discussions about my (soon-to-come) drawing tablet!

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!

What Skills Should I Work On First?

Look into anatomy for females and males!
26%
Learn how to draw from different perspectives!
22%
Learn how to draw different poses!
4%
Learn how to color and shade!
22%
Learn how to draw landscapes/sceneries/everyday things!
13%
Learn helpful techniques!
13%

Total votes: 23

Avereeni
The All Powerful FWGER

discussions about my (soon-to-come) drawing tablet!

Postby Avereeni » 15 Oct 2016, 20:58

Hey!

For a while now, I've been discussing with everyone about my drawing tablet and what I plan on working on with it. I said sometime in August that I would get my drawing tablet around the end of August or the beginning of September. Unfortunately, I didn't get it as soon as I thought I would.

However, my Mom and Dad did tell me that I would definitely receive my drawing tablet sometime around the end of October or the beginning of November. If all else fails, possibly in December or around Christmas. I can guarantee that I will receive my drawing tablet this year, so hooray for good news!

~ What I Need To Prioritize ~

There are a few things I'd like to talk about relating to my tablet. In the past, I've talked about commissions, projects, and even a potential comic for the community with other members. However, there are a few things I'll need to invest in and look into in order to provide the best of the best for the community.

For the drawing tablet and programs specifically, I'll need to...
- Dig out the serial code for CSP (the program I mainly used)/re-buy it entirely if I can't find the code
- Look into several art programs and figure out which ones I'll use and which one I'll use frequently
- Buy a color calibrator that maintains the quality of the tablet and its color
- Familiarize myself with all the mechanics and options that come with the programs I'll use (especially CSP)
- Possibly look into animation
- Make personalized brush sets based on my preferences for sketching/painting
- Find a good streaming program that will let me stream without any major lags

The things listed above are most if not all of the things I'll need to consider once I get my tablet and not before. There are a few things I'll need to look into in order to provide even more of my talent for the community.

For my skills and drawing in general, I'll need to...
- Look into anatomy and understand every bit of it for both females and males (something I'm exceeded at at the moment)
- Learn how to draw from different perspectives and how to draw different poses
- Learn how to color properly according to colors, as well as learning how to shade
- Learn not only how to draw people, but how to draw landscapes, scenery, everyday things, etc.
- Understand certain techniques that come with drawing
- And even more!

All the things listed are what I believe to be essential for my investment in the community. Beforehand, I was unable to grasp every little detail about CSP and couldn't necessarily achieve high goals. I plan on expanding my knowledge on said program, as well as personalizing the program itself.

~ Commissions, Streams, and More ~

Due to being a self-taught artist, I never really got a chance to learn how to draw other things outside from portraits, even with art class. I think now is the time for me to fully put my effort into drawing for everyone and succeed in more ways than one!

Even while streaming in the early years of when I joined the community, I had always felt self-conscious. I still do today. I am eager to start streams, commissions, and work on the potential comic for the community, but I don't feel as if I'm truly ready to start these things. For the time being, I've been honing my skills for anything art-related all while dealing with school and other things. Most of my time is being devoted to my education, and the rest is being devoted to art!

I've still been able to practice drawing different things and different people in all sorts of ways, but I personally believe I am still not fully prepared. Once most of the things I listed above are things that I am comfortable with, I believe I will be truly prepared to do the things I talked about above.

Again, I am really eager to start commissions and streams that everyone can view. I'm even more excited about the comic that I might make for the entire community as a way to bring it back to life, as well as entertain people. I'll hopefully be able to distribute my art and revive the community with more word. However, like I said, this will take a lot of time and effort.. but that doesn't mean I haven't given up!

~ Final Thoughts ~

I know most of you have been asking for and waiting for the arrival of my drawing tablet, but I need to ask you to just wait a little longer! I promise I'll be able to start doing one of the things I do best and broadcast it for everyone, but I need patience and time to make sure that I'm truly ready.

I'll let people post in this thread and ask any questions relating to anything in the topic, as well as setting up a poll on what you guys believe I should work on the most from the list of skills I need to hone. The top two selected on the poll will most likely be the things I'll be working on the most, so stay tuned!

Again, I appreciate everyone's support; starting from the users, then to the moderators, then all the way to the admins. You've all given me such a great time and I've met so many amazing people, and I know how many of you are waiting to see what I have to offer. I know I'm waiting too!

Thank you for all your support from the entire community, and I hope to achieve my goals and make everyone in the community happy!

See you soon!
now playing: the first four notes of megalovania

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: discussions about my (soon-to-come) drawing tablet!

Postby Dr Frook » 15 Oct 2016, 21:03

well well well, I'd like to see some of your spectacular art!
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Fredito9
FWG Ninja

Postby Fredito9 » 15 Oct 2016, 21:12

I'd say the two most important things to start off with are the two I voted for, probably the first 2 but I can't remember atm. I just want to say if you are focused on things like human bodies you shouldn't go into objects( I mean they are important if you aren't focusing on humans and etc)and shading, not to mention shading would be important but I see it as giving life or true meaning and expression.
Hope you get better and continue to draw! <3
I'll never give up on the world I love.

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Postby The Divine Potato » 15 Oct 2016, 21:35

I think seeing some of your fantastic art after almost three years (I think it may have really been that long) of withdrawal from such great art I will be glad to have your art making life sweeter again.

As for what I voted, i believe that you have been improving on anatomy very well, so I believe perspectives and colouring should be a focus for you, since a lot of your art usually focuses just from the front on I think it would be very interesting to see how well you could do looking it things from different angles. As for colouring you used to mainly do sketches and colouring was a secondary concern, I believe it will be nice to see colour added to your art, be it cell rough shading, cell shading or soft shading I think it will really bring your art to life.

I really look forward to seeing what you produce!
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 16 Oct 2016, 08:10

I feel you should focus your efforts on landscapes/ scenery, as a drawing is made just as great by the scenery then what's right in front. Perspectives would also be a great addition to your already godly drawing talent, as it would offer a wider range of drawings alog with the scenery.

but hoyl damn i jist need some of ur drawings pls kdnefjngef
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

Archangel
FWG Earl

Postby Archangel » 16 Oct 2016, 23:43

Leprechaun Lukia wrote:I feel you should focus your efforts on landscapes/ scenery, as a drawing is made just as great by the scenery then what's right in front. Perspectives would also be a great addition to your already godly drawing talent, as it would offer a wider range of drawings alog with the scenery.

but hoyl damn i jist need some of ur drawings pls kdnefjngef

what Lukia said
I can't say I was fine. I was never fine to begin with.

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Excalibur

Postby Excalibur » 17 Oct 2016, 04:41

Being an artist myself, I can't wait to see how you use your new tablet to create sketches. I voted for shading and anatomy.

I want to see some cool shading that gives depth and perspective from u! #excited
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Foopzheart
SKREEEEEEEE

Postby Foopzheart » 17 Oct 2016, 04:44

anatomy + everyday things. figure out those hands and then learn how to draw what's in 'em. i believe in you, and i'm glad you're finally going to be able to take it on soon. much love<3
vaguely present
SKREEE SKREEEEEE SKREEEEEEEEE

Return to “General Chat”