Pokemon Go!

Chat about games on freeworldgroup.com or elsewhere!
Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Re: Pokemon Go!

Postby Zia- » 13 Sep 2015, 05:13

itll be highly likely that legendaries are released through group events, like how the video shows, everyone gaining up against it to try and beat it within the time allocated, this is to give a more realistic feel to it being "legendary" so tough that multiple people, hundreds if not thousands have to take it on at once in order to defeat it, There are also people who will be participating in a closed beta later this year to test the system out, so just wait for some more confirmation on how the whole system actually works.

I also have the feeling that pokemon will be released generation by generation as all the pokemon shown in the video are in the first generation, which it makes sense for Nintendo to do it generation by generation.
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
But the Pills were quicker
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 13 Sep 2015, 13:13

I feel like they'll probably start off with more than just gen 1. Probably gen 2 and maybe 3 will be released initially alongside gen 1.
After that we'd probably see gen 4 through 6 added in at later times.
Of course we could have all 6 gens or maybe just 5 gens released simultaneously, as they have been working on Pokemon Go! for 2 years so far, with plenty of time to finish up for version 1.0.0 as it'll be released in 2016

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 13 Sep 2015, 14:47

TheKingsHills wrote:I feel like they'll probably start off with more than just gen 1. Probably gen 2 and maybe 3 will be released initially alongside gen 1.
After that we'd probably see gen 4 through 6 added in at later times.
Of course we could have all 6 gens or maybe just 5 gens released simultaneously, as they have been working on Pokemon Go! for 2 years so far, with plenty of time to finish up for version 1.0.0 as it'll be released in 2016

its not so much as how long they have been working on the game its the best way for Nintendo to make money, hell they work on most their games for a few years before even announcing them, plus if other generations were to feature, there would have been atleast 1-2 cameos of pokemon from other generations, but no, Nintendo probably figured, that releasing it generation at a time would be the best method, afterall that is what they do with the mainstream games, and that likely is what the ingame purchases will be, to be able to catch another generation of pokemon after you have caught all available ones, Thats what i would do if i was creating a pokemon game, do it generation after generation instead of a few and then a few more, it fits the original flow of releasing pokemon.
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 13 Sep 2015, 16:06

I don't think that a business model like that would really work. Especially with how I've seen microtransactions moving forward.
In my eyes the best plan would be to make all content available to all users.
Although there will be some catches, we'll most likely either find pokeballs or buy them from the pokestore, with the in game yen being able to be bought with real money. This would continue with evolution stones, potions, whatever other items that aren't absolutely necessary to play the game. But are useful.
So players would have a decent amount of tier 1 potions, maybe a few tier 2, and the occasional tier 3 items. While paying players would probably have a large abundance of tier 3+ items.
So while most would be using pokeballs and maybe great balls (I don't know the pokeball tier system), paying players would probably be using ultra balls or master balls most of the time.

Edit* Also, making all pokemon available to all users helps promote stable profits within the game.
Rather than have a large amount of players play for a few months then hit the gen 2 pay wall. Have them play for a few years occasionally dropping money on microtransactions such as in game items or currency or other aesthetics.

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 13 Sep 2015, 18:19

TheKingsHills wrote:I don't think that a business model like that would really work. Especially with how I've seen microtransactions moving forward.
Although there will be some catches, we'll most likely either find pokeballs or buy them from the pokestore, with the in game yen being able to be bought with real money. This would continue with evolution stones, potions, whatever other items that aren't absolutely necessary to play the game. But are useful.
So players would have a decent amount of tier 1 potions, maybe a few tier 2, and the occasional tier 3 items. While paying players would probably have a large abundance of tier 3+ items.
So while most would be using pokeballs and maybe great balls (I don't know the pokeball tier system), paying players would probably be using ultra balls or master balls most of the time.

Edit* Also, making all pokemon available to all users helps promote stable profits within the game.
Rather than have a large amount of players play for a few months then hit the gen 2 pay wall. Have them play for a few years occasionally dropping money on microtransactions such as in game items or currency or other aesthetics.

if they made us pay for every item we needed to use, more people would be turned away from it because it would just end up being too much, because assuming the pokemon within Go have the same catch rate as normally, we would require quite a large sum of money to afford things, even with the odd chance of finding items randomly, you would still need to spend quite alot of money overall, this could simply be countered by making things cheaper, but overall it will still end up being a costly thing to upkeep.

