Mandatory Immunizations

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
Gyro_Plasma
FWG Squire

Mandatory Immunizations

Postby Gyro_Plasma » 05 Jun 2012, 00:20

Mandatory Immunizations

Should immunizations/vaccinations be mandatory? I for one think that people should get immunizations for many reasons. Measles, whooping cough and many other diseases came from foreign countries and have killed many people in the past, so why don’t some people take immunizations? Many people don’t like the impression of an ‘unclean’ needle being pierced in their arm, but diseases and viruses spread from person to person. Immunizations work by placing the vaccine for a certain disease/virus in your blood stream. Vaccines contain parts or full microbes that have been killed or weakened to kill or stop diseases.
Vaccinations also help in the future to; the vaccine containing microbes entered and stimulated the immune system telling the immune system to make antibodies which then tells the body if that virus would be encountered again and preventing it. That’s why it’s safer and keener to get a flu shot when young. Adults are also more likely to catch diseases than the youth.
Viruses travel in many ways, but the main way is contact. Spreading a virus has a great deal to do with math. Person A gives the virus to person B, C and D. Person B gives it to person E, F and G etc. Each person has the capability to pass a germ or a virus with contact unless you had an immunization. For example the common flu, a ‘carrier’ could pass it to another person with direct or indirect contact and that person would have an 80% chance of catching it or passing the disease. With a vaccine or immunization the chances of both dwindle to maybe only 5%! As you see, everyone should or even vital get immunized so they wouldn’t carelessly pass it on to someone else.
There are many doctors and medical scientists who research and study common immunizations, these people can change the view of what people think and say, but what are their opinions? Scientists have convinced many people about false statements in vaccines. Thimerosal is a mercury containing preservative that is used in needles to destroy harmful bacteria and mercury can be deadly to the body, some vaccines call for none or even less than 1% and people are still afraid! Vaccines also have been said to cause mental illnesses which are immense lies! Many mental illnesses are illnesses that you’re born with and ones that you cannot catch; these include autism, tourettes, and many other syndromes. Almost all vaccines contain a destructive substance to your body, but very little.
What’s the point of a vaccine without chemicals that can possibly protect the body? Formaldehyde, aluminum, ethanol and egg protein all help with protecting vaccines and killing bacteria, but many people are afraid of these chemicals mainly of allergies, toxicity and effects on which they can have to the human body. These are all factors on how people choses whether to take vaccinations or not.
There are many rights and laws of immunizations and it stands that immunizations are optional and we don’t realize what we take for granted. Some people wish they were lucky as we are to receive immunizations, but some people still don’t bother to take them for many reasons. People will probably not take a vaccination unless the disease is very significant. If this happens many people will scramble to receive the vaccination and thus an epidemic and chaos would start because people thought that the disease was minor. There also has been a government database on all children who were damaged or died from vaccinations which may scare some parents, but most kids who die already have an allergy or reaction of the vaccination. People want their own treatment because they use the term ‘Russian roulette’. This means a gamble on their children’s health, but I’ve never on the news seen any child who received an illness and the chances are extremely slim! Their opinion is accepted and I can understand how the topic is at a deadlock!
Mandatory immunizations are indeed an intelligent and safe choice for our developing society and we shouldn’t endanger many people and our future like this!
Is it correct to face reality when your only option is to hide yourself from the world

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: Mandatory Immunizations

Postby Dr Frook » 05 Jun 2012, 00:31

yes, without a doubt. The benefits outweigh the risks. We knew a doctor who thought it wasnt worth vaccinating his own son against polio. Well, guess what, his son got it and was disabled for the rest of his life.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

beana 9000
FWG King

Postby beana 9000 » 05 Jun 2012, 15:50

Image I refuse to get one. Still haven't,after almost a whole year of public school passing right under me. I'm going to be reluctant and not get it. All the things I have been told,such as sickness coming after it,make me not want it even more. Part of me is fearful,the other part just doesn't care. I'll get it when I need it. And right now,I'm fine.
I’m officially gone. Who cares? Nobody. This will probably that tiny little memory I remember someday. Thanks for the wonderful time FWGers.

Sylvia
FWG Mod

Postby Sylvia » 05 Jun 2012, 16:28

Gyro Plasma makes a great argument, one I couldn't improve on but for those too lazy to read that I'll summon it all up:

All vaccines should be completely mandatory, simple as. The amount of lies and myths around vaccines are ridiculous - around the october time the flu vaccine is given and I was put on duty to stab various people, the amount of questions I got were unbelievable. So, to explain to all those who are not medically aware:

You get ill by an organism called a pathogen. This could be a virus - like flu, fungi - mushrooms, or bacteria, like eating out of date meat. Some of the illnesses caused by the pathogens can be prevented permanently, and that is called a vaccine.

