Presidential Election?

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!

Who will win the presidential election 2012

Poll ended at 11 Dec 2012, 03:03

Democratic- Obama
50%
Republican- Romney
33%
They both need work
17%

Total votes: 12

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Re: Presidential Election?

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 14 Oct 2012, 10:09

Wow... I am so freaking surpised, on how, A LOT of people think 4 years can solve 15 trillion dollars in debt. It amazes me on how some poeple truely think that.

Loook, when Obama was elected president, he was elected right during the major downfall of our economy. He couldn't do much to stop it. So, he had to do some spending and increase the debt to save the country basically. The point is, he's done numerous reforms to slow down spending.

Aaand, the majority of money spent during Obama's term was actually decided by Congres itself. Obama can't sign off every little payment the country has to do for everything, so Congress ultimately decides on it's own. The President, however agrees to major spending that will affect the country greatly, or he gives propositions on where we should spend some money.

but, majority of the money during Obama's presidency was actually decided by Congress itself, and spent by Congress. The President spends no money whatsoever. it's all Congress.

It's only logical that during the major downfall of a country's economy, that they get into further debt, their dollar's value decreases, and their government gets out of shape.

It still stuns me so many people can think a man can fix the country of 15 trillion dollars in debt in just 4 years. It's utterly impossible. When Mexico was in debt in 1994, it took them about, almost 2 decades for them to get out of it. And, their debt wasn't even close to America's debt. Mexico has about half of America's workforce. It's gonna take America more than 4 simple years to change it, and even by the time Obama's possible second term is up, we'd still be in debt, just not as as we used to be.

Republicans believe in the reforms and actions that drove America into the debt, and Democrats believe in the reforms in actions to save the economy, as well as benefit the people.

meiguorach
FWG Duke

Postby meiguorach » 14 Oct 2012, 11:47

Shadowstar1922 wrote:Wow... I am so freaking surpised, on how, A LOT of people think 4 years can solve 15 trillion dollars in debt. It amazes me on how some poeple truely think that.

Loook, when Obama was elected president, he was elected right during the major downfall of our economy. He couldn't do much to stop it. So, he had to do some spending and increase the debt to save the country basically. The point is, he's done numerous reforms to slow down spending.

Aaand, the majority of money spent during Obama's term was actually decided by Congres itself. Obama can't sign off every little payment the country has to do for everything, so Congress ultimately decides on it's own. The President, however agrees to major spending that will affect the country greatly, or he gives propositions on where we should spend some money.

but, majority of the money during Obama's presidency was actually decided by Congress itself, and spent by Congress. The President spends no money whatsoever. it's all Congress.

It's only logical that during the major downfall of a country's economy, that they get into further debt, their dollar's value decreases, and their government gets out of shape.

It still stuns me so many people can think a man can fix the country of 15 trillion dollars in debt in just 4 years. It's utterly impossible. When Mexico was in debt in 1994, it took them about, almost 2 decades for them to get out of it. And, their debt wasn't even close to America's debt. Mexico has about half of America's workforce. It's gonna take America more than 4 simple years to change it, and even by the time Obama's possible second term is up, we'd still be in debt, just not as as we used to be.

Republicans believe in the reforms and actions that drove America into the debt, and Democrats believe in the reforms in actions to save the economy, as well as benefit the people.

lol, I never said that 4 years would fix the problem of our debt. However, it could have gone without getting more into debt. There was no need for that. If we don't have the money to spend, we shouldn't try spending it. Judging by his spending habits, I'm pretty certain that if Obama gets elected for a second term, by the end of it, we'll be even more in debt. Btw, China is loving that we're in debt to them.

And just what reforms and actions drove America into debt?? Driving our country more into debt isn't an act of saving the economy. And simply giving away money to the people definitely isn't benefiting them. Funding different things for the people isn't benefiting them either, as eventually, their taxes will have to be raised in order to pay off the debt our country owes.
Image FWG Award for Destined to be Famous

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 14 Oct 2012, 19:40

Im Democratic... wonder how Mitt will act thou..will he be another Bush Jr.
I've lost my pieces.

meiguorach
FWG Duke

Postby meiguorach » 15 Oct 2012, 00:17

Lamb wrote:Im Democratic... wonder how Mitt will act thou..will he be another Bush Jr.