As for all pokemon being available, they will be in the end, and thats another reason why it should be done generation after generation, because it allows people to play and have content ahead of them to keep them wanting to play, instead of just going out and catching all the pokemon they want and then getting bored. there is 721 pokemon, it would make more sense to release a couple at a time, let people get them and then release more, the more pokemon released at once, the more people will end up getting all available pokemon in the quickest amount of time and then what do they have for them, sure they can battle and trade, but that leaves them in a spot of boredom while other people are still adventuring and getting pokemon, its better to space the entire game out rather than releasing all the content at once or in 2 waves or so
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 13 Sep 2015, 19:11

Zia- wrote:
TheKingsHills wrote:I don't think that a business model like that would really work. Especially with how I've seen microtransactions moving forward.

if they made us pay for every item we needed to use, more people would be turned away from it because it would just end up being too much, because assuming the pokemon within Go have the same catch rate as normally, we would require quite a large sum of money to afford things, even with the odd chance of finding items randomly, you would still need to spend quite alot of money overall, this could simply be countered by making things cheaper, but overall it will still end up being a costly thing to upkeep.

As for all pokemon being available, they will be in the end, and thats another reason why it should be done generation after generation, because it allows people to play and have content ahead of them to keep them wanting to play, instead of just going out and catching all the pokemon they want and then getting bored. there is 721 pokemon, it would make more sense to release a couple at a time, let people get them and then release more, the more pokemon released at once, the more people will end up getting all available pokemon in the quickest amount of time and then what do they have for them, sure they can battle and trade, but that leaves them in a spot of boredom while other people are still adventuring and getting pokemon, its better to space the entire game out rather than releasing all the content at once or in 2 waves or so

People aren't turned off by the pokeshop in the actual pokemon games.
You'd be able to get currency within the game probably by defeating wild pokemon and some other things that I can't think of.
You'd also find items that are dropped here and there.
But with the currency you gain you'd be able to buy stuff from the in game shop.
But they'll also offer the ability to buy in game currency with real money. $5 for 500 yen or something like that. That's how that system would work.

As for the generations, they'd probably be better off releasing a large majority of them they should try for 3-4 generations upon initial release. Why? Because what reason do they have to delay them? With gen by gen they have periods of time to wait, they catch all the pokemon and then they stop until next gen is released. But then you have release of 6/7th gen so you still have the same issue with the waiting upon catching all the pokemon. They have all the pokemon already, it doesn't make sense to slowly release them wave by wave other than pretending your game has longevity.But it's still not going to make them as much money.

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 13 Sep 2015, 19:46

TheKingsHills wrote:
Zia- wrote:

People aren't turned off by the pokeshop in the actual pokemon games.
You'd be able to get currency within the game probably by defeating wild pokemon and some other things that I can't think of.
You'd also find items that are dropped here and there.
But with the currency you gain you'd be able to buy stuff from the in game shop.
But they'll also offer the ability to buy in game currency with real money. $5 for 500 yen or something like that. That's how that system would work.

As for the generations, they'd probably be better off releasing a large majority of them they should try for 3-4 generations upon initial release. Why? Because what reason do they have to delay them? With gen by gen they have periods of time to wait, they catch all the pokemon and then they stop until next gen is released. But then you have release of 6/7th gen so you still have the same issue with the waiting upon catching all the pokemon. They have all the pokemon already, it doesn't make sense to slowly release them wave by wave other than pretending your game has longevity.But it's still not going to make them as much money.

people arent turned off by the pokeshop in the games because they dont require actual money for their transactions, not really any point in trying to bring that into your argument, but lets say that for the most part $5 will give you 500 yen, now judging by that alone, the prices for items ingame are already going to have to be discounted from what they are in the mainstream games, a typical red and white pokeball is sold for 200 yen in normal circumstances, so already things are going to be costly unless changes are made, secondly, to make the game more immersive for diehard fans, the game will most likely not reward you with items/ currency upon defeating wild pokemon, aside from the obvious held items that some pokemon can naturally possess in the mainstream titles, and only then will said items be obtained either through specific moves or actually capturing said pokemon with items. You will most likely earn ingame currency through battling with other trainers, which is another thing i am interested about, if the leveling scheme and mosesets will be untouched or

the period of time to wait is for people to actually spend their time adventuring looking for pokemon, Nintendo wont want people trying to simply catch every pokemon as fast as they can, they wont end up making money that way, they will want to draw things out so they can extort every little ounce of coin that they can obtain from their fanbase, im not saying to release every gen like 5 months apart or anything, im just saying give people a month or two, that way things will not just explode at the beginning and dwindle down until barely anyone wants to go out and look for pokemon anymore, they will want people to take their time and not rush, after all what fun is rushing something like finding wild animals to capture as your own pet. and holding back isnt going to stop their income, Nintendo knows what it is doing with its marketing, they will still make plenty of money off this project no matter what direction it goes, because there are afterall plenty of people like me, who are always excited about new pokemon content and just have to get it no matter what.