The vaccine is part of these pathogens, the part that can't harm you - like a robber who is asleep (as I describe to kids). Once it is in your body, your body then recognises the robber and next time one comes along, your body can get rid of it before it does any damage.

These vaccines save millions of lives, and if enough of the population gets a vaccine, the disease can be wiped out. This can happen, and did happen with smallpox - a deadly, painful disease which no longer exists to the public.

The myths and lies that you become ill after, children die, you get mental issues... your body does experience flu like symptoms afterwards which are harmless, and affect about 10% of people given a vaccine. Less than 0.000001% of people, ever, have died from a vaccine. This is because of a rare allergic reaction that they would have died a premature death from anyway. You simply cannot get mental health problems from vaccines either - vaccines can highlight already existing mental health issues but they cannot create them.

To not get vaccines is stupid and idiotic - they should be forced upon people and if they don't want them, deported. It is a huge problem faced by healthcare systems worldwide and in my time working in medical care, those who didn't get vaccines always regretted it.
Problems with Medals, Quizzes or other activities - PM me here!

Image FWG Award for Heart of Gold

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 06 Jun 2012, 23:14

beana 9000 wrote:Image I refuse to get one. Still haven't,after almost a whole year of public school passing right under me. I'm going to be reluctant and not get it. All the things I have been told,such as sickness coming after it,make me not want it even more. Part of me is fearful,the other part just doesn't care. I'll get it when I need it. And right now,I'm fine.

Wait...You fear the needle...Thats weak dude....
I only fear the extraction of my blood...
And its best you get them man ....find 15 minutes to get an injection or find 24 hours a day to be dead...
Dont worry...The Pain lsts for about 1 minute...well thats how long it lasted for me when i got 4 injections...
I've lost my pieces.

Gyro_Plasma
FWG Squire

Postby Gyro_Plasma » 07 Jun 2012, 19:47

I got an A+ on this assignment
Is it correct to face reality when your only option is to hide yourself from the world

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 07 Jun 2012, 20:03

Gyro_Plasma wrote:I got an A+ on this assignment

xD nice....Can i use it if i ever have to do an assignment like this?
I've lost my pieces.

Gyro_Plasma
FWG Squire

Postby Gyro_Plasma » 08 Jun 2012, 01:27

Lamb wrote:
Gyro_Plasma wrote:I got an A+ on this assignment

xD nice....Can i use it if i ever have to do an assignment like this?

I dont know......... some hacked pokes would be nice lamb :P

Gyro_Plasma
FWG Squire

Postby Gyro_Plasma » 08 Jun 2012, 01:37

Lamb wrote:
beana 9000 wrote:Image I refuse to get one. Still haven't,after almost a whole year of public school passing right under me. I'm going to be reluctant and not get it. All the things I have been told,such as sickness coming after it,make me not want it even more. Part of me is fearful,the other part just doesn't care. I'll get it when I need it. And right now,I'm fine.

Wait...You fear the needle...Thats weak dude....
I only fear the extraction of my blood...
And its best you get them man ....find 15 minutes to get an injection or find 24 hours a day to be dead...
Dont worry...The Pain lsts for about 1 minute...well thats how long it lasted for me when i got 4 injections...

The commings will come...............................

Gyro_Plasma
FWG Squire

Postby Gyro_Plasma » 08 Jun 2012, 19:35

Lucky Ducky wrote:Gyro Plasma makes a great argument, one I couldn't improve on but for those too lazy to read that I'll summon it all up:

All vaccines should be completely mandatory, simple as. The amount of lies and myths around vaccines are ridiculous - around the october time the flu vaccine is given and I was put on duty to stab various people, the amount of questions I got were unbelievable. So, to explain to all those who are not medically aware:

You get ill by an organism called a pathogen. This could be a virus - like flu, fungi - mushrooms, or bacteria, like eating out of date meat. Some of the illnesses caused by the pathogens can be prevented permanently, and that is called a vaccine.

The vaccine is part of these pathogens, the part that can't harm you - like a robber who is asleep (as I describe to kids). Once it is in your body, your body then recognises the robber and next time one comes along, your body can get rid of it before it does any damage.

These vaccines save millions of lives, and if enough of the population gets a vaccine, the disease can be wiped out. This can happen, and did happen with smallpox - a deadly, painful disease which no longer exists to the public.

The myths and lies that you become ill after, children die, you get mental issues... your body does experience flu like symptoms afterwards which are harmless, and affect about 10% of people given a vaccine. Less than 0.000001% of people, ever, have died from a vaccine. This is because of a rare allergic reaction that they would have died a premature death from anyway. You simply cannot get mental health problems from vaccines either - vaccines can highlight already existing mental health issues but they cannot create them.

To not get vaccines is stupid and idiotic - they should be forced upon people and if they don't want them, deported. It is a huge problem faced by healthcare systems worldwide and in my time working in medical care, those who didn't get vaccines always regretted it.

Always happy

Return to “General Chat”