mmm's Fun Fact of Whenever I Feel Like It!

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
meiguorach
FWG Duke

Re: mmm's Fun Fact of the Day!

Postby meiguorach » 17 Aug 2012, 04:10

Haha, I'm glad you actually got around to doing this, mmm. :)

I loved the fact about the pirates... That's so cool! hehehe. I like anything having to do with pirates. ;)
Image FWG Award for Destined to be Famous

Comrade
FWG Butt Kicker

Postby Comrade » 17 Aug 2012, 21:04

I think I found my new favorite thread.
John 3:16 For God so loved the world that he gave his one and only Son, that whoever believes in him shall not perish but have eternal life.

Sugilite-Rocks
FWG Duke

Postby Sugilite-Rocks » 17 Aug 2012, 22:58

fact: if you put salt on pineapple it will taste sweeter

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 19 Aug 2012, 13:03

Fact: Mmm is out of facts so don't expect facts.Now,fax this please?XD :lol:
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 19 Aug 2012, 22:11

Mmm forgot to leave his "out of office" message, he was busy these last two days. To make up for this, I'm leaving more than a fact. I'm going to discuss my thoughts on illegal immigration in the U.S (This is more of a collaboration of opinion than fact, but I'm out of facts for now).

So illegal immigration in the U.S is an economic as well as social problem. Many immigrants leave their home countries in order to make a better life for themselves and their family, but their presence may present a significant drain on the economy (I say may, because I am unsure of how many pay what kinds of taxes, how much they receive in benefits etc.). I can confidently say the damage they can do to our economy is growing, as America is growing more liberal socially. In general, I agree with the liberalization, but I read the most ridiculous news that the state of Alabama is being chastized for not offering illegal aliens scholarships and other benefits.

If the presence of illegal aliens in the U.S drains money away from our already weakened economy, but the illegals move here quite possibly from a life or death situation, how do we resolve this? We need to encourage the legal migration of outside individuals. The migration of individuals to the U.S provides cultural and material wealth, but is both a costly and lengthy process. A poor family has little chance of getting to the U.S legally, and if they manage to get in, it can easily take 10 years.

My proposition: By 2015, could the U.S government 1) shorten the process to 5 years and 2)offer short term loans to families which are not independent economically until they move to the U.S. This does bring up many questions such as how do we determine who deserves the loans and what should determine who is allowed to immigrate to the U.S and who is not (from my understanding, there are millions upon millions of applicants. The U.S cannot simply take everyone and keep up with the paperwork, background checks, all that stuff).

I may edit this later, I'm dead tired xD
Image For trying.

Sugilite-Rocks
FWG Duke

Postby Sugilite-Rocks » 19 Aug 2012, 23:02

why aren't any daily fact's ?

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 20 Aug 2012, 00:32

Alright, that last thing I posted was lame. So here are some Battlefield 3 facts, given by Mr. Colonel 100!
http://youtu.be/IR4s4QswGS4?hd=1&t=1m26s
Frook, the embed option didn't work again.
Image For trying.

Gyro_Plasma
FWG Squire

Postby Gyro_Plasma » 20 Aug 2012, 20:34

Really Pirates are sophisticated.
Is it correct to face reality when your only option is to hide yourself from the world

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 21 Aug 2012, 01:37

Nobody realizes that we are one of the main causes of these immigrants. Our Companies expand into countries like India, Mexico and pay low wages. Which causes them to leave their job to go to a better country with bigger job opprounities. And one of those places is America.
We practically caused Mexico's economic recession in 1994, when they agreed to let foreign companies expand into their country. .-.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 21 Aug 2012, 02:32

Sorry for not saying this before, but I'd like people to make their own topics if they want to have a discussion. I don't want this to become a political topic.

Today's fact is a fact by a stretch This may just become a "whatever-mmm-is-thinking-about-today" thread). It's a quote by the English Statesman Winston Churchill, in response to a female reporter's condemnation for being drunk at a dinner party.

"I may be drunk Madam, but you are ugly. However, I will wake up sober in the morning."
Image For trying.

Return to “General Chat”