Making marijuana legal?

Talk about anything and everything. Try not to kill each other!
Amy
FWG Baron

Making marijuana legal?

Postby Amy » 06 Nov 2011, 18:16

Cannabis, weed, pot, whatever you want to call it; it's everywhere.

To be caught in possession of, to grow, or to deal this drug carries a hefty sentence across the western world, yet tobacco and alcohol are freely consumed in public.

Cannabis has been ranked one of the least harmful drugs by medical magazines and doctors everywhere - it is much less addictive than tobacco and alcohol, and less harmful as well.

So should we legalize it?

Shadow00

Re: Making marijuana legal?

Postby Shadow00 » 06 Nov 2011, 18:20

No.Enough people are drug addicts already.If you legalize it,you'll wipe out half the world's population...

Amy
FWG Baron

Postby Amy » 06 Nov 2011, 19:18

Shadow00 wrote:No.Enough people are drug addicts already.If you legalize it,you'll wipe out half the world's population...

But it's less addictive than smoking, and less harmful...instead of smoking tobacco, people could smoke pot, it's better for them.

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 06 Nov 2011, 20:38

Amy Moo Cow wrote:
Shadow00 wrote:No.Enough people are drug addicts already.If you legalize it,you'll wipe out half the world's population...

But it's less addictive than smoking, and less harmful...instead of smoking tobacco, people could smoke pot, it's better for them.

Actually, smoking any substance is harmful; you will get respiratory problems like COPD regardless of what you're smoking. I'm not sure about other risk factors such as cancer, however.

I read in the paper today that the head of an American Drug Regulatory Committee (something along those lines) said that marijuana was much safer compared to many other drugs physicians prescribe.

So maybe legalizing medical marijuana (comes in a paste form) is a possible alternative.

Amy
FWG Baron

Postby Amy » 06 Nov 2011, 20:40

yes, I made my point badly there - you're completely right.

Smoking anything along these lines is bad for you, but overall, if 25% of those who smoke tobacco right now started smoking marijuana if it was made legal, there are 25% less tobacco smokers - more harmful for those and the people around them.

Perhaps even those who take other drugs which are more harmful would consider switching to marijuana as a legal, therefore easier, alternative.

All theory - but should be taken into account.

mariiheartsu
FWG Ninja

Postby mariiheartsu » 06 Nov 2011, 21:13

Think of the damage people cause by getting high off of weed and it is illegal, making weed legal would be a crazy idea. Yes it is harmful than a lot of drugs that are on the market now but the effects it has on people would cause too much damage. I see kids that are in elementary school and middle school getting high off of it. Little kids whose brains haven't developed as yet are smoking it. Keeping it illegal is the smart and safest choice right now. Just like crack, ecstasy and LSD, weed causes you to literally walk and move around without a brain in your own world. I say keep it illegal.

Shadow00

Postby Shadow00 » 06 Nov 2011, 22:10

mariiheartsu wrote:Think of the damage people cause by getting high off of weed and it is illegal, making weed legal would be a crazy idea. Yes it is harmful than a lot of drugs that are on the market now but the effects it has on people would cause too much damage. I see kids that are in elementary school and middle school getting high off of it. Little kids whose brains haven't developed as yet are smoking it. Keeping it illegal is the smart and safest choice right now. Just like crack, ecstasy and LSD, weed causes you to literally walk and move around without a brain in your own world. I say keep it illegal.

No,they're actually right. Smoking mass-produced cigarettes is far more dangerous than medical marijuana. But the main thing is,keeping something banned somehow makes everyone use it. I believe that it is like the alcohol banning law... If people want to use something,nothing will stop them from using it.

mariiheartsu
FWG Ninja

Postby mariiheartsu » 06 Nov 2011, 23:20

No,they're actually right. Smoking mass-produced cigarettes is far more dangerous than medical marijuana. But the main thing is,keeping something banned somehow makes everyone use it. I believe that it is like the alcohol banning law... If people want to use something,nothing will stop them from using it.

My bad shadow i meant to say that it is less harmful than the other drugs

prophet
FWG King

Postby prophet » 06 Nov 2011, 23:23

Marijuana is less dangerous then Alcohol, it shuld definatly be legalised

purpledeer
FWG God

Postby purpledeer » 08 Nov 2011, 05:32

I saw to hell if they wanna take marijuana let them... its there life there wreaking.... BUT i believe that you can not smoke it around people who chose wisely NOT to do the drug..

Return to “General Chat”