This book..i hope it get published

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
Nudu
FWG Squire

This book..i hope it get published

Postby Nudu » 25 Oct 2014, 14:03

this is my book i have sen for publishing.they are still reviewin...so before they tell me their decision i decided to post it here.. I hope u enjoy it.. here goes the intro..

LIFE AND DEATH (temporary name)
Cancer
“Death is a new beginning…!”

Clara and Joana are best friends with two completely different personalities. However, their contrast of personalities is not capable of disturbing their strong bond of friendship. They trust each other for who they are.
The same best friends share one preference, one boy, Mike Watson. Who wants to make the sacrifice of their love?
Cortwales Middle School is in the competition to win the ‘best performance award’. Would the two best friends make it to the top together and perform to their best?
The dark secret that lingers around Clara is too dark for her to keep it hidden from that one person she calls ‘best friend’. How long will she be able to keep it a secret? Would ‘the leave’ swallow her soul completely and leave only her memories in the hearts of her beloved ones?
Hopes shattered, Dreams shared, Life unfair, Death unknown, Love unreachable…

A story of two different people, a dreadful secret, a strong bond of friendship and so many unanswered questions…

Keep on reading and reveal the secrets…

Nudu
FWG Squire

Re: This book..i hope it get published

Postby Nudu » 25 Oct 2014, 14:07

CLARA

Rolling back and forth on the bed, lazy to get up, feeling the wonderful day that waits to meet me. It is a warm sunny Sunday. Opening the window, I feel the warmth of the sun wrap its glistening fingers over my skin. I breathe in the fresh air that could soothe anyone within. “It is going to be a great day,” I think.
“NO! YOU TWO DON’T EVEN THINK ABOUT TOUCHING THAT VASE,” screams Mom somewhere downstairs.
“Oh yeah it is going to be a great day,” I murmur to myself. It is not a new thing for me. Always there is ‘the shouting’. Wonderful or not always there is this shouting. I refer ‘the shouting’ to the argument between Mom and my twin siblings.
Actually, I was not supposed to have twins as my siblings. What really happened was:
As a child, I always wished for a sibling. I did not want to remain the only child in the family. Anyone would have understood my excitement when I came to realize that Mom was pregnant when I was nine. After the scanning test approved that Mom was expecting a boy Dad and I were excited beyond words. We were like lunatics trying to purchase all the best of things for our little new family guy.
That one particular day when my neighbor came to pick me up, I knew that the best thing of my life was on the way in a little place called ‘Labour Room’.
From the moment, we arrived at the hospital I could not stand still. My whole body was shaking with excitement. Finally, after hours of curious waiting a nurse came out and said that I could go in. When I opened that door –which I felt I had to depend on for my future – I just did not truly know that I was going to get a real surprise than I expected. It was not a brother who was going to surprise me but a brother and a sister –twins and that was not the end of all the shocking incidents.
After a few months’ time everything was going wrong—awesome to worst. Each night my hours of sleeping were minimized for only around 5 hours. I had to wake up in the middle of the night to the impossible-to-tolerate wailings of the siblings. This went on for few months. They seemed to earn all the attention which kept me busy being jealous. Being the only child for the first ten years of my life meant that I had little worry. They gave me all the attention but after my siblings were born I felt as if they have stolen them away from me [I know it is a selfish thought but I was only ten].
After three years of burden, I expected a little break but what really happened was that my siblings were turning out to be more mischievous by each second they grew up. They really enjoyed destroying my things and tearing up my assignments. After my continuous complaints Dad decided to give me a room of my own and for a certain extent the problem was solved.
I think most of all it was too hard for Mom especially after Dad had to go to work after the first 2 months. She really love us all the same but as for she has a quick temper she gets furious at times. It is the best to avoid a Fast and Furious Mom [when she is around my siblings she really makes fast moves such as quick catches of all the China my siblings push down the cabinet]. Nevertheless, my twin siblings certainly think it is fun to be around a furious Mom. Therefore, they really love seeing Mom angry and this ended up in an everyday argument. Therefore, Dad and I named it ‘the shouting’.
After the birth of my siblings, certainly many things changed in our lives. My Mom is always in a range and my Dad had taken up a silent mood in his life.
By the minute, ‘the shouting’ is turning into ‘the screaming’. I get ready and hurry down the stairway to the kitchen which rather looked like a battlefield [may be the war ground looks even better]. The dining table looks horrifying. The honey is spilt everywhere. There are bits of cereal everywhere and milk poured all over the place. It was not new to me but it always keeps on shocking me how things can completely turn into hell within a time span of a few hours. As usual, my Dad is sitting in the far side of the kitchen reading the daily newspaper. I greet my busy family good morning. Dad looks up from his paper and greets cheerfully though I know that he is so very irritated about ‘the shouting’. Mom on the other hand greets me continuing her argument, “I WON’T BUY YOU BOTH ANYTHING ANYMORE Good Morning Clara! YOU BOTH ARE SUCH NAUGHTY BABIES…”
I would not make any more conversation with my Mom when she is in her I-am-a-furious-and-flaming-mommy mood. However, it is the opposite for my siblings. They love to annoy Mom. They especially want the fire out of her. Sometimes it is very funny but at other times, it is better not to involve.
I open the messed up refrigerator. I dig through and find the smashed up cereal box. I carefully pick up a chair—milk or honey-proof—and eat my breakfast silently.
Looking at the clock, the time read 09:50. The hands of the clock seem to be telling me something but I could not put my finger to what exactly it is. I turn back to my breakfast. Then with a flash, I remember what exactly I am supposed to do. With a sudden swish, my head turns back to the clock then I remember “JOANA!”
I run out to the garden, picking up my bicycle, I ride the fastest I can to the mall. There, standing on the sideway is Joana. With her red wavy hair blowing in the wind and her face all red, she definitely looks angry as a devil.
Joana Ellsworth [Jo for me] has been my best friend since year three. She was so different from others but definitely, she is just right for me. If I describe as one of the glamour girls, I do not think I am wrong. Anyone could ask her anything about the new clothing, the cosmetics, or the brand new trends onboard and she knows everything about all of it. She has a fair complexion with little pink blushes in her cheeks [that of course, when she is happy] which makes her red hair fit in well. She has beautiful black pearl eyes.
At times when I am around her, I feel like I do not fit in with her. I am very simple and I have no idea of how to use make-up exclusively or how this trend of fashion works. Any way both of us get on well with each other and I am happy about that. Being the best friend of a popular student in the school is a big challenge for me. Joana unlike me is so very active. She is very good at sports and is one of the students who get the highest marks and all that. In the other hand, me, I am just one of the simplest or in other words I can be referred to as a nerd- looking-girl-hanging-in-the-corners-of-the library-stuck-with-a-book.
She looks at me as if she has turned into a statue. I sense that anger within her I try to break it, “Well, Jo, I think it is double the boil in here. Wait a second… You are steaming. Oh-ah you are going to explode. Hurry up! We need to buy an ice-cream to put off this fire.” [Okay, I know I am not good at cracking good jokes]
There is not a hint of a smile in her face. That means she is very angry. An angry Joana is not a good sight. Sensing my unsuccessful attempt to break her mood, I admit in head down, “Sorry Joana, I am very sorry. I know you are very angry. I could not help it. I overslept. I was way too tired.”
I raise my head and look into her face from the corner of my eyes. I can definitely say that her angry mood is now ceased. Suddenly, as if she was never angry she pulls me into the mall. For I know what Joana is like, I straight myself and we walk into the mall hand in hand together.
When we go into the mall, the whole place is crowded. Joana excuses and retreats to the washroom [most probably to fix her makeup]. I go over to take a seat in the main hall of the mall. Without my knowledge, my eyes rover around, searching for a particular ‘someone’. That ‘someone’ is no other than Mike Watson.
Mike Watson and I have been best friends even before we started kindergarten. Actually, we came to know each other as family friends. Mike’s parents and mine have known each other when they were in high school. It is unbelievable that a friendship from high school lasted this long that their children turned out to be friends too [guess that it was way too strong than one can imagine]. Though I said that we have been best friends, unlike the strong bond between my parents and his, our friendship did not last long. Once we came to our teens, with no actual reason we parted [or maybe there is a certain reason that I rather prefer not to bring into light of knowledge]. It is just that we went on our own paths and met new people; had new dreams and we forgot that silver string of bond between us. Not that the string was broken —just we forgot it but still hidden somewhere deep down within each other.
When I talk of Mike one thing I will never forget is that, I had a crush on him. Not had I still have it. Maybe it is more than a crush. Maybe it is that one thing that everyone calls, “Love”. I do not know but every place in Cortwales haunts the memories of our teeny-weeny childhood. Especially the Cortwales Center Mall, which used to be our favorite hanging out place. Our true friendship is a real bond that can never be removed from memory. Mostly the Corner Ice-cream Parlor where we used to celebrate every day we achieve.

