PALADINS RANDOM ROOM FOR RANDOMNESS

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
paladin
FWG King

PALADINS RANDOM ROOM FOR RANDOMNESS

Postby paladin » 10 Dec 2009, 03:22

POST ALL U PPLZ!!!!!
Image The "Most Likely to Become an Evil Genius" Frookie Winner
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

MRHuStLa_117
FWG Assassin

Re: PALADINS RANDOM ROOM FOR RANDOMNESS

Postby MRHuStLa_117 » 10 Dec 2009, 11:32

what should we do?
The war between the wind and the blocks are started...from now on i call myself a human!...we shall not be defeated by the ugly faces...to the king of the million !!...* closes the window*

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 10 Dec 2009, 20:19

be random as the name suggests?
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

MRHuStLa_117
FWG Assassin

Postby MRHuStLa_117 » 10 Dec 2009, 21:01

ok
The war between the wind and the blocks are started...from now on i call myself a human!...we shall not be defeated by the ugly faces...to the king of the million !!...* closes the window*

Sylvia
FWG Mod

Postby Sylvia » 10 Dec 2009, 21:24

me drunk
Problems with Medals, Quizzes or other activities - PM me here!

Image FWG Award for Heart of Gold

MRHuStLa_117
FWG Assassin

Postby MRHuStLa_117 » 10 Dec 2009, 21:27

that thing is not a good thing...speaking of things...did u know that when u say a thing it doesn't mean things becuase thing is a thing and things are a things so things can't be a thing and a thing cant be things so..things rule :)

paladin
FWG King

Postby paladin » 19 Dec 2009, 15:38

i like the signature.... any suggustions for a new one for me or should it stay the same???
#Ian4CM
#Frook4Member
#Excalibur4PermaBan

Sphinx
FWG King

Postby Sphinx » 21 Dec 2009, 01:17

* The Sphinx has been a symbol of Egypt from ancient times to the present. It has inspired the imaginations of artists, poets, adventurers, scholars and travelers for centuries and has also inspired endless speculation about its age, its meaning and the secrets that it might hold.

A Description of the Great Sphinx

The Great Sphinx of Giza is an immense stone sculpture of a creature with the body of a lion and the head of a human. The greatest monumental sculpture in the ancient world, it is carved out of a single ridge of limestone 240 feet (73 meters) long and 66 feet (20 meters) high.

The Sphinx sits in a shallow depression to the south of the pyramid of the Pharaoh Khafre (also known as Chephren) at the west bank of the Nile River near the city of Cairo.

The rock stratum out of which the Sphinx has been made varies from a soft yellowish to a hard grey limestone. The massive body is made of the softer stone, which is easily eroded, while the head is formed of the harder stone.

To form the lower body of the Sphinx, enormous blocks of stone were quarried from the base rock and these blocks were then used in the core masonry of the temples directly in front and to the south of the Sphinx.

Despite the hard quality of the stone of the head, the face is badly damaged :cry: , and not only by natural erosion. The nose is missing altogether and the eyes and the areas around them are seriously altered from their original state.

Some scholars believe that the Great Sphinx originally had a beard. <fail .Pieces of this beard discovered by excavation are in the British Museum in London and the Cairo Museum. These pieces, however, may be dated to the New Kingdom times of
1570-1070 BCE.

Napoleon's artillerymen have been blamed for using the face of the Sphinx for target practice.(what?)
* The Sphinx is part of a complex of structures that also contains the Sphinx temple. This temple, like the Great Pyramid and the Oseiron temple at Abydos in Southern Egypt, may also date from Pre-dynastic times.

The History of the Sphinx

According to orthodox Egyptology the Sphinx was constructed in the 4th Dynasty (2575 – 2467 BCE) by the Pharaoh Khafre. However, an accumulating body of evidence, both archaeological and geological, indicates that the Sphinx is far older than the 4th Dynasty and was only restored by Khafre during his reign.

There are no inscriptions on the Sphinx, or on any of the temples connected to it that, that offer evidence of construction by Khafre. The so-called 'Inventory Stele' (uncovered on the Giza plateau in the 19th century) tells that the Pharaoh Khufu (Cheops) – Khafre’s predecessor - ordered a temple built alongside the Sphinx, meaning of course that the Sphinx was already there, and thus could not have been constructed by Khafre.

A much greater age for the Sphinx has been suggested by R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz, based upon geological considerations. Schwaller de Lubicz observed, and recent geologists (such as Robert Schoch, Professor of Geology at Boston University) have confirmed, that the extreme erosion on the body of the Sphinx could not be the result of wind and sand, as has been universally assumed, but rather was the result of water.

