Random Redirects?

Is something broken? Doesn't work right? A game gone crazy? Tell us about it here!
Icamenal
FWG God

Random Redirects?

Postby Icamenal » 31 Mar 2015, 09:48

Sometimes when I'm browsing the forum, when I click on a link, and I get randomly redirected to another website. I don't have any malware, I used a trusted thingy to check, as well as checking myself, I don't have any unknown processes running, I have firewall, haven't gone to any sites that I haven't verified myself, etc. It has happened on multiple devices. The links that I click don't seem have any sort of pattern, and the pages I'm redirected to aren't Malware, viruses, or anything malicious. The pages are purely random. I've looked, and the pages I've been redirected to aren't related to the advertisements on the forum, so it can't be a missclick.
As stated earlier, it doesn't seem to be malicious, but it is inconvenient and makes me nervous.
Um... here's a question mark to turn it into a question: ?
That's how it works, right?
Oh nevermind, that question mark was irrelevant, as I've got one right up here. ^

The Divine Potato
The All Powerful FWGER
Location: Everywhere and nowhere doing everything and nothing

Re: Random Redirects?

Postby The Divine Potato » 02 Apr 2015, 18:49

Use adblock.
Image -Best Storyteller award

"You have to pass on the torch sometime, just make sure it's a light and not a disease"

Icamenal
FWG God

Postby Icamenal » 02 Apr 2015, 23:53

The Divine Potato wrote:Use adblock.

I have adblock, but since I'm not sure how it works, I don't want to enable it when I go onto Fwig, because I want Dr. Frook to get money n stuff, not that it's very much.
I'll just suck it up and deal with it.
Thanks anyway!

mmm
FWG Mod

Postby mmm » 03 Apr 2015, 12:52

ICAMENAL wrote:

I have adblock, but since I'm not sure how it works, I don't want to enable it when I go onto Fwig, because I want Dr. Frook to get money n stuff, not that it's very much.
Thanks anyway!

I actually have the same thing happen when I'm on mobile, sometimes. It may be some mean ads that aren't playing by the rules. Keep a list of the URLs you get sent to and once Frook gets back from his trip we'll send it to him.
Image For trying.

Icamenal
FWG God

Postby Icamenal » 03 Apr 2015, 20:53

mmm wrote:
ICAMENAL wrote:

Thanks anyway!

I actually have the same thing happen when I'm on mobile, sometimes. It may be some mean ads that aren't playing by the rules. Keep a list of the URLs you get sent to and once Frook gets back from his trip we'll send it to him.

Yes sirree.
Glad I wasn't the only one.
Thanks so much!

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 29 Apr 2015, 01:00

Does it still persist? and is it only on a particular page? or does it redirect to a particular page?
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Icamenal
FWG God

Postby Icamenal » 24 May 2015, 00:56

Not to my knowledge, though I haven't been on very much lately.

Excalibur
King of the Texans!

Postby Excalibur » 25 Jul 2015, 19:22

Icamenal wrote:Not to my knowledge, though I haven't been on very much lately.

ok, because it could be adware. Im a malware/adware removal expert lol if u need help let me know.
Image #BestShooter #Orby#Running
Image ~ Coolest 8-)

Return to “Bug Reports”