mmm's Fun Fact of Whenever I Feel Like It!

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
mmm
FWG Mod

Re: mmm's Fun Fact of the Day!

Postby mmm » 21 Aug 2012, 20:26

Well that last one was apparently a bomb. Back to videogames. I'm here to tell you Pokemon folks about the F.E.A.R strategy, where you can destroy a level 100 with a level 1 Rattatta or other weak pokemon.

You need:
1)a pokemon that knows quick attack and can learn endeavor (a Gold/Silver? Generation move that brings the enemy pokemon to the same health yours currently has [there may be some other identical move, I'm not sure about these later generations]
2)A focus sash (a Gold/Silver Generation item that leaves its holder at 1 health when it would be otherwise knocked out) or an equivalent trait (again, I think there may be some abilities that do this in the later pokemon games).

Here's the process:
1) Your friend chooses their level 100 Golem, and you throw out your Level 1 Rattatta. You choose the move Endeavor, he chooses the move Rock Slide or something. His move hits you first because the Golem has a much higher speed than your level 1. So his move hits and you drop to 1 HP, but don't faint because of the focus sash. You then use endeavor, and take Golem down to 1 HP as well.

2) Now, you use quick attack and hope their enemy Golem doesn't also know quick attack, or some other priority 1 attack like protect. You should attack first because quick attack always does so (again, unless it is faced by another priority one move) and make their Golem faint.

If you recognize someone trying the F.E.A.R strategy on you, you can defeat it in any number of ways, including: using a ghost pokemon, using a priority 1 move on the second move, having your pokemon hold leftovers (automatically replenishes a little bit of health for the holding pokemon), poisoning the opponent, or using a move like sandstorm.

Anyway, I hope you guys can use this strategy to beat the elite four, or perhaps make a bet with a friend that if you can beat their level 100 Slowbro with a level 1 Rattatta, they'll give it to you.
Image For trying.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 23 Aug 2012, 00:18

Back to simple facts!

Forest fires are often seen as horrible incidents involving the complete destruction of a forest. However, certain plants depend on forest fires to multiply! Here's why:

In a very basic deciduous forest ecosystem, and in all forests, life is a race to get to the top, for that is where the light is. The larger trees, like redwoods make up a canopy and absorb the majority of the light. The remaining light filters down to the next layer of smaller trees, then to even smaller trees and bushes etc.

By the time you reach the forest floor, there is hardly any light yet, which makes life for plants not adapted to low levels nearly impossible. A redwood seedling would be choked out in all the undergrowth of plants adapted to low light.

So the undergrowth eventually catches fire, from a lightning or a carelessly thrown cigarette butt. The generally dry undergrowth catches fire quickly and leaves nothing but some of the taller trees. Then the magic happens. The redwood seeds that have fallen to the ground laid dormant until after the fire. Then, they sprout up with nothing to inhibit them from growing into the canopy.

Bonus fact! Oftentimes, people are blamed as the leading cause of forest fires. But did you know trees are the real leading cause of forest fires? Well now you do! Tell a friend! Show off your smarts at an enviro-thon!
Image For trying.

ParkeC
FWG freebooter

Postby ParkeC » 23 Aug 2012, 00:22

Interesting!

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 24 Aug 2012, 05:36

Right, so planarians are these awesome (non-parisitic) flat worms that live in wet or aquatic environments that can range in size from tiny to longer than your hand.

Aside from their creepy/cool appearance, these things have an amazing ability to regenerate. If you split these suckers right down the middle, the two other sides will grow a new side. If you split them horizontally, the side with a brain will grow it's tail back.

I apologize if my story lacks luster, I'm busy again. I'll think of new cool things easily once I get in school.
Image For trying.

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Postby Dr Frook » 24 Aug 2012, 05:39

ooooh cool
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 24 Aug 2012, 12:57

You could make your own army of Flat Worms...

Time to conquer the world! :twisted:

supergamerGirlDD
FWG Mod

Postby supergamerGirlDD » 26 Aug 2012, 16:03

i will totaly use that pokemon stragity on my lil sis XD

its nice to know that flat worm isnt paracitic lol pretty cool.
can't i just draw and drink coffee in peace :D
don't make the kitty mad <(*w*)>

dankness75
FWG Mod

Postby dankness75 » 26 Aug 2012, 17:19

Best training in pokemon games is "EV" meaning "Effort Value". This basically takes time but is worth it. If you ever played pokemon, you would notice that if you fight different pokemon, you get different stat points which are effort values. You guys should search EV training up in google and they wil explain better than me.

Best Mewtwo in the world for me is:
1. Psystrike
2. Aura sphere
3. Dragon pulse
4. Flame thrower

This way, the super effective pokemons are no use, haha. Bugs will get beaten by flamethrower(or any other powerful fire move) Dark pokes aurasphere. Mewtwo is fast so that's the biggest advantage with his special attack.

Temporary is one word which describes a persons life.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 27 Aug 2012, 04:50

Sorry, mmm has been colleging and stuff so he's busy. Here's a fun fact about the president of my university. He is a retired 4-star general who was the commandment of the marines for several decades, and is occasionally flown to D.C for advice on making panels. Well, one week last year, the General goes up to D.C for "unfinished business." The next week, Osama Bin Laden is killed, after which the General returns home.

Coincidence? I think not.
Image For trying.

Gyro_Plasma
FWG Squire

Postby Gyro_Plasma » 27 Aug 2012, 04:51

Common pokemon knowledge pew
Is it correct to face reality when your only option is to hide yourself from the world

Return to “General Chat”