This made me laugh

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

This made me laugh

Postby Dr Frook » 24 Jan 2016, 21:58

Passerby steals car keys of alleged robbers, chases them from Gold Coast scene

A passerby has disrupted an attempted robbery on Queensland's Gold Coast by stealing the keys to the getaway car before chasing the suspects from the scene.

"That funny moment when you're walking into the servo and an unidentifiable car shows up, they broke into Oportos, while they were in there I stole the keys to the car," James Ross-Munro posted on Facebook.

Mr Ross-Munro had stopped outside a service station at Arundel due to a broken thong. He and his friend Kane Wiblen saw two men jump out of a white Commodore with no numberplates and allegedly break into the restaurant.

Mr Wiblen had begun filming the thong when they spotted the car, and continued filming throughout the incident.

He posted the video to Facebook, saying: "Nothing says an awesome Friday like beers, mates, laughs, oh and this burger shop robbery gone to shit. Interesting night to say the least!"

Mr Ross-Munro took the car keys then shouted for service station staff to call the police.

When the alleged robbers returned to the car, the driver realised the keys had been taken and ran away. The second man got into the front passenger seat and closed the door.

Mr Ross-Munro jumped into the car through the driver's door towards the passenger, who then jumped out of the car.

Mr Ross-Munro then chased them both down the road.

"I chased them but because I'm fat they got away haha," he posted.

Mr Wiblen's video of the incident has passed 1.6 million views on Facebook, and both it and Mr Ross-Munro's post have attracted numerous comments saying they are heroes.

Gold Coast police confirmed the incident on Saturday and said they had a 23-year-old man in custody.

Queensland Premier Annastacia Palaszczuk urged civilians to let the police do their job.

"I don't want to see any individuals putting their lives, their safety at risk," she said.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Return to “General Chat”