While I don't agree with many of the things Bush did, he was not completely bad. And I would take him any day over Obama.

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 15 Oct 2012, 10:40

meiguorach wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:Wow... I am so freaking surpised, on how, A LOT of people think 4 years can solve 15 trillion dollars in debt. It amazes me on how some poeple truely think that.

lol, I never said that 4 years would fix the problem of our debt. However, it could have gone without getting more into debt. There was no need for that. If we don't have the money to spend, we shouldn't try spending it. Judging by his spending habits, I'm pretty certain that if Obama gets elected for a second term, by the end of it, we'll be even more in debt. Btw, China is loving that we're in debt to them.

And just what reforms and actions drove America into debt?? Driving our country more into debt isn't an act of saving the economy. And simply giving away money to the people definitely isn't benefiting them. Funding different things for the people isn't benefiting them either, as eventually, their taxes will have to be raised in order to pay off the debt our country owes.

I can tell that you didn't read everything I said. XD

the President doesn't spend ANY MONEY WHATSOEVER! Congress does. The President proposes things to be spent on, but a majority of money spent is decided by Congress alone.

And, if America didn't keep spending money and going into more debt, the nation would've fallen apart and the Government would've broken up. The spent money was used to keep the country together. If certain things weren't spent on, then the country would slowly fall apart to where everything the Government needs to maintain and spend, would not be spent on.

When a country is in the major downfall of debt, what happens? They get into more debt. It's impossible, for when a country enters the major downfall of their economy, that they don't get into any more debt. That wouldn't be the major downfall. That'd be the recovery. But since Obama was elected in the beginning of the major downfall, he couldn't really do anything to solve it.

If America didn't keep going into debt, and not get anymore money to keep spending on every little thing the Government needs to maintain, the nation would've fallen apart.

And, Why would you pick Bush over Obama? Obama never got us into any wars. Bush put us in the Iraq war over no reason. And that slowly costs more and more money to the point where we went into economic recession and debt.

I'm sure on Obama's second election, we'll start to move into a recovery.

EDIT: And, China is also in debt, and one of the countries China is in debt to, is America, as well as other nations. China is expected to be in debt, about 24 trillion yuan, equal to 3.7 trillion US Dollars by the end of 2012.
Almost every country is in debt with another, which large amounts of money in debt. 2005-2008, almost every single country went into some sort of economic recession, and only a few have yet to recover from it.

meiguorach
FWG Duke

Postby meiguorach » 15 Oct 2012, 13:23

Shadowstar1922 wrote:
meiguorach wrote:

I can tell that you didn't read everything I said. XD

the President doesn't spend ANY MONEY WHATSOEVER! Congress does. The President proposes things to be spent on, but a majority of money spent is decided by Congress alone.

And, if America didn't keep spending money and going into more debt, the nation would've fallen apart and the Government would've broken up. The spent money was used to keep the country together. If certain things weren't spent on, then the country would slowly fall apart to where everything the Government needs to maintain and spend, would not be spent on.

When a country is in the major downfall of debt, what happens? They get into more debt. It's impossible, for when a country enters the major downfall of their economy, that they don't get into any more debt. That wouldn't be the major downfall. That'd be the recovery. But since Obama was elected in the beginning of the major downfall, he couldn't really do anything to solve it.

If America didn't keep going into debt, and not get anymore money to keep spending on every little thing the Government needs to maintain, the nation would've fallen apart.

And, Why would you pick Bush over Obama? Obama never got us into any wars. Bush put us in the Iraq war over no reason. And that slowly costs more and more money to the point where we went into economic recession and debt.

I'm sure on Obama's second election, we'll start to move into a recovery.

EDIT: And, China is also in debt, and one of the countries China is in debt to, is America, as well as other nations. China is expected to be in debt, about 24 trillion yuan, equal to 3.7 trillion US Dollars by the end of 2012.
Almost every country is in debt with another, which large amounts of money in debt. 2005-2008, almost every single country went into some sort of economic recession, and only a few have yet to recover from it.

Even if the President doesn't spend the money with his own two hands, he still has a lot of influence. He kinda has to, being the President and all. ;) And Obama is very good at making speeches. I can't say he's done as good in following through on his promises.

