Death...

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Death...

Postby Dr Frook » 31 Oct 2016, 03:20

As you may already know, I had a pretty serious jet ski accident a couple of months ago. I've had some time to reflect on it. Here is what I got out of the experience.

1. Time does not slow down when u have a high speed accident. In fact, quite the opposite.

2. My life did not flash before me

3. It all happened very very very fast. So fast in fact that it was like seeing snap shots of the accident - being thrown; hitting the water; being under water; struggling to surface. Each was perceived as an individual moment in time. There was no continuity. As I said, felt like snap shots looking back.

4. Just heard someone got killed being thrown from a jet ski here in sydney the other day. Made me realise how close I came to having the same fate.

Overall the experience made me more aware that my life is fragile. I could die from the stupidest most random acts. I have taken actions to make sure should I disappear, there will be continuity with my family and fwg and other things that matter to me.

I was floating in shark and crocodile infested water after the accident. Had I known it would have made the experience so much worse. Ignorance is bliss.

My toe still hurts.
The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

Rainshard
FWG God

Re: Death...

Postby Rainshard » 01 Nov 2016, 17:37

Am totes frook's lawyer.

He left fwg to me.
2015 dad
2016 most likely to be a meme.

Fredito9
FWG Ninja

Postby Fredito9 » 01 Nov 2016, 22:09

I'm glad to know eyes aren't shut Frook.
I'll never give up on the world I love.

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 06 Nov 2016, 18:34

Oh my gosh!
I had no idea!!!
I'm so glad you're doing better Frook!
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Vienna
FWG Butt Kicker

Postby Vienna » 06 Nov 2016, 23:22

Dr Frook wrote:As you may already know, I had a pretty serious jet ski accident a couple of months ago. I've had some time to reflect on it. Here is what I got out of the experience.

1. Time does not slow down when u have a high speed accident. In fact, quite the opposite.

2. My life did not flash before me

3. It all happened very very very fast. So fast in fact that it was like seeing snap shots of the accident - being thrown; hitting the water; being under water; struggling to surface. Each was perceived as an individual moment in time. There was no continuity. As I said, felt like snap shots looking back.

4. Just heard someone got killed being thrown from a jet ski here in sydney the other day. Made me realise how close I came to having the same fate.

Overall the experience made me more aware that my life is fragile. I could die from the stupidest most random acts. I have taken actions to make sure should I disappear, there will be continuity with my family and fwg and other things that matter to me.

I was floating in shark and crocodile infested water after the accident. Had I known it would have made the experience so much worse. Ignorance is bliss.

My toe still hurts.

That's insightful. I am kind of glad you brought up the subject, and shared your experience. I have also had a couple near-death experiences; one was very quick and there was no time to think, the other I was so in shock that I simply couldn't-- I ran off muscle memory to survive. Isn't it uplifting, how brushing death makes life a much more peaceful and enlightening experience?

Either way we all die; whether you spend this life worrying, or not. Maybe if we were all raised with this philosophy we would celebrate life more, and mourn death less.
It is precisely the possibility of realizing a dream that makes life interesting.
Paulo Coelho, The Alchemist

Return to “General Chat”