Proof That Modern Pop Artists Can Sing.

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
16hockjo
FWG Chat Mod

Re: Proof That Modern Pop Artists Can Sing.

Postby 16hockjo » 01 Sep 2012, 18:58

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
16hockjo wrote:EVEN AMATEUR MAGICIANS DEVOTE THEIR LIFE, SHADOW. It's not an uncommon thing to do!

Thought we were talking about music, not silly magic tricks. Music is much more complicated and Sophisticated than so called "magic". It takes more time, effort, talent, performance, ideals, and money to make music into what you want it to be. .-.

All Magic is, is worthless eye tricks on the audience.

I mean to put musicians :S Magic ain't reel.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 01 Sep 2012, 20:39

Sylvia
FWG Mod

Postby Sylvia » 02 Sep 2012, 16:46

Shadowstar1922 wrote:http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=wfWbydUWcxY

That doesn't greatly help your case.
Problems with Medals, Quizzes or other activities - PM me here!

Image FWG Award for Heart of Gold

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 02 Sep 2012, 16:56

Lucky Ducky wrote:

This perfectly shows that Lady Gaga can sing. Each part, she shows amazing vocals. It does help my point. :/

Sylvia
FWG Mod

Postby Sylvia » 02 Sep 2012, 17:04

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
Lucky Ducky wrote:

This perfectly shows that Lady Gaga can sing. Each part, she shows amazing vocals. It does help my point. :/

Shouting isn't amazing vocals...

She's not a bad singer, simply not the best. Nobody is saying she can't sing. Nobody is saying she isn't a good performer. Simply not the best.

The only relatively impressive example of her vocals are here:

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 02 Sep 2012, 17:24

Look, i'm not trying to be mean, but if you thought all those vocals in the video i showed were screaming, you need hearing aids. The only one where she screamed was the two You and I performances, and Born this way dance performance, and maybe, the Paparazzi acoustic. And even then, she still shows amazing vocal abilities.

The hair, and edge of glory vocals were her best, and they were amazing. The rest, were her normal vocals she does in most performances, which are still amazing.

the Poker Face Cherry Tree version is kinda of nothing comapred to the Hair, and Edge of Glory vocals.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ne2kRxUwndo <---- This is a completely better version of Poker Face acoustic.

You don't know vocals apprently. :|

Sylvia
FWG Mod

Postby Sylvia » 02 Sep 2012, 18:08

Of course she wasn't shouting the whole time. I never implied that, simply that some parts of her vocal range are not accessed using good technique, which can result in a rougher, more coarse, "shouty" sound to them. I'll explain a little further.

All singers (everyone, technically) have a vocal range. This vocal range is the defining boundaries of what you can comfortably sing in. I, for example, have a vocal range of D3-C6 (Mezzo-soprano, if you are curious). Above or below this is uncomfortable and can damage my voice. Gaga also has a vocal range. When she reaches higher notes, her voice can sound raspy and rough. This is damaging to her voice. It is due to singing outside her range. When she is within her range, she has a theatrical voice that certainly does the job.

The reason I find she cannot be placed among the classic female singers such as Mariah, Whitney is that she does not understand her voice completely. Within her true range, she has a capable voice. The only problem is with her raspy quality - admired by some - as it can be damaging. It may be an issue she is working on, it takes months, years to expand a true vocal range (rather than pushing a falsetto) or it may be an unfixable issue she is gambling with.

I'll repeat it again - she is a capable singer, talented - within her range. She is more of an actor than a singer, but still, capable, just not as understanding of her own voice as the modern greats.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 02 Sep 2012, 23:58

And by the time she'll get to actually make it expanding her vocal range and all, we'll all be arguing about the new pop talent and his/her capability.
See, I will honestly respect lady gaga if she keeps this up for 20 more years.
After that I'll Admit she was one of the greatest pop singers. And by keep this up i mean continue whatever she's supposed to be doing for 20 more years.
But chances are she'll disappear in 3 years max.

Return to “General Chat”