Spending money on what, exactly, Shadow? Obamacare? We can do without. "Loaning" money to other countries? How does that help our own economy? Planned Parenting? ...well, that's a topic for another forum, but let's just say I don't agree with it. The point is, nothing he's done has helped our economy. What does the government need to maintain?

And as for why I'd pick Bush over Obama, I am not against going to war when there is a need to. I definitely don't like that there is War, but I'm going to support our troops who were/are/will fight them. And I believe that we needed to fight this fight. He didn't put us in the war for no reason.

And yes, I know that China is in debt. But nobody is expecting China to pay it back, and China has no intention of doing so. Yes, every country is in some sort of debt; I realize that.

Whew... now, I think I'm gonna log off and take a break from politics for the evening. ;)

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 15 Oct 2012, 22:09

Ah. So you don't know countries, right?

in America, there are thousands of thigns that are needed to keep spending on. Such as budgets to indivusual Sates or cities, Government employees, taxes on importing goods, military upkeep, military soldiers/employees, military spending and so on. Each thing I just listed, and be broken down so far, and these aren't just it. EVery country has to spend money on it. Refusing to spend money just because you don't want to be in more debt, would be neglecting one or few or many of these very important things to the point where we pay even less, and we thus fall apart.

EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY spends money on a bunch of little things that gather up to be bigger, and more obvious. Planned Parenting hood, Obama Care aren't the only things. You should know that there are SO many other things a country must pay for.

Also, even though our country is a wreck in the economy, other countries need money more than we do, so i don't see how it's that bad to give money to poorer countries.

And, yes. almost all countries China is in debt, they are expecting China to pay it back. No one would give another country money, and just say, don't worry about it. Keep it. they'll want it back. XD

And, China does have intentions of repaying their debts back. They'll be idiodic if they think they'd get away with it. xD

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 15 Oct 2012, 22:25

Shadowstar1922 wrote:Ah. So you don't know countries, right?

in America, there are thousands of thigns that are needed to keep spending on. Such as budgets to indivusual Sates or cities, Government employees, taxes on importing goods, military upkeep, military soldiers/employees, military spending and so on. Each thing I just listed, and be broken down so far, and these aren't just it. EVery country has to spend money on it. Refusing to spend money just because you don't want to be in more debt, would be neglecting one or few or many of these very important things to the point where we pay even less, and we thus fall apart.

EVERY SINGLE COUNTRY spends money on a bunch of little things that gather up to be bigger, and more obvious. Planned Parenting hood, Obama Care aren't the only things. You should know that there are SO many other things a country must pay for.

Also, even though our country is a wreck in the economy, other countries need money more than we do, so i don't see how it's that bad to give money to poorer countries.

And, yes. almost all countries China is in debt, they are expecting China to pay it back. No one would give another country money, and just say, don't worry about it. Keep it. they'll want it back. XD

And, China does have intentions of repaying their debts back. They'll be idiodic if they think they'd get away with it. xD

Throwing money at poor countries isn't going to make a difference. More often than not, the cash will go to the super rich who are exploiting the average citizen's labor rather than the individuals in need.

China is not that simple. China wants to collect their cash, but doing so would bankrupt the countries that borrow from them and prevent them from paying in full. And any countries that still owe China money shouldn't expect to get it back, as China is and has been a major "cheater" of the economic system. And they are still getting away with it.

I didn't read the rest of this thread and I don't think I want to...
Image For trying.

meiguorach
FWG Duke

Postby meiguorach » 16 Oct 2012, 00:21

mmm wrote:
Shadowstar1922 wrote:Ah. So you don't know countries, right?

Throwing money at poor countries isn't going to make a difference. More often than not, the cash will go to the super rich who are exploiting the average citizen's labor rather than the individuals in need.

China is not that simple. China wants to collect their cash, but doing so would bankrupt the countries that borrow from them and prevent them from paying in full. And any countries that still owe China money shouldn't expect to get it back, as China is and has been a major "cheater" of the economic system. And they are still getting away with it.

I didn't read the rest of this thread and I don't think I want to...

I'm Meiguorach, and I approve this message. ^ lol

you don't want to, mmm, lol...

Return to “General Chat”