Nudu
FWG Squire

Re: This book..i hope it get published

Postby Nudu » 25 Oct 2014, 14:11

Therefore, when flipping back through mind book of memories of the past it is no big deal that I had a crush on him. I wish I had enough strength, enough courage to admit it to him but it seems impossible, who knows what he has on his mind. Maybe he just does not remember the memories we shared or me anymore. Maybe he does not want to embarrass himself talking or hanging out with me. Either way – to me — it is a bond with a tug from only one side.
My eyes are always curious. They search things faster than I think they can search. Just there, near the fountain that flows inside the mall I see him with a group of his friends. He is having an awesome time with his friends. His smile is the one that really got all the girls drooling over him. “Maybe, just maybe, I should try to talk to him,” I think. I stand up with all my courage but hopelessly my mind once again discourages me. I think, “This is not the right time. Maybe the fact is that he does not remember me. What would his friends think of me? No, this isn’t my time.”
Even if I had changed my mind, I would not have it because just then Joana returned from the washroom [so this concludes that I have not told her about Mike at all, “just family friends and best pal in the kindergarten” that is what I told her and nothing more].
She completely has no idea that I have a crush on him neither do I want her to know. I am sure that she would feel that it is a completely idiotic idea but I know it is the truth. I have no idea whether he likes me or not or even he remembers me. It had been a real long time since we had a proper conversation. There seems no reason why he should remember me. We have only been the primary year friends.
I watch her as she makes her way to me. There seems to be a difference on her face. Was it just my imagination? Did I see her eyes twinkle? Did I see a satisfied heart melted smile on her lips? [That always happens when she sees a guy she has a crush on]. She does not make a move to tell me anything more than, “Shopping time!”and neither do I ask. Nevertheless, I know there is more than that.

Return to “General Chat”