10 things we didnt know last week.

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
User avatar
Dr Frook
FWG Mod
Posts: 9039
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 05:35
Fr00k$: 3889.70
Location: freaksville
Contact:

10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Dr Frook » 05 Jan 2015, 21:33

Week 1

1. Raisa Gorbachev sent the UK agriculture minister a book of 500 potato recipes.

2. Breaking Bad is the show people most often lie about having watched.

3. There are only seven surviving skeletons of the quagga - a cousin of the zebra that became extinct in 1883.

4. Women are now rarely described as "blonde" or "sexy" in conversation.

5. The threat of being eaten doesn't deter dumpling squid from having sex.

6. Jamie Oliver turned down a role in the Hobbit.

7. It costs £300 to operate on a constipated goldfish.

8. Churchill's future sister-in-law wrote to him in 1907 warning him not to become a Muslim.

9. Eating a menu composed of dishes cooked with alcohol in them can push you over the legal drink driving limit.

10. TV comedy Miranda elicited a complaint that the show was biased against tall women.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!
Image

User avatar
Flobalob
FWG Mod
Posts: 1056
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 19:12
Fr00k$: 734.80
Location: In a toaster. Long story.
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Flobalob » 05 Jan 2015, 23:00

FWG Leader wrote:Raisa Gorbachev sent the UK agriculture minister a book of 500 potato recipes.

Thrilling.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

User avatar
Dr Frook
FWG Mod
Posts: 9039
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 05:35
Fr00k$: 3889.70
Location: freaksville
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Dr Frook » 07 Jan 2015, 20:45

yeah this weeks sucked - hopefully next week will be much more thrilling
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!
Image

User avatar
Dr Frook
FWG Mod
Posts: 9039
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 05:35
Fr00k$: 3889.70
Location: freaksville
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Dr Frook » 10 Jan 2015, 20:31

this weeks is better:

1. Lions enjoy chewing discarded Christmas trees.

2. Barack Obama calls David Cameron "bro".

3. Benedict Cumberbatch and King Richard III are third cousins, 16 times removed.

4. Parts of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, upstate New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and nearly all of Maine and Minnesota were colder than Mars on Thursday.

5. There is little international trade in onions - about 90% are consumed in their country of origin.

6. Islamic State levies a 50% tax rate.

7. The virus behind the common cold is much happier in a cold nose.

8. Justin Bieber supports Everton.

9. Half of the world's pigs live in China.

10. The Queen once gave former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond a successful horse racing tip.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!
Image

User avatar
Flobalob
FWG Mod
Posts: 1056
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 19:12
Fr00k$: 734.80
Location: In a toaster. Long story.
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Flobalob » 11 Jan 2015, 19:07

FWG Leader wrote:this weeks is better:

1. Lions enjoy chewing discarded Christmas trees.

2. Barack Obama calls David Cameron "bro".

3. Benedict Cumberbatch and King Richard III are third cousins, 16 times removed.

4. Parts of Illinois, Indiana, Michigan, Montana, New Hampshire, upstate New York, North Dakota, Ohio, Pennsylvania, Vermont, Washington, Wisconsin, and nearly all of Maine and Minnesota were colder than Mars on Thursday.

5. There is little international trade in onions - about 90% are consumed in their country of origin.

6. Islamic State levies a 50% tax rate.

7. The virus behind the common cold is much happier in a cold nose.

8. Justin Bieber supports Everton.

9. Half of the world's pigs live in China.

10. The Queen once gave former Scottish First Minister Alex Salmond a successful horse racing tip.

These are all awesome.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

User avatar
Dr Frook
FWG Mod
Posts: 9039
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 05:35
Fr00k$: 3889.70
Location: freaksville
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Dr Frook » 21 Jan 2015, 19:59

this week:

1. The US National Security Agency used to have a Clown Club for staff members.


2. There is a deep sea snail named after Joe Strummer.


3. Main characters are more likely to die in children's cartoons than in films for adults.


4. The origins of Monopoly go back decades earlier than previously thought to the Landlord's Game, patented in 1904 by the feminist Lizzie Magie. It had a square board with nine rectangular spaces on each side between corners labelled "Go to Jail" and "Public Park".


5. There is more water locked deep within the Earth's crust than previously thought - at about 11 million cubic kilometres it's more than all the world's rivers, swamps and lakes put together.


6. The Star Wars character Han Solo was partly based on Francis Ford Coppola.


7. The late Liberal Party leader Jeremy Thorpe had a long-running fantasy about marrying Princess Margaret.


8. Christingle started in Germany in 1747 but didn't reach the UK until 1968.


9. The three escapees whose story was told in the movie Escape From Alcatraz (and who were never found) could have survived if they set off after midnight but before 01:00.


10. Arctic ground squirrels hasten the release of greenhouse gases.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!
Image

User avatar
Flobalob
FWG Mod
Posts: 1056
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 19:12
Fr00k$: 734.80
Location: In a toaster. Long story.
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Flobalob » 22 Jan 2015, 17:20

FWG Leader wrote:10. Arctic ground squirrels hasten the release of greenhouse gases.

Damn squirrels, ruining everything.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

User avatar
Dr Frook
FWG Mod
Posts: 9039
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 05:35
Fr00k$: 3889.70
Location: freaksville
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Dr Frook » 23 Jan 2015, 19:25

Flobalob wrote:
FWG Leader wrote:10. Arctic ground squirrels hasten the release of greenhouse gases.

Damn squirrels, ruining everything.


exactly, I suggest we eat them all before its too late.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!
Image

User avatar
Flobalob
FWG Mod
Posts: 1056
Joined: 14 Oct 2012, 19:12
Fr00k$: 734.80
Location: In a toaster. Long story.
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Flobalob » 24 Jan 2015, 13:29

FWG Leader wrote:
Flobalob wrote:
FWG Leader wrote:10. Arctic ground squirrels hasten the release of greenhouse gases.

Damn squirrels, ruining everything.


exactly, I suggest we eat them all before its too late.

Feed them to the Bugblatter Beast of Traal.
September Quiz - 2ndImage
October Contest - 2ndImage
Official most likely to become the new Kim Kardashian - Image#Betterthanyou

User avatar
Dr Frook
FWG Mod
Posts: 9039
Joined: 28 Aug 2009, 05:35
Fr00k$: 3889.70
Location: freaksville
Contact:

Re: 10 things we didnt know last week.

Postby Dr Frook » 02 Feb 2015, 20:44

this week I present:

1. An egg can be unboiled.

2. Dutch babies smile, laugh and enjoy cuddling more than their US counterparts.

3. There are four different ways to pronounce diplodocus, and the way children say it is probably more technically correct than the academics' preferred method.

4. Toilet paper is getting smaller.

5. TV crime dramas are good for the brain.

6. The athletic performance of early risers peaks at noon.

7. Manot Cave in Israel is the most likely contender for the location where humans and Neanderthals first had sex.

8. Malawi's national football team was briefly coached by a 17-year-old from Colchester.

9. Baby chickens associate low and high numbers with left and right, respectively.

10. In 2004, 24% of households in China owned a fridge. Ten years later this had shot up to 88%.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!
Image


Return to “General Chat”

Who is online

Users browsing this forum: No registered users and 1 guest