R.I.P Jeremy Lusk!! (11/26/84-02/09/09)

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
The Zodiac Killer
FWG Field Marshal

R.I.P Jeremy Lusk!! (11/26/84-02/09/09)

Postby The Zodiac Killer » 10 Nov 2010, 14:18

It’s extremely unfortunate in our industry to see a fellow rider go down and unfortunately its part of the job. Anyone who’s watched the XGAMES has seen the “pitbull” Jeremy Lusk of the Metal Mulisha. Unfortunately as of this moment his in critical condition in Costa Rica in a medically induced coma after enduring a horrific crash during a competition Saturday night in the Central American nation.

Cheryl Lynch, a publicist for the Metal Mulisha team of riders, is sharing what is known so far:Lusk, of Temecula, is in Calderon Hospital in San Jose, in stable but critical condition with swelling of the brain. He required surgery immediately after hospitalization “to treat a subdural hematoma on the brain.” Surgery lasted more than four hours. X-rays to the neck and spinal column revealed no breaks. The hospital “is not reporting other injuries at this time. Doctors report that they will know more Jeremy’s future prognosis within the next crucial 36 to 48 hours. Lusk’s wife, Lauren, and her father arrived in Costa Rica this morning. Metal Muslisha founder and FMX icon Brian Deegan also has traveled to Costa Rica.

An emergency fund to help defer the costs of Jeremy Lusk’s medical care has already been established and is set up to take donations immediately. Through the quick-moving efforts of the Athlete Recovery Fund, those interested in making a donation may do so by visiting athleterecoveryfund.com and clicking on the“make a donation” button. All donations made through this website, starting TODAY, are earmarked directly for Jeremy Lusk’s care! Financial arrangements are being put into place to pay for the Medi-Vac international air transportation that Jeremy will need once he is stable and can be transferred to a leading United States-based Head Trauma Center. It is likely that these funds will be needed within the next few days, therefore immediate donations are certainly appreciated.

The entire motor-sports community is pulling for Lusk and his family in his time of need. our thoughts and and prayers go out to him and his family in their time of need and we wish him a fast and speedy recovery.
:cry:
My name is Alex, and have been a member since '09. Love the site and the forum. Happily Married!

Dr Frook
FWG Mod

Re: R.I.P Jeremy Lusk!! (11/26/84-02/09/09)

Postby Dr Frook » 11 Nov 2010, 13:05

that's the price you pay doing something dangerous and something u love...

The BUGBLATTER BEAST HAS SPOKEN, ALL HAIL THE BLATTERER!

The Zodiac Killer
FWG Field Marshal

Re: R.I.P Jeremy Lusk!! (11/26/84-02/09/09)

Postby The Zodiac Killer » 11 Nov 2010, 13:47

yes, yes it is.... i also knew him personally too...
My name is Alex, and have been a member since '09. Love the site and the forum. Happily Married!

Return to “General Chat”