Modern Warfare 3 Annoucement

Chat about games on freeworldgroup.com or elsewhere!
Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Re: Modern Warfare 3 Annoucement

Postby Lamb » 22 Feb 2012, 03:19

.-. im cheap ....
so how do you expect me to get the money...
I've lost my pieces.

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 22 Feb 2012, 22:08

It's finally here!

Call of Duty Elite Clan Operations

Clan Operations were one of the first features that were touted for Call of Duty Elite. However, all we’d gotten thus far were delays and promises that it would eventually see the light of day.

That day is here, as Clan Operations have officially launched on the Xbox 360 and PS3.

WHAT ARE CLAN OPERATIONS?

We’re glad you asked, and we’ve got you covered on that front.

Clan Operations work similarly to Lone Wolf Operations, only your stats are tracked as a clan rather than as a…lone wolf. Operations such as “best K/D ratio” or “most TDM Kills” over a certain time period will arise and your clan can sign up and compete in them in exchange for prizes.

HOW DOES IT WORK?

Each clan must have a clan leader designated. When a clan operation becomes available the clan leader can sign the clan up for it. Only the clan leader (not individual members) can sign the clan up so be sure and bug your leader if he’s slacking.

To keep things fair, the scoring for the clan op will only take the stats of the 6 best scoring players from each clan. This is done to make sure that a very large clan isn’t at a huge advantage in ops like “most TDM kills” just because they are adding up the scores of more players. If a clan has 50 players in the aforementioned clan op, their score will be the total TDM kills of the 6 players in that clan with the most kills during that op.

DO I HAVE TO BE A CALL OF DUTY ELITE PREMIUM SUBSCRIBER?

Both premium and non-premium subscribers can compete in Clan Ops, but scores only count for premium subscribers. If you have the most TDM kills for you clan during the “total TDM Kills” op and are not a premium subscriber then those kills will not count towards your clan’s score.

WHAT ARE THE PRIZES/REWARDS?

There are 4 levels of placement in clan ops

Bronze – Finish in top 50%
Silver – Finish in top 25%
Gold – Finish in top 10%
Champion – Finish 1st
Any clan finishing in the Bronze, Silver, or Gold category will receive some form of reward. This is typically clan XP or clan badges for your clan showcase. More XP and better badges are awarded for a better finish. All badges are clan badges, not individual player badges.

Additionally, clans that finish as Champion can win real prizes for the members that finished in the top 6 (and hence had their scores counted) for that op.

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 27 Feb 2012, 01:48

Good news if you're not an elite premium subscriber

MW3 DLC Available to Non-Elite Members in March

If you’re not a subscriber of Call of Duty Elite’s premium service then these last few months were likely frustrating to you as you watched all your premium buddies play on new maps that you couldn’t buy even if you wanted to. That frustration is nearing its end, as Robert Bowling has confirmed that the first batch of MW3 DLC (Piazza and Liberation maps) will be available for purchase on the Xbox 360 in March.

As has become typical, PS3 and PC users will have to wait until later. Using the standard “one month later” rule that seems to be accurate for MW3 DLC, we’re guessing that this will be available in April on those platforms.

No pricing details have been announced yet, but we wouldn’t be surprised if Overwatch was also thrown into the pack and 1200ms points were charged for it.

With this confirmation, March is going to be an even busier month on the MW3 DLC front.

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 27 Feb 2012, 21:42

Show your support for the idea!

MW3 Could Get Free Classic Maps

In a recent interview, Infinity Ward Creative Strategist Robert Bowling (known by most as Fourzerotwo) let it be known that he would like to see some classic Call of Duty maps released for MW3 for free.

When he says “free”, he actually means free. Not “free for Call of Duty Elite subscribers”, and not first on Xbox. Rather, he means free content released at the same time across all platforms and for all users. Specifically, he had this to say:

If you’re going to do throwback maps – if you’re going to do classic maps, keep it outside the DLC model. For DLC, if you’re paying for stuff – if it’s included in your subscription, it should all be new content. If we’re going to do a throwback map, let that be outside the DLC model, let it be free, let it for everyone. Don’t let it be restricted by contracts, partnerships, and all that money stuff. Let it just be there.

Bowling was very passionate about what he said, but even with that passion and with those comments we want to be clear here, this is NOT a confirmation that free throwback maps are coming to MW3. Bowling’s views on the matter certainly seem to oppose those of his employers, Activision, who have no problem charging money for anything and everything they can. That said, this isn’t the first tidbit to come about regarding classic Call of Duty maps in MW3. Several files were found in the PC version of MW3 that are named after maps from MW1 and MW2.

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 27 Feb 2012, 21:47

Perfect...Evil,you're brilliant at this!I love reading all of this,even when it gets too long.Please,POST MORE!!!
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 29 Feb 2012, 00:34

Some love for the PS3 guys..

PSA: Liberation and Piazza Now Available on PS3

We told you that the day was coming, and now it’s finally here. As of right now, the first map pack for Call of Duty Modern Warfare 3 is available for download on the Playstation Network. That is assuming you are a Call of Duty Elite subscriber, of course.

Go ahead and set those bitter feelings aside for a minute. Yes, your Xbox brethren have been playing the maps for more than a month and are already playing the next DLC map after these, but today is a day to set aside those feelings of hatred and get to playing Liberation and Piazza.

As I just told you, like two seconds ago, this map pack contains the Liberation and Piazza multiplayer maps. The price is free (you already paid for it with your CoD Elite subscription), and it is available for download now. Liberation will take you into a militarized version of Central Park in New York, while Piazza will have you half way across the globe fighting it out on the streets of Italy.

If you’re stuck at work, you can pass the time by checking out the screenshots and trailer we have of the maps.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You
Location: In a room watching anime, studying other stuff, and basically making others laugh.

Postby Lamb » 01 Mar 2012, 01:26

I vote Evil to be the one to give gaming news...
I've lost my pieces.

evilzombie
FWG Mod

Postby evilzombie » 03 Mar 2012, 12:06

For some reason, its not going to let me post anymore updates, not sure why.

Lamb
I Shall Eatz You

Postby Lamb » 04 Mar 2012, 04:05

Not sure what you said but ok
I've lost my pieces.

Leprechaun Lukia
FWG God

Postby Leprechaun Lukia » 04 Mar 2012, 09:42

Report to Frank,he'll sort it out.
"Everyone else gave up on you... but I saw what you could be!"

Return to “Game Chat”