissed again, staying in her den.
“Oh shut up! It was no where even near you!” Birchpaw replied.
Creekwing went silent, and turned around, muttering some things.
Birchpaw then looked back at Oakpaw.
“What was your question again?” He asked, in a more calmer tone.
“Where's Toadfur.”
“Oh. Toadfur went down to the river near the Cave of Rock to have a drink,” Birchpaw replied.
“Alone?”
“No, not alone you stupid furball! He took a patrol with some warriors and other elders to go down. We thought the freash air will do him good.”
“If you ask me, it would do him terrible! He'll only get sicker!” Creekwing hissed.
“Will you shut up? Go take your nap when your less cranky you old hag!” Birchpaw growled.
“You know what? I will!” Creekwing hissed back. She had finally laid down completely, breathed heavily, trying to calm her self down.
Oakpaw slowly back out. “Well, I'll just leave you guys alone... And let you handle this thing on your own.”
Birchpaw turned around.
“No. I am coming with you.”
“Ok. You'll have to lead me there then.”
“Fine, just anything to leave here”
Oakpaw laughed, and turned around, walking towards the camp entrance. He knew Birchpaw was following him, for he heard his small paws crunch the snow. Oakpaw's were a bit louder, since he was much older then Birchpaw.
The two cats hadn't spent much time with each other. Oakpaw had been working very hard with training, and now to feed the clan. Birchpaw was in the midst of his training, and collecting herbs with Nighttail when Creeking refused to come.
Oakpaw had the next days off. He wanted to spend it with the people he loved. And one of the cats he cared about, was Birchpaw.
It's gonna be a good day. Birchpaw and I are probably gonna listen to some tales from Toadfur and Nightwatcher. We'll catch some food and have a meal, Oakpaw thought.
He smiled at this as he walked out of camp, and along the trails that were covered in snow.
Last edited by Shadowstar1922 on 31 Mar 2012, 21:40, edited 1 time in total.

Shadow00

Re: Land of Secrets. Chapter IX

Postby Shadow00 » 31 Mar 2012, 21:39

Random: 4 is IV, IX is 9.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Land of Secrets. Chapter IX

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 31 Mar 2012, 21:40

Shadow00 wrote:Random: 4 is IV, IX is 9.

lol really? thanks XD

Sylvia
FWG Mod

Re: Land of Secrets. Chapter IV

Postby Sylvia » 31 Mar 2012, 22:35

The only thing I could criticise is that the names are too heavily used for it to be readable, it's quite confusing at times.

I know it's based upon that warrior cats series but 3 paws and 2 claws and a star it's quite hard to read through it with a strong sense of each character. Try to include some scenes where less than 4 characters are mainly used. :)
Problems with Medals, Quizzes or other activities - PM me here!

Image FWG Award for Heart of Gold

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Land of Secrets. Chapter IV

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 31 Mar 2012, 23:35

Lucky Ducky wrote:The only thing I could criticise is that the names are too heavily used for it to be readable, it's quite confusing at times.

I know it's based upon that warrior cats series but 3 paws and 2 claws and a star it's quite hard to read through it with a strong sense of each character. Try to include some scenes where less than 4 characters are mainly used. :)

Ok! I understand, and I'll try. When i re-read it, i sometimes have difficulty too. xD

Return to “General Chat”