but in the end, the product still was only announced a few days ago, we know almost nothing of how it will actually work, it really could go either way, whether the cost is too high or the content is withheld to extend longevity, pokefreaks will still go out and purchase Go, because they love pokemon.

i am also beginning to wonder just how Go will tie in with the mainstream games, since they are compatible, and to what extent trading between Go and generation 6 games will have, whether trading of pokemon/items will be transferrable to Go, or only from Go, i can see it simply being a one way street where you can only trade content from Go to you mainstream game, similar to the Pokewalker of the Heartgold Soulsilver remakes, but i think things would be a bit easier and more fun for battling if we are able to trade pokemon into Go.
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

TheKingsHills
FWG King

Postby TheKingsHills » 14 Sep 2015, 02:14

You keep ignoring the fact that I say that in game money CAN be purchasable. Not that it'd be required to buy things in game. It'd be the whole pay for advantage system.
As for the pokemon thing, it'd make sense to region lock most pokemon meaning you need to be in certain geographical locations, or certain continents to catch certain pokemon. We also have the anticipated raid system meaning you'd probably need to be in the area at the time of raid to get certain legendaries. Both of which would contribute to catching all the pokemon taking a decent bit of time. Even then, we'd probably have easy ways to set up Gyms/Tournaments. Maybe a real life Elite 4, a real life Pokemon Master, real life gyms. etc etc.

Zia-
Queen of the Pokefreaks

Postby Zia- » 14 Sep 2015, 04:12

TheKingsHills wrote:You keep ignoring the fact that I say that in game money CAN be purchasable. Not that it'd be required to buy things in game. It'd be the whole pay for advantage system.
As for the pokemon thing, it'd make sense to region lock most pokemon meaning you need to be in certain geographical locations, or certain continents to catch certain pokemon. We also have the anticipated raid system meaning you'd probably need to be in the area at the time of raid to get certain legendaries. Both of which would contribute to catching all the pokemon taking a decent bit of time. Even then, we'd probably have easy ways to set up Gyms/Tournaments. Maybe a real life Elite 4, a real life Pokemon Master, real life gyms. etc etc.

im not ignoring that you say ingame money can be purchasable, im simply skipping to the part of aquiring additional content in the guise of items etc, theres no point in implementing a ingame currency if you cant use it .-.
and Region locking pokemon? really? that pretty much makes the majority of obtainable pokemon much lower, not everyone has the luxury of travelling the world, and that in turn also decreases the chances of trading for unique pokemon, as you would have to find someone who has travelled to other locations as well to provide a more vast supply of pokemon to you. The only pokemon that would ever be region locked is vivillon, simply because its colouration and pattern is based on where you are in the world, setting that for other pokemon would just cause frustration for people, UNLESS a GTS is implemented ingame, but i doubt that will happen simply because we have it in the mainstream games, as well as the GTS being broken in that people put up crap pokemon and expect legendaries and other rare pokemon.

As for legendaries, i dont think itll work as a "raid" as you so put it, itll work like mystery gifts most likely, legendaries are distributed to each continent/country at a different time, and in that time each event will most likely be held at the biggest cities of each country/state, allowing maximum people to participate in the fun. and as much as i would love a gym and Elite 4 system, that is not likely going to see the face of day, it probably wont even become a tournament setting, simply because the tournaments already in place have very strict rules as well as adhering to certain gametypes, ie doubles/no legendaries for example, implementing that into the system would just be too much hassle, if you want to battle someone just simply battle them, leave the tournaments to the system that has already been developed and honed.
Your skin like winter
I felt you shiver
I heard you whisper
I watched you wither
I am the KILLER

Boxorino
The Foxy Boxy

Postby Boxorino » 14 Sep 2015, 23:38

that was dramatic. still ready 2 die tho!

Return to “Game Chat”