Anonymous

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: Anonymous

Postby Dr Frook » 09 Mar 2013, 02:52

nah, too much paranoia gets in the way of living. Best be prepared for realistic possibilities, rather than focus on things that are not going to happen. On par with believing a zombie plague is imminent. I could be wrong, and I will eat my words as the zombies come to chew on my head, but I doubt it.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 09 Mar 2013, 20:32

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ErxgjJ7Dfbs&lc=4RsGWkLcjPEE3FHLv6bb3P49_hUGvTudCQhmNXERJBg

You were saying...?

Say you just happen to say the word "bomb". Now you've got a personal drone following you around, seeking everything you do.

How would you like that?

They could say "he's a terrorist, he said bomb" and just kill you. How would you enjoy THAT?
Image The "Most Likely to Become an Evil Genius" Frookie Winner
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 10 Mar 2013, 00:02

We live in one of the most free nations in the world and I am fine with the system of surveillance we have.

That said, if you've been following the news lately, the Justice Department said that the President does not have the authority to issue a kill order via a drone on an American citizen not engaged in warfare.
Image For trying.

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 10 Mar 2013, 00:15

I would like to add one little comment to this:

Recently a so called hacker has accused someone on here to be a pedophile.
While this person is completely innocent, said hacker did slander that person's name.

No apology has been offered.

Why do I post this on this topic?
While you guys are complaining that the government takes away freedom, puts in laws that make people guilty until proven innocent.
You actually do the same thing.

There were no warrants involved, no approval from a government agency sanctioned to do so, no red tape, everything was done illegally.
Yet the person who did this is also protesting these laws you speak of.

Talking about double standards eh...

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 10 Mar 2013, 01:44

mmm wrote:We live in one of the most free nations in the world and I am fine with the system of surveillance we have.

That said, if you've been following the news lately, the Justice Department said that the President does not have the authority to issue a kill order via a drone on an American citizen not engaged in warfare.

The kill orders are not taken out via drone. Police officers, Military Personnel, and other people would carry out the kill order.

Hitokiri wrote: Why do I post this on this topic?
While you guys are complaining that the government takes away freedom, puts in laws that make people guilty until proven innocent.

There were no warrants involved, no approval from a government agency sanctioned to do so, no red tape, everything was done illegally.
Yet the person who did this is also protesting these laws you speak of.

No warrants - We cant get warrants. the Internet Police Department doesn't exist :P
Illegally done - Duh. Hackers hack, and hacking is considered illegal unless done ethically. So obviously the method of obtaining the information would be "illegal". However, I think it's more of a question of ethics than legality.
Same beliefs - many people share the same beliefs, they don't all do the same things or act the same way.

:)
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 10 Mar 2013, 02:23

paladin wrote:
mmm wrote:We live in one of the most free nations in the world and I am fine with the system of surveillance we have.

The kill orders are not taken out via drone. Police officers, Military Personnel, and other people would carry out the kill order.

I'll believe it when I hear of it.
Image For trying.

Hitokiri
FWG King

Postby Hitokiri » 10 Mar 2013, 08:52

paladin wrote:
Hitokiri wrote: Why do I post this on this topic?

No warrants - We cant get warrants. the Internet Police Department doesn't exist :P
Illegally done - Duh. Hackers hack, and hacking is considered illegal unless done ethically. So obviously the method of obtaining the information would be "illegal". However, I think it's more of a question of ethics than legality.
Same beliefs - many people share the same beliefs, they don't all do the same things or act the same way.

:)

What worries me the most is that you still consider spreading unverified information as the truth;
Based on a half arsed done "investigation" with countless errors in it, as ethical.

Let alone:
- still believing your own version of the twisted truth, long after the real truth has been found out, reported and confirmed.
- still spreading rumours because you still believe your own version of the truth
- not apologizing to the victim in this case.

It all has the tendency of a megalomaniac or a spoiled little brat.

And ethics is based on morals, yes they're individual.
Though the definition of what is ethical and unethical (moral/immoral) is made up by the majority of a society.

And the majority of the society believes your actions to be UNetchical.
(just like what the majority of a democracy believes what is legal/illegal)
Basically, all illegal things are considered not ethical really.

You are not above the law, even though you somehow consider yourself to be.

on another note: Pal's video reminded me of

to put it in your sense of words
#LossOfCredibility
#sensationalism

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 10 Mar 2013, 17:03

Hitokiri wrote:What worries me the most is that you still consider spreading unverified information as the truth;
Based on a half arsed done "investigation" with countless errors in it, as ethical.

Let alone:
- still believing your own version of the twisted truth, long after the real truth has been found out, reported and confirmed.
- still spreading rumours because you still believe your own version of the truth
- not apologizing to the victim in this case.

It all has the tendency of a megalomaniac or a spoiled little brat.

And ethics is based on morals, yes they're individual.
Though the definition of what is ethical and unethical (moral/immoral) is made up by the majority of a society.

And the majority of the society believes your actions to be UNetchical.
(just like what the majority of a democracy believes what is legal/illegal)
Basically, all illegal things are considered not ethical really.

You are not above the law, even though you somehow consider yourself to be.

on another note: Pal's video reminded me of

to put it in your sense of words
#LossOfCredibility
#sensationalism

I dont control what other people do. If you wish to argue manners with someone, argue with the perpetrator. :)
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

Shadowstar1922
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Shadowstar1922 » 10 Mar 2013, 22:37

FWG Leader wrote:
there is no way in hell that the US could take the internet offline. Not only would it screw the US itself, but the government would cease to operate if it happened. The US is not run by a dictatorship/emperor/despot etc. Regardless of what you think of the government, they are held accountable for their actions every day. They may do some underhanded things, but something major like this is never going to happen in our lifetimes.

Egypt is a third world country that is and has been extremely unstable for decades. There is no comparison at all.

"Regardless of what you think of the government, they are held accountable for their actions every day".

You do know that Congress deices everything that the United States spends. Congress has the ability to completely ignore the President's plan for spending if they want. The President can only SUGGEST what the country spends, but in the end it's decided by Congress completely. The President is just a puppet of Congress for economy, Congress forces and tells the President what to spend according to the American Constitution , and when Congress acts so shocked, and blames the President on over spending and putting the country in more debt, everyone looks at Congress.

@Anonymous supporters: If you're going to get pissy at the US Government, direct your hate at the US. Congress. Congress basically decides everything when it comes to economics and in the end, what laws are pasted.

Don't blame everything on the President. He gets blamed enough. :P

Though, Frook, good point at destroying the comparison between Egypt and America.

And now, I ish a random comment just jumping lol

Return to “General Chat”