Geologists agree that in the distant past Egypt was subjected to severe flooding. Wind erosion cannot take place when the body of the Sphinx is covered by sand, and the Sphinx has been in this condition for nearly all of the last five thousand years - since the alleged time of its 4th Dynasty construction.

If wind-blown sand were responsible for the deep erosion of the Sphinx, we would expect to find evidence of such erosion on other Egyptian monuments built of similar materials and exposed to the wind for a similar length of time. Yet the fact of the matter is, that even on structures that have had more exposure to the wind-blown sand, there are minimal effects of erosion, the sand having done little more than scour clean the surface of the dressed stones.
Last edited by Sphinx on 28 Jun 2010, 12:49, edited 1 time in total.
kind of like the leader in here#3494

NeonBond
FWG Mod

Postby NeonBond » 21 Dec 2009, 15:54

haxor....
I see wut you did thar!

MRHuStLa_117
FWG Assassin

Postby MRHuStLa_117 » 23 Dec 2009, 09:39

Sphinx wrote:* The Sphinx has been a symbol of Egypt from ancient times to the present. It has inspired the imaginations of artists, poets, adventurers, scholars and travelers for centuries and has also inspired endless speculation about its age, its meaning and the secrets that it might hold.

A Description of the Great Sphinx

The Great Sphinx of Giza is an immense stone sculpture of a creature with the body of a lion and the head of a human. The greatest monumental sculpture in the ancient world, it is carved out of a single ridge of limestone 240 feet (73 meters) long and 66 feet (20 meters) high.

The Sphinx sits in a shallow depression to the south of the pyramid of the Pharaoh Khafre (also known as Chephren) at the west bank of the Nile River near the city of Cairo.

The rock stratum out of which the Sphinx has been made varies from a soft yellowish to a hard grey limestone. The massive body is made of the softer stone, which is easily eroded, while the head is formed of the harder stone.

To form the lower body of the Sphinx, enormous blocks of stone were quarried from the base rock and these blocks were then used in the core masonry of the temples directly in front and to the south of the Sphinx.

Despite the hard quality of the stone of the head, the face is badly damaged, and not only by natural erosion. The nose is missing altogether and the eyes and the areas around them are seriously altered from their original state.

Some scholars believe that the Great Sphinx originally had a beard. Pieces of this beard discovered by excavation are in the British Museum in London and the Cairo Museum. These pieces, however, may be dated to the New Kingdom times of
1570-1070 BCE.

Napoleon's artillerymen have been blamed for using the face of the Sphinx for target practice.
* The Sphinx is part of a complex of structures that also contains the Sphinx temple. This temple, like the Great Pyramid and the Oseiron temple at Abydos in Southern Egypt, may also date from Pre-dynastic times.

The History of the Sphinx

According to orthodox Egyptology the Sphinx was constructed in the 4th Dynasty (2575 – 2467 BCE) by the Pharaoh Khafre. However, an accumulating body of evidence, both archaeological and geological, indicates that the Sphinx is far older than the 4th Dynasty and was only restored by Khafre during his reign.

There are no inscriptions on the Sphinx, or on any of the temples connected to it that, that offer evidence of construction by Khafre. The so-called 'Inventory Stele' (uncovered on the Giza plateau in the 19th century) tells that the Pharaoh Khufu (Cheops) – Khafre’s predecessor - ordered a temple built alongside the Sphinx, meaning of course that the Sphinx was already there, and thus could not have been constructed by Khafre.

A much greater age for the Sphinx has been suggested by R.A. Schwaller de Lubicz, based upon geological considerations. Schwaller de Lubicz observed, and recent geologists (such as Robert Schoch, Professor of Geology at Boston University) have confirmed, that the extreme erosion on the body of the Sphinx could not be the result of wind and sand, as has been universally assumed, but rather was the result of water.

Geologists agree that in the distant past Egypt was subjected to severe flooding. Wind erosion cannot take place when the body of the Sphinx is covered by sand, and the Sphinx has been in this condition for nearly all of the last five thousand years - since the alleged time of its 4th Dynasty construction.

If wind-blown sand were responsible for the deep erosion of the Sphinx, we would expect to find evidence of such erosion on other Egyptian monuments built of similar materials and exposed to the wind for a similar length of time. Yet the fact of the matter is, that even on structures that have had more exposure to the wind-blown sand, there are minimal effects of erosion, the sand having done little more than scour clean the surface of the dressed stones.

am i suppose to read it all ? :?

Return to “General Chat”