HELP

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
Angel
Human Overlord

HELP

Postby Angel » 13 Dec 2016, 00:53

I want to get Mike a really nice pair of gaming headphones, but I don't know what brand is best.
I want it to be wireless and have a built in mic and I can't spend more than $100.
Suggestions would be very appreciated!
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Fredito9
FWG Ninja

Re: HELP

Postby Fredito9 » 13 Dec 2016, 01:53

I heard Skull Candy and Playstation have some nice ones.
I'll never give up on the world I love.

BIG EYES
FWG Earl

Postby BIG EYES » 13 Dec 2016, 07:41

Wired or Wireless headsets, also in the event that you may switch consoles, would you also consider multiplatform usage a bonus?
Excalibur: I AM THE BESTEST
Sylvie: QUACK!
Kit Kat: ill fight you
Rainshard: Im very gay
Excalibur: ex > zia
Lukia: he doesnt do it - lukia 2915
The Divine Potato: Tumeric is the Spice of Life
Icamenal: Im the humblest guy in the world!

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 13 Dec 2016, 13:04

I can't recommend any headsets that are under $100 that are wireless.
The Razer Kraken series is what I recommended, but they are all wired, as far as I'm aware.
But all my wireless headsets have cost at least $175 (I think that was my Afterglow) and the one currently used in my home is the ASTRO gaming A50's which go for about $300. I doubt you want an earpiece, or one of those half headphones with microphones, which are under $100.
I've lost my pieces.

BIG EYES
FWG Earl

Postby BIG EYES » 13 Dec 2016, 17:13

Lamb wrote:I can't recommend any headsets that are under $100 that are wireless.
The Razer Kraken series is what I recommended, but they are all wired, as far as I'm aware.
But all my wireless headsets have cost at least $175 (I think that was my Afterglow) and the one currently used in my home is the ASTRO gaming A50's which go for about $300. I doubt you want an earpiece, or one of those half headphones with microphones, which are under $100.

True true, I'd say something along the lines of Steelseries, Sennheisers, and Audio-technica. I don't like going with anything along the lines of Logitech, I've never tried razer though, heard they are pretty good.

I had a pair of logitech g930s and they had the design flaw where the plastic part holding the earcup and the headband broke and it fell apart.

I then bought some kingston hyper x cloud II, not a good buy because I had some issues with the microphone since its detachable and was controlled by the usb box which overrode my pc settings. I heard the better buy is the Hyper X cloud I or Revolver

I'm currently using a pair of steelseries siberia 350s, and I actually like them, they feel really nice and comfortable but sadly they use usb ports so they aren't compatible with Xbox 1s.
Excalibur: I AM THE BESTEST
Sylvie: QUACK!
Kit Kat: ill fight you
Rainshard: Im very gay
Excalibur: ex > zia
Lukia: he doesnt do it - lukia 2915
The Divine Potato: Tumeric is the Spice of Life
Icamenal: Im the humblest guy in the world!

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 13 Dec 2016, 17:32

Thanks guys, all very helpful.
Mike has the Hyper X headphones and has been having issues with the mic and the left ear piece. Sounds like it's a design flaw.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 14 Dec 2016, 03:03

I bought him a Razer Kraken Pro gaming headset and I'm really excited to give it to him on Christmas!
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 14 Dec 2016, 05:35

that's great! I was going to link to these wireless ones I found on new egg, but it seems you found something in your price range!

Merry Christmas!
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Angel
Human Overlord

Postby Angel » 21 Dec 2016, 04:01

Razer Kraken Pro headphones were a HUGE success!!!
Mike absolutely LOVES them! And yes I did give them to him early because I'm horrible at surprises and almost blew it like 3 times... so when they got to me on Monday I gave them to him later that night.
The microphone is retractable and he says it picks up his voice so well that he had to move it away from his face quite a bit, and the guys he Raids with could still hear him clearly. The sound quality is exceptional for the price range of the headphones and they are noise cancelling too.
"Halo, and goodbye!"

Archangel
FWG Earl

Postby Archangel » 21 Dec 2016, 15:06

Angel wrote:Razer Kraken Pro headphones were a HUGE success!!!
Mike absolutely LOVES them! And yes I did give them to him early because I'm horrible at surprises and almost blew it like 3 times... so when they got to me on Monday I gave them to him later that night.
The microphone is retractable and he says it picks up his voice so well that he had to move it away from his face quite a bit, and the guys he Raids with could still hear him clearly. The sound quality is exceptional for the price range of the headphones and they are noise cancelling too.
Glad he loves them.
I can't say I was fine. I was never fine to begin with.

Return to “